• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I did a little digging and found this:

When you make a Comment:

• Views/comments form part of the public register but are not available to view online through Public Access,

So it isn't worth trying to find them electronically.

Have shared on Twitter and Facebook too - 100 characters is not nearly enough though.

Well done Lee, for bringing this to our attention.

I wonder if there is a way to publicise this further and get our supporters behind this? I would imagine asking Chris Philips or any of the players to 'retweet' may be a problem for them?

I've done it - not sure what impact it will have for someone who lives 80 odd miles away however.

Support in. Not sure why but my comments were not restricted to 100 characters.

Registered and voiced my support :thumbsup:

Can we add an 'open poll' to track who's added their support? We have plenty of members on here, be good if we can get everyone to poll their views on the SBC site.

I can maybe print out a couple of thousand flyers at work urging people to register, for distribution at RH, if anyone's interested?

Also, what about an 'Ad' with the details of the application in All at Sea??

Don't forget we also have a separate application with Rochford Council, which also needs our support! Currently the NIMBYs are the only voices Rochford are hearing... please please please Rochford residents write in to support the application:

Rochford planners' site SUFC plans and comments

I tell a lie - our first letter of support was registered by Rochford today. Well done whoever that was! Richard Gaylord keeps writing in to object, he seems very persistent :gun:

By the way, to see the residents letters click the above link, then click on 'Plans and Comments' and finally click to 'View all of the Planning Documents'

I tell a lie - our first letter of support was registered by Rochford today. Well done whoever that was! Richard Gaylord keeps writing in to object, he seems very persistent :gun:

By the way, to see the residents letters click the above link, then click on 'Plans and Comments' and finally click to 'View all of the Planning Documents'

Gaylord Fokker

Just taken a look at the NIMBY Letters, a lot of ranting and unsubstantiated claims.

If you click on the 'Add comment' on the Rochford site there are 18 reasons to object, but only 1 to support (Good design), how is this a fair poll?

We need to fight back !

Just taken a look at the NIMBY Letters, a lot of ranting and unsubstantiated claims.

If you click on the 'Add comment' on the Rochford site there are 18 reasons to object, but only 1 to support (Good design), how is this a fair poll?

We need to fight back !

Yep quite a bit of those objection comments have nothing to do with the training ground proposals and I'm pretty sure will be ignored. For example someone mentions that Southend has a Cinema already, that is totally irrelevant for this planning application.
There are some good objection points raised, but I would imagine nothing unexpected and you would hope the club have covered most of those already in the planning application.

Back