• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
Quick question,

My grandad, Ted Lewis, passed away last week. He was 94 and a season ticket holder for over 40 years after moving to Southend in 1955. He used to go to lots of reserve games too and used to offer his 'advice' to whoever was in charge apparently! He sat at the back of the West for his final years (but due to old age stopped attending 10 years ago or so) and had been a Chelsea Pentioner for about 7 years (formally of Electric Avenue).

Hoped there could be some recognition and wondered if someone could PM an email at the Club.

Attached is a photo of my sister, my grandad and me taken at Founder's Day at the Royal Chelsea Hospital 2011.

260123_860375069670_2165781_n.jpg

Quick question,

My grandad, Ted Lewis, passed away last week. He was 94 and a season ticket holder for over 40 years after moving to Southend in 1955. He used to go to lots of reserve games too and used to offer his 'advice' to whoever was in charge apparently! He sat at the back of the West for his final years (but due to old age stopped attending 10 years ago or so) and had been a Chelsea Pentioner for about 7 years (formally of Electric Avenue).

Hoped there could be some recognition and wondered if someone could PM an email at the Club.

Attached is a photo of my sister, my grandad and me taken at Founder's Day at the Royal Chelsea Hospital 2011.

View attachment 1927

Andy, out of interest did you grandad ever work for BT ?

Sorry to hear about your loss Andy, if you send a message in to Scriv at media@southend-united.co.uk then I'm pretty sure he'll make sure something is done. Alternatively, if you pm me the kind of thing you'd like to hear, then I'll take it through on your behalf.

Sorry too hear about this,i remember your grandad he sat couple seats away from me.Nice bloke i used too chat with him,he told me about when he used too go too some of the away games on the plane back in the day when the team flew up.

Andy, out of interest did you grandad ever work for BT ?

No he didn't as far as I know... Shell for a very long time, plus a bit in the evening at Southend Greyhound Stadium (doing the odds), then retired, then BP.

Sorry to hear about your loss Andy, if you send a message in to Scriv at media@southend-united.co.uk then I'm pretty sure he'll make sure something is done. Alternatively, if you pm me the kind of thing you'd like to hear, then I'll take it through on your behalf.

Thanks Kay, I'll drop him a line tonight.

Nice picture AJ - sorry for your loss.

Cheers buddy. The best thing (?) he gave me and my dad was a love for Southend United.

Or if you want it ****ing sorted email Brian wheeler

That'll be my second port of call if no joy, cheers.

Sorry too hear about this,i remember your grandad he sat couple seats away from me.Nice bloke i used too chat with him,he told me about when he used too go too some of the away games on the plane back in the day when the team flew up.

Thank Tia, very kind. He did indeed... even to the Italian games!

Back