• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

I wouldn't mind betting that @fbm is bang on the money here. The Council have plenty of previous for requiring investors in the town to fund substantial infrastructure improvements - up to and beyond what the proposed developments might need - before they sign on the dotted line. I doubt that the issues are with the development per se, but just that the Council want a lot more bang for them from Ron's bucks before they will agree to pass the plans.

And yet SBC will happily throw money at the arterial road improvements which are joke to be honest the way they have filtered the lanes at junctions.
They have crappy art stuff put on pier hill.
They let the airshow fade away without support.
We lose the seafront illuminations.
Let all the riff raff roam the high street then pay a fortune for a security company patrol it when the same money would have paid for extra PROPER police officers with full arrest powers.
How long before the pier lifts finally worked?

I think we should arrange a meet up with the drum at civic centre and sing the **** out of them while they are working

And yet SBC will happily throw money at the arterial road improvements which are joke to be honest the way they have filtered the lanes at junctions.
They have crappy art stuff put on pier hill.
They let the airshow fade away without support.
We lose the seafront illuminations.
Let all the riff raff roam the high street then pay a fortune for a security company patrol it when the same money would have paid for extra PROPER police officers with full arrest powers.
How long before the pier lifts finally worked?

I think we should arrange a meet up with the drum at civic centre and sing the **** out of them while they are working

If we wait until they are working before we start singing, it will be a very quiet protest!

Sometimes the local council really grate on me.
They are willing to spend a few million on upgrading the Cliff Pavillion! WHY the flipping place charges enough for tickets there so why are the local people subsidising it!
I would sooner some of my council tax money is spent on projects like FF

They are willing to spend a few million on upgrading the Cliff Pavillion! WHY the flipping place charges enough for tickets there so why are the local people subsidising it!

Catch 22 really the place generates more paying people, which generates more money for restaurants and drinking establishments outside, plus gives local people work

UTS

You and most supporters are in a minority who live in the catchment area. Most Southend and the surrounding areas don't really give a stuff about the club, that much is evident, unless of course there's a big match at Wembley.

I tend to disagree that people living further apart don't give a stuff. However the facilities at Wembley and Roots Hall are miles apart and I truly believe that with the new facilities that Fossetts would offer would mean supporters would be more prepared to make the journey on a more regular basis.

I tend to disagree that people living further apart don't give a stuff. However the facilities at Wembley and Roots Hall are miles apart and I truly believe that with the new facilities that Fossetts would offer would mean supporters would be more prepared to make the journey on a more regular basis.

That depends on which league we are in

Maybe as a second club. I still maintain that if we went under most people in South Essex would shrug their shoulders. You have to be a hardened individual to support Southend above all others!

It's never really mattered to me what league we are in. I live in Peterborough about 20 minute walk from their stadium, I know poor old me hey! But I would much rather make the journey to Coventry away because of the facilities. I've got long legs and although I do go Peterborough away the away end is ugly with no room to sit comfortably. So I do tend to pick and choose the games that I attend.

It's never really mattered to me what league we are in. I live in Peterborough about 20 minute walk from their stadium, I know poor old me hey! But I would much rather make the journey to Coventry away because of the facilities. I've got long legs and although I do go Peterborough away the away end is ugly with no room to sit comfortably. So I do tend to pick and choose the games that I attend.

Today's consumers expect decent facilities at entertainment venues whether it be football stadiums, theatres, racetracks etc. Ticket prices are not cheap. Your example is one of many why people avoid certain venues.

Today's consumers expect decent facilities at entertainment venues whether it be football stadiums, theatres, racetracks etc. Ticket prices are not cheap. Your example is one of many why people avoid certain venues.

Like roots hall then. Not that our attendance is poor, but a new stadium would certainly be an attraction to people who go less often or don't yet go. It's not just the stadium though is it. The retail areas would create jobs, the residential much needed housing, both of which generating cash for the council with council tax and business rates

Like roots hall then. Not that our attendance is poor, but a new stadium would certainly be an attraction to people who go less often or don't yet go. It's not just the stadium though is it. The retail areas would create jobs, the residential much needed housing, both of which generating cash for the council with council tax and business rates

And, of course, the stadium itself would generate additional revenue from being able to host events and other functions.

Wonder if Ron will make a statement as to reasons for these delays.I know he tends to play his cards close to his chest but it would be nice to know

Cllr James Courtney tweeted yesterday that he met with RM to discuss the beating of Bradford and the new stadium, retail and housing application.
adding we can progress to planning decision in the near future

Cllr James Courtney tweeted yesterday that he met with RM to discuss the beating of Bradford and the new stadium, retail and housing application.
adding we can progress to planning decision in the near future

Well, on the face of it that’s a scarily positive and unexpected development

Back