• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

I don't know the ins and outs of how planning applications work but it does seem we have a very unhelpful council. when the likes of Brentford & Wimbledon can get permission through and start building in the fraction of the time we've been trying, and in very built-up areas of London too, it does make you wonder.

I don't know the ins and outs of how planning applications work but it does seem we have a very unhelpful council. when the likes of Brentford & Wimbledon can get permission through and start building in the fraction of the time we've been trying, and in very built-up areas of London too, it does make you wonder.

Councils have 8 weeks to make a decision!

The Fossetts Farm plans will NOT go before the next Development Control Committee meeting on:-

Wednesday, 4th March 2020, 2.00 pm

(The last one before the current extension expires on the 31st March 2020).

Next One

Wednesday, 1st April, 2020 2.00 pm

Now this is April Fools Day, I will be expecting loads of stuff to be posted about this on here on that day.

It is also the day after the last of four extensions (current one expires on the 31st March 2020) so expect to see a further extension letter for yet another six months.

Original date of submission of planning application 2nd May 2017.
Original date of determination of application 7th September 2017.

1st Extension date to 31st December 2018.
2nd Extension date to 31st March 2019.
3rd Extension date to 30th September 2019.
4th Extension date to 31st March 2020.
5th Extension date to (TBA)

Here are three of the four previous letters.

1st Letter 1.jpg
1st Letter 2.jpg

2nd Letter 1.jpg
2nd Letter 2.jpg

3rd Letter 1.jpg
3rd Letter 2.jpg

No mention of the SBC instruction/carrot to go away and come back with more housing .Mutal agreement , yeah ! , SBC don't want to look at it yet because they have no cause to refuse Planning Permission (and anyway they need the housing for their targets) but in its current form, if it goes though first it will comprise their ability to get seaway through (two cinemas ?).
They want RH for housing, they want less leisure and retail on FF and more housing , and they are willing to throw SUFC under the bus to achieve this .

Well I never saw that coming, what a surprise.

No date given yet so guess another six months?

we are not going to find out much either.

explains why RM hasn't said a great deal

So, according to Ron he doesn't have to submit new plans, he only has to amend the existing ones, but:

1. That tweet calls them "pre-app discussions".
  2. They want so long to review them that the timescales make that a moot point, i.e. they might as well be new plans.

So, according to Ron he doesn't have to submit new plans, he only has to amend the existing ones, but:

2. They want so long to review them that the timescales make that a moot point, i.e. they might as well be new plans.

The current plans are not in the "formal" application process , the keep being turned back before they get there so technically they are still pre-app.

That Councillor has just denied that the Council have said anything to RM about delaying the application , its all down to club finances , "they cant pay the players y'know" .

then goes on to say he knows nothing about the planning committees discussions with Ron....

Yeah strange time to announce it. Let's get over the current more important crisis first.
So I read that as a 14,000 maximum capacity?

It means a complete redraw of the plans, a new application etc. - although I guess with the deal in place it gives the impetus to do this sooner rather than later.

Back