• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium question

bumpkinblue

Schoolboy
As i am stuck in the wilds of the north - i am wondering if i am missing something in regard to the new stadium......i've noticed everyones joy at the design etc but how has anything changed since the last time we tried for a new stadium?
The local council were totally obstructive before with amongst other things...green belt,affect on shops in high street,noise pollution,possible archaeological sites,mourners at funerals being disturbed,possible nest of rare natterjack toad (or something like that!).
I just remember last time that it became laughable and everyone just gave up in disgust.what makes it different this time?
oops.gif

Well the fact that Ron applied for a Scoping Opinion beforehand, should reduce the probability of any of these points causing any issues with the main application itself.

In theory, anyway.

Fingers crossed.

smile.gif

like it's ever gonna be built anyway...

Thats the spirit!

There are differences this time, Rons approach is far more organised and he has more experience at property development.

The issue with being able to develop on the area is also different as since Jobson there has already been development over there, plus B&Q have since had planning permission agreed.

We have all heard this before but this sounds like its actually realistic this time round, Im optimistic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bumpkinblue @ Oct. 03 2006,12:11)]As i am stuck in the wilds of the north - i am wondering if i am missing something in regard to the new stadium......i've noticed everyones joy at the design etc but how has anything changed since the last time we tried for a new stadium?
The local council were totally obstructive before with amongst other things...green belt,affect on shops in high street,noise pollution,possible archaeological sites,mourners at funerals being disturbed,possible nest of rare natterjack toad (or something like that!).
I just remember last time that it became laughable and everyone just gave up in disgust.what makes it different this time?
oops.gif
Wasn't the real issue that us footie-fans simply would not be able to stop ourselves from relieving ourselves in any Nimbys' gardens?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 03 2006,12:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bumpkinblue @ Oct. 03 2006,12:11)]As i am stuck in the wilds of the north - i am wondering if i am missing something in regard to the new stadium......i've noticed everyones joy at the design etc but how has anything changed since the last time we tried for a new stadium?
oops.gif
Wasn't the real issue that us footie-fans simply would not be able to stop ourselves from relieving ourselves in any Nimbys' gardens?
I think the words were along the lines of...

Using residents gardens as urinals, and graves for defecating on...

What a bunch of w%&kers they are...

Bring on the KARERS, we will wipe the floor with em.

laugh.gif

we are still Millions in debt.. surely? yet we want a new stadium?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Oct. 03 2006,12:54)]we are still Millions in debt.. surely? yet we want a new stadium?
To bring additional revenue streams which help alleviate the financial difficulties faced by most if not all football clubs these days.

Do what you've always done and you get what you've always got (and other such well-worn cliches...).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 03 2006,12:58)]Sometimes you have to go backwards, to go forwards CSJ.

wink.gif
talking from experience?
glare.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Oct. 03 2006,12:54)]we are still Millions in debt.. surely? yet we want a new stadium?
The new stadium is the way out of debt, CS J. If we stay at Roots Hall we have no way of generating further income we just have to rely on a (strictly limited) income from seats at matches.

Moving to the new site allows Roots Hall to be sold (can't be sold until we have an alternative stadium, it's in the deeds I believe) generating a decent sum, especially with property prices as they are. Once on the new site there are potentially a number of income streams available to the club, eg Hotel, Conferences, Retail rental. It's quite simple, IMHO: Stay at Roots Hall and slowly die, or move to Fossetts and hopefully thrive.

There's a hint at a valid question here. This may well have been answered in one of the many other threads (which I haven't read entirely, I must confess) but how is this project being financed?

Since Ron has cut his ties with Delancey where is the capital coming from? Second, has the rent on Roots Hall owed to SEL been written off? Third, who will own the stadium and the resulting complex? Will it be SEL or will it be SUFC?

Apologies if this has already been dealt with

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Oct. 03 2006,13:39)]There's a hint at a valid question here. This may well have been answered in one of the many other threads (which I haven't read entirely, I must confess) but how is this project being financed?

Since Ron has cut his ties with Delancey where is the capital coming from? Second, has the rent on Roots Hall owed to SEL been written off? Third, who will own the stadium and the resulting complex? Will it be SEL or will it be SUFC?

The rent was written off as far as I know

SEL will probably own the stadium, or else it will be another shell company, like Roots Hall Limited which owned Roots Hall...

Financing the development - SEL will take this on. Part of the buy-out of Delancey which needed financing would have included stadium development in the deal. I imagine the banks have given Ron very good terms to get in on the ground floor so to speak, so everyones a winner!

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Oct. 03 2006,13:39)]There's a hint at a valid question here. This may well have been answered in one of the many other threads (which I haven't read entirely, I must confess) but how is this project being financed?

I've been wondering the same thing myself.

Also, where did Ron get the finance to buy out Delancey?
Did Martin Dawn just get lucky on the Southend University Campus site and pick up a large windfall when this was sold?

Perhaps a sale and leaseback deal will be negotiated, whereby a global investor (3i/Henderson) will buy the stadium on completion offering a rent free period for x number of years? This is a way a lot of commercial property deals are structured.

Downside of this type of deal is that the investor would want to be involved and consulted on all aspects of planning/construction/building spec and this can slow the whole process down. SUFC may say we want the stadium to be built with this brick and the investor may say we want this brick etc etc.

Any thoughts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 03 2006,14:02)]Also, where did Ron get the finance to buy out Delancey?
Delancey were desperate to sell when the deal was done, so probably not that much was needed...

It also it has to be remembered that Jobson got up the noses and ****ed of virtually all council planning members he came into contact with. And many others for that matter!

End of the day the council saw him for what he was, a crook and an arrogant POS that you couldn't do business with without being shafted in some way.

*Que writ for libel in the mornings post*
biggrin.gif

It also it has to be remembered that Jobson got up the noses and ****ed of virtually all council planning members he came into contact with. And many others for that matter!

End of the day the council saw him for what he was, a crook and an arrogant POS that you couldn't do business with without being shafted in some way.

*Que writ for libel in the mornings post*
biggrin.gif

Back