• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TBV_Dan

Supporting The Blue Voice
It has now been announced on the OS that the final approval for our stadium has been approved.

Ron Martin said "Our programme to be in the new stadium for the start of the 2010 season remains unchanged." This is good news for many fans, and I for one can't wait to get in there. Here is a link to the article.

But, it means that we have to say a very sad farewell to Roots Hall, which has been the home to Southend United for many years. It holds many memories like us being crowned the champions of league 1, and us beating Manchester United in the carling cup.

UP THE BLUES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I see that picture of the stadium, I get a little tingle in my trousers.

Although when I see the number 22,000 used near the words "Southend United", I get a rumble in them too...

Great news that we can finally get started on the stadium. Needs to happen asap for the club to go forward.

F*ck 'em. They had their chance to have their say and the fact is there were many more voices in favour than against and it was approved by both councils and a government inquiry. You always get whingers in projects such as this but we'll soon have them proved wrong when it's complete and the club moves on to bigger and better things. Some of us have had our doubts about Uncle Ron in the past but I think we can finally say that things are getting moving and I look forward to seeing all those keyboard-warrior moaners on the Echo site eating their words in just over 2 years' time.

Southend is going to have a stadium to be proud of and they can either choose to be a part of it or carry on crying into their cornflakes. Either way, it's happening and I can't f*cking wait :)

I dont swear that often on here but it is goin to be the ****ing dogs boll*xs!!

p.s Cricko/whoever it seems the last word above is not filtered - just in case you wanted to

hang on a minute I dont want to pee on the parade but as I see it we still not going to start building until we get this strip of land sorted...if Im wrong please tell me

Great news. Sad to leave Roots Hall, but its something that needs to be done.

I cant see 2010 being the year its all done by though. Im hoping to be proved wrong.

Em.

I get a tingle when I think of southend v liverpool, 32,000 althrough there was a lot more there that night I think more like 35,000

Any sign of a JCB yet?

ish ... they have started digging up Eastern Avenue at the junction of Bournemouth Park Road .. this will allow traffic from the seafront to go straight into FF rather than have to turn left and go up to the roundabout by Victory Sports Ground

But, it means that we have to say a very sad farewell to Roots Hall, which has been the home to Southend United for many years. It holds many memories like us being crowned the champions of league 1, and us beating Manchester United in the carling cup.

UP THE BLUES!!!

Or other memories that extend beyond the last couple of years!!

The Shrimpers holding the mighty Reds to a goalless draw in the January snow.

Being crowned Fourth Division champions.

Southend 4 Northampton 4

Southend 1 Watford 0 on a cold night in December in the late 70s; a marvellous night in a (relatively) packed Roots Hall that meant we played Liverpool in the above match in 1978.

The firework displays on the South Bank!

The North Paddock and the chap who used to come in with a hammer and nail to hang his flat cap!

Or other memories that extend beyond the last couple of years!!

The Shrimpers holding the mighty Reds to a goalless draw in the January snow.

Being crowned Fourth Division champions.

Southend 4 Northampton 4

Southend 1 Watford 0 on a cold night in December in the late 70s; a marvellous night in a (relatively) packed Roots Hall that meant we played Liverpool in the above match in 1978.

The firework displays on the South Bank!

The North Paddock and the chap who used to come in with a hammer and nail to hang his flat cap!

Roots Hall has been our home since 1955. This still only goes as far back as the 70s.

How about 28th Jan 1956. SUFC 0 Man City 1. Apparently played in appalling conditions, and a mud bath of a pitch where we were all over them for 90 minutes and their goal was a shot that just about made it over the line. It was also the game that (again apparently) Bert Trautman cited in his autobiography as the best game he ever played. Apparently (that word again) he was out of this world that day.

So what are the chances of a web cam being placed in the area...so that we can watch the daily progress of our new chapel of worship being built

Back