• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

I'm still confused by all of this. Why was Ron saying that last Tuesday was pivotal to the club's future?
Was that just to do with the Roots Hall site?
He made it sound like it was all to do with FF and that we were awaiting news on planning permission.
Building a large % of affordable housing (at Roots Hall)needs a partner to manage that housing stock if it is going to be rental; what Ron has got is an agreement that the SBC will be that agent and the affordable housing will be, in effect. Council Housing.
That is my reading of it, and also that is a very good thing to happen for FF, SUFC, and major rejuvenation of housing projects in the area.

Building a large % of affordable housing (at Roots Hall)needs a partner to manage that housing stock if it is going to be rental; what Ron has got is an agreement that the SBC will be that agent and the affordable housing will be, in effect. Council Housing.
That is my reading of it, and also that is a very good thing to happen for FF, SUFC, and major rejuvenation of housing projects in the area.

That's exactly it I think. Just one thing is that (I think?) the Council has at this stage agreed to spend time and money fully investigating and negotiating the arrangement - i.e. the meeting didn't reject it out of hand, which is a big boost. Also a clever move by Ron - it will be hard for the Council to turn down the whole thing by rejecting the stadium if it means losing this fairly central new affordable housing.

Sorry if this is obvious to those in the know but... IF plans were to be approved by the council any time soon, is Ron actually in a position (financially and otherwise) to get the new stadium build up and running?

Sorry if this is obvious to those in the know but... IF plans were to be approved by the council any time soon, is Ron actually in a position (financially and otherwise) to get the new stadium build up and running?

Who can say - certainly not me (or Ron ?)

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything. Fingers crossed.

That is the $64 million question!

Short answer.... Yes.

He has ditched BL as they wanted to much from the project and now has different source.....No idea who but he says he is ready to go.

Club and council agree to another SIX MONTHS of talks over the Fossett’s Farm project, according to BBC Essex ?

Southend Borough Council have now written to Ron's consultants for the Fossetts Farm Development asking for another extension from the 30th September 2019, until the 30th. March 2020, and they have agreed.

The ball kicked down the road yet again. :Angry:

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Link To Original Document

You won't see a true start on site until the S.106 is completed and RM makes his first upfront contribution to SBC. I think each phase had a contribution payable prior to commencement on site.

Oh, how prophetic...except it wasn't, it was just based on Ron's track record.
I'm of the opinion that the Council are not blameless in this delay. For whatever reason they are progressing the Seaway development which is probably even more severely flawed than some of Ron's plans. They have even now admitted that they made a mistake selling off the Seaway car park. It really smacks of something very politically murky.

I'm of the opinion that the Council are not blameless in this delay. For whatever reason they are progressing the Seaway development which is probably even more severely flawed than some of Ron's plans. They have even now admitted that they made a mistake selling off the Seaway car park. It really smacks of something very politically murky.

Ron is in a difficult position. He wants the council to approve the plans as soon as they can so he can get on with it, and therefore doesn't want to annoy them by not agreeing to the extension. Ron also has the right to insist on the council not delaying any further. He can also claim compensation for the delay. But all that will do is annoy the council and more than likely lead to them rejecting the plans.

However, my "prophecy" wasn't around any of that. It was around his (yet again) overly optimistic prediction.

It smells of Brown envelopes

Ron is in a difficult position. He wants the council to approve the plans as soon as they can so he can get on with it, and therefore doesn't want to annoy them by not agreeing to the extension. Ron also has the right to insist on the council not delaying any further. He can also claim compensation for the delay. But all that will do is annoy the council and more than likely lead to them rejecting the plans.

However, my "prophecy" wasn't around any of that. It was around his (yet again) overly optimistic prediction.
Yeah, you're right, I just fancied a moan about the Council which I now have done.

Ron on talk sport today said Announcement on New Stadium first week of November.
New ground by August 2021 and fully built a year later...

Back