• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium delayed "by 10 to 12 months" or possibly 10-12 years !!!

I thought HOK were just the architects?

you are correct HOK where the architects when Mc Nasty and i was in the club shop the otherday when the echco was doing there ticket promotion

Mc Nasty spoke to Sriv who indicated the start time june/july as its going to take about 4/5 weeks to boarder up the whole site for the construction site

so we will just have to wait and see what devlops in the coming months

you are correct HOK where the architects when Mc Nasty and i was in the club shop the otherday when the echco was doing there ticket promotion

Mc Nasty spoke to Sriv who indicated the start time june/july as its going to take about 4/5 weeks to boarder up the whole site for the construction site

Yep that will be the first sign that something is actually going to happen. Probably be about 2km of fencing needed to go around the whole site.

RM did say June but that was changed to the Summer so chances are it will be later. The clock is ticking on the planning permission which runs out in July 2011.

I would say the only fencing you might see for now will be around the new training ground...time will tell I guess.

This Summer might be a breath of fresh air. Instead of "Guess who I saw at the training ground today", We'll have "Guess what I saw at FF today" threads.

Exciting times, I'm sure you'll agree...

This Summer might be a breath of fresh air. Instead of "Guess who I saw at the training ground today", We'll have "Guess what I saw at FF today" threads.

ShrimperZone will be requesting members with time on their hands and a camera to visit the site at FF very regularly to post "what's happening now" pics on the Zone.
We have suggested to RM we mount a web-cam on site --- we will wait and see.

ShrimperZone will be requesting members with time on their hands and a camera to visit the site at FF very regularly to post "what's happening now" pics on the Zone.
We have suggested to RM we mount a web-cam on site --- we will wait and see.

Well, pending operation on 25th and which way my room faces then I might give you an update then if I notice anything!

I think the kind of contractors that will be building the stadium are more than capable of fencing the site up in a couple of days!!

I think the kind of contractors that will be building the stadium are more than capable of fencing the site up in a couple of days!!

have you been down there recenlty there is also a lot of tree clearing to be done round the borders of the site before fencing can be erected so i think
4/5 weeks is a fair estimate

may be we should a sweepstake on how long the fence is going to take

Expect a Capricorn One style mock-up to keep the fans off his back whilst he struggles to get the finances in place !!

Just noticed on the southend website that all the trial days in August are being held at Jones memorial not boots and laces.Does this mean work could actually be starting on the new stadium?

The latest rumour I have heard is that it is starting in July...we shall see I guess.

let's keep the rumour going,just seemed strange as they always have the summer trial days at boots and laces.

There was a comment made at the latest liaison meeting about when we will be playing at the new stadium. I think it was 2013-4.

Well as the stadium will take approx 18 months to complete. Ron better get his skates on, if we are to move in late 2013/early 2014.

Until Sainsbury get permission for their revised RH plans and the loose ends are tied up with Pizza Man/SALE etc. I cannot see jack **** happening.

Back