• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium plans called in

Clearly not - up to 20 weeks is just to find a date for an Inquiry. No decision is made at the Inquiry itself, after which the Inspector at the Inquiry will go away and file a report for Secretary of State. The final decision will be weeks, possibly months after the Inquiry is held. Rather longer than Southend BC took to make a decision in fact.

Realistically therefore, it could be a whole year before a decision is made on the matter and who knows where the club will be at that time. :fury:

Don't know any more than this mate

Mr Harkness said:
He said: "We would be absolutely delighted with the stadium. What we don't want is this completely unnecessary out-of-town retail development, which would be to the detriment of the health of the centre of town."

Or in other words Victoria Plaza, Mr Harkness? Which is under going a multi-million pound makeover at the moment?

Someone from the council was on BBC Essex at lunchtime, he thinks the whole public enquiry process will take 12 months and that half of all planning applications that called in by the Secretary of State are refused.

Did the council all agree to the original planning application knowing full well that the plans would be called in for a public enquiry??

I originally thought that we would be at Roots Hall for another 2 seasons, make that at least 3 seasons now:(

Last edited:
Someone from the council was on BBC Essex at lunchtime, he thinks the whole process whole public enquiry process will take 12 months and that half of all planning applications that called in by the Secretary of State are refused.

Did the council all agree to the original planning application knowing full well that the plans would be called in for a public enquiry??

I originally thought that we would be at Roots Hall for another 2 seasons, make that at least 3 seasons now:(

Well this isnt really looking good at all. Looks as though we may not be getting our ground afterall. And the worst thing is that we have to wait a whole year to find out! I am secretly confident that Ron has some sort of masterplan here but am also feeling very doubtful.

Think it will be longer - is it up to 20 weeks for a date to be announced, and that date could be another say 6 months in the furure, or is it up to 20 weeks before the inquiry is held?

It apperently takes 20 weeks to make a date for the then enquiry to be held at some later date......

Trust Harkness to stick his nose in NOW..when he had the choice to attend the Council meeting but didnt bother too.

This bit I find interesting from LIVERPOOL, England -- Work on Liverpool soccer club's new stadium will start in July after the local council gave final approval for the project Monday.

Funny how that hasnt been called in or Ruth just bypassed it and is shagging a Liverpool councilor. Did that not have to go to main Goverment too? .:mad:

Last edited:
It apperently takes 20 weeks to make a date for the then enquiry to be held at some later date......

Trust Harkness to stick his nose in NOW..when he had the choice to attend the Council meeting but didnt bother too.

This bit I find interesting from LIVERPOOL, England -- Work on Liverpool soccer club's new stadium will start in July after the local council gave final approval for the project Monday.

Funny how that hasnt been called in or Ruth just bypassed it and is shagging a Liverpool councilor. Did that not have to go to main Goverment too? .:mad:

Bloke from Southend council also mentioned that the B&Q which is now under construction was also called in by the Sec of State and that also went through a public enquiry.

If our application was just for a stadium on its own, then by the sounds of it a public enquiry probably would not have been needed.

Bloke from Southend council also mentioned that the B&Q which is now under construction was also called in by the Sec of State and that also went through a public enquiry.

If our application was just for a stadium on its own, then by the sounds of it a public enquiry probably would not have been needed.

I stand corrected. After further investigation it seems it did go to Government level.......

The new stadium for Liverpool Football Club received planning permission in July 2004 and news was received in October 2004 that the Deputy Prime Minister would not call a public inquiry on the application. Since that time, work has been progressing on the conditions that have to be met before work can start on site.

:thump:

I have copies of the letters sent to Southend BC and Rochford BC stating the 11 areas that RK wants to consider - no time to type them up at the moment but will post from home later.

As I stated yesterday this puts the start on site date back by at least a year IMHO.

**** me why doesnt these Morons understand that we need the other revenue streams to survive.

We dont have the TV Money of the Scousers or the Merchandising of United. We need the Hotel and Flats and shops.

FFS

Back