• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

The council are fudging it, maybe change the name from Fossetts to Seaway and see if they get a move on.

Big chunk in the Echo today with Ron offering up detail of what will happen at RH after we depart. Seems there will be an exhibition of the RH plans on Saturday. No doubt the Echo will post the full story soon.

Yeah 500 flats at Roots Hall is the new plan from Ron now. Every new plan the number of properties seem to double.

Heard a whisper today that the plans for both developments go to Council in October.....

Big chunk in the Echo today with Ron offering up detail of what will happen at RH after we depart. Seems there will be an exhibition of the RH plans on Saturday. No doubt the Echo will post the full story soon.
I remember when I first left school I got a job working for SBC based at the Civic Centre.

They put a model of our new proposed stadium up in the reception area....

That was in 1985 iirc !!

How far we’ve come eh!

I remember when I first left school I got a job working for SBC based at the Civic Centre.

They put a model of our new proposed stadium up in the reception area....

That was in 1985 iirc !!

How far we’ve come eh!
When I first left school England had not long won the World Cup and Basildon was still a new town. I feel old. And when you left school in 1985 I'd been married 10 years, After yesterday I'm even more depressed now @Floval Flyer.

When I first left school England had not long won the World Cup and Basildon was still a new town. I feel old. And when you left school in 1985 I'd been married 10 years, After yesterday I'm even more depressed now @Floval Flyer.
Haha, none of us are getting any younger mate!

Heard a fact the other day which was also very scary; That Dexy’s track Come on Eileen was released nearer the end of WW2 than today...

Feeling old now :Smile:

I assume the residents of Prittlewell will welcome the new homes with open arms as there will be no longer be hordes of football fans defacating in their gardens every fortnight.

No surprise. The council doesn't give a rats arse about the club and it's future. They'll make sure seaway happens though!

Yellow Advertiser story today,Southend Council have delayed a decision on the stadium.

First thing to say is that the article is pretty clear Ron agreed to this extension. He wouldn’t have had much choice I suppose, as ultimately he seems to be going out of his way to make sure the Council can have no complaint whatsoever whenever this is finally decided upon.

However, this (and the secrecy surrounding it) look **** poor on the part of the Council. What the **** are they still deliberating about? This might be bigger than many other applications they have to consider but it’s not the bloody Channel Tunnel, a Nuclear Power Station or anything like that. It’s a decent sized application covering many standard elements that councils up and down the country see all the time.

They look incompetent, reek of conflicts of interest and basically come across as a right shower. What can be done to get that message home to them?

Back