• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium memorabilia

leeblue

Members⭐
With the news that a new stadium is possibly round the corner what would you want as a keep sake from roots hall.
I want my seat from the west and a small chunk of concrete from the north bank.

I always wanted the two seats where my former colleague, Paul, sat in South Upper, which we were going to put in the school playground - that's not going to happen now. I don't think there's anything I want, but there's certainly some things that I hope will make the transfer across to the new stadium - including the plaque to Mike North.

I would like a set of four seats, so I can concrete them into the ground in my garden...

I'm sure Uncle Ron will arrange these to be sold. Loves a pound note...

(and another job for @Cricko to do).

Reactions: GBJ
I'd like to keep a couple of the stewards from the West Stand and then re-instate them in the new ground looking after my two new seats and surrounding area. The two have always been brilliant at RH, always with a smile and helpful. Failing that, maybe my West Stand seat.

[QUOTE="leeblue, post: 2239272, member: O I definately don’t want my pigeon poo encrusted East stand seat or the pigeon come to think of it .

Be great if the club auctioned off the items with the money made going to local charities!! I'd like a few of the signs in and around the stadium!!

One of my old season ticket seats in the South Upper would be nice. That picture I’ve been offering to buy for years in the club shop of our play off game at the Millennium Stadium.

the vasectomy clinic advertising hoarding, it gives me a childish giggle everytime I notice it

Puts a new meaning on ' ball control ' !
Way back in the late 70's when I had the snip I was bought a silk tie with the initials IOFB woven on it. Worn with pride until ties became 'so yesterday' and it really didn't matter any more.

Be great if the club auctioned off the items with the money made going to local charities!! I'd like a few of the signs in and around the stadium!!

They will. All proceeds to the Ron Martin Fund for distressed Property Developers (Benfleet branch).

Would have loved to have had the old crash barrier which my Dad and his mates used to meet and stand by in the North Bank .Unfortunately went years ago when the seating went in .....but the memories of an introduction as a child to the Hall and it's characters which has never gone away

Thinking about this a bit more, the club crest on the gates (my avatar) would look the nuts on my shed door, so that's what I want.

The above, posted by @Chairman Trigg is it for me. I don’t want any part of Roots Hall. The memories are enough for me. Night games under the floodlights. Wind, rain, sun and snow. Good players, great players and some awful ones. Promotions, relegations, Freddie’s goal against United. Running on the pitch with my son after Sunderland. Many a goal celebrated and many a depressing walk back to Leigh on Sea. It’s our home and I’ll shed more than a few tears when we leave.

Like many my seat and my sons from east stand yellows. Had season tickets in all four stands at one time or another but this has been my seat for the last 20 years and my sons all his time of supporting the team. So many many memories

Back