• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium Move Delayed?

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Todays Echo page 7 - "Blues Stadium Move May be Delayed"

Geoff King stating that there could easily be delays with projects of this nature and scale. "It would be great to move at the beginning of the 2010/11 season, but I doubt this will be possible and a more realistic move is likely to be at some time during that season". Also states that work will only start in the Autumn.

Is this the first of many delays? By the looks of it we could have 3 more full seasons at Root Hall.

I take it all the minor problems have now been sorted & the details passed onto the Government, after all it was only going to take a couple of days??

I have grown old waiting for this stadium,a little longer aint going to make any diffrence. Eeer i dont think.

Get a quote from above, they advertise/sponsor at RH.

It would be ok if you wanted bits and pieces from them, but most of the stadium will be made abroad & shipped over in kit form & constructed here. This is how most of the new stadiums are made & ours won't be any different.

If you consider the manufacturing costs of this country & say Lithuania, where I know companies who do this, it still works miles cheaper to ship over from there, than have it made here. Of course some bits will be made over here, e.g. hand rails & other little bits.

This all said, we need to make sure that we use companies that back Southend & not those who have opposed the building of FF, as one local company did!!!

It would be ok if you wanted bits and pieces from them, but most of the stadium will be made abroad & shipped over in kit form & constructed here. This is how most of the new stadiums are made & ours won't be any different.

If you consider the manufacturing costs of this country & say Lithuania, where I know companies who do this, it still works miles cheaper to ship over from there, than have it made here. Of course some bits will be made over here, e.g. hand rails & other little bits.

This all said, we need to make sure that we use companies that back Southend & not those who have opposed the building of FF, as one local company did!!!

Our new ground is a little bit different from some other new grounds in that a bowl shape about 9m deep is being cut into the ground. There will still be steel work needed for parts of the ground (roof & on the 'main' stand side of the pitch) but not as much as if the stands were being built up from the ground.

Our new ground is a little bit different from some other new grounds in that a bowl shape about 9m deep is being cut into the ground. There will still be steel work needed for parts of the ground (roof & on the 'main' stand side of the pitch) but not as much as if the stands were being built up from the ground.

The concept is still the same, it still has to be constructed & built into the bowl.

Which company was that then? (So i dont use them at any time!)

Back