• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

simple I don't believe southend council really want the stadium to go forward , lets be honest would be easier for them if the club folded and ron sold them the land for houses. Sorry but never have believed SBC. Too many people in that council operating under their own agendas
I really despair and mistrust SBC, and have done for many years, I pigeon hole it with the same disdain as I hold for D.Amiss HOWEVER I don not believe they would overtly subvert our club and so many voters. I do suspect they will do the bare minimum (as they continually do) to or for SUFC.
And for sure they have their own agendas, masonic or otherwise, few of them are doing Councillor duties for the benefit of our community.
Why do they keep (including the MPs) getting voted back? we are (rate payers in SBC) the proverbial turkeys voting for Christmas.

So if the council will be getting the rent for the housing at both sites, what income will SUFC get to replace the income from the retail plans?

I really despair and mistrust SBC, and have done for many years, I pigeon hole it with the same disdain as I hold for D.Amiss HOWEVER I don not believe they would overtly subvert our club and so many voters. I do suspect they will do the bare minimum (as they continually do) to or for SUFC.
And for sure they have their own agendas, masonic or otherwise, few of them are doing Councillor duties for the benefit of our community.
Why do they keep (including the MPs) getting voted back? we are (rate payers in SBC) the proverbial turkeys voting for Christmas.

D. Amiss ? A fine cricketer, certainly nothing amiss with him.

Now D. Amess, so much wrong it's difficult to know where to start !

Air travel pollutes, driving your car pollutes, factories pollute etc etc. But picking just on airports is unfair! Like most other industries aviation is looking into ways of improving the air quality. More fuel efficient aircraft that produce less pollution. Even down to the ground power units rather than being the diesel destroyers they were are now electric. All vehicles on airports are either electric or hybrid. Southend back in its peak in the past with the aircraft it had the Cavair’s etc probably produced more pollution back then than it does now.

You may hope that the aviation industry crashes, but working in it and relying on it for the support of my family and my livelihood I hope it comes back stronger than ever.
Don’t remember saying hope air travel crashes, but hope it doesn’t keep expanding, No wish for you losing your lively hood. About time airlines stopped using cheap aviation fuel for bigger profits for multi billionaire Branson , O’Leary and their shareholders. Ricey like the majority of workers were way down on these greedy b******s list

Other direction walking out of Prittlewell station yes, but a good 20-25 mins to the site.

Really? I'd have said about 15 minutes.

Left out of Prittlewell Station, to the roundabout, then left again down Sutton Road to the junction with Eastern Avenue and you're practically there.

Don’t remember saying hope air travel crashes, but hope it doesn’t keep expanding, No wish for you losing your lively hood. About time airlines stopped using cheap aviation fuel for bigger profits for multi billionaire Branson , O’Leary and their shareholders. Ricey like the majority of workers were way down on these greedy b******s list

Erm, aviation fuel isn’t cheap and airlines don’t make a profit from using it.

Really? I'd have said about 15 minutes.

Left out of Prittlewell Station, to the roundabout, then left again down Sutton Road to the junction with Eastern Avenue and you're practically there.
Just wonder if the planned tree lined avenue will remain...valuable housing land .Makes you wonder if Ron has been able to start the re draw a while back or he's got to start again from scratch.As for the cost and design elements will the council now be liable for some of it

Erm, aviation fuel isn’t cheap and airlines don’t make a profit from using it.

We are getting of topic a bit but there is no tax on aviation fuel. If there was flights would be more expensive so less customers.

So if the council will be getting the rent for the housing at both sites, what income will SUFC get to replace the income from the retail plans?
The rental streams are shared between SBC and Ciitizen and in some cases SUFC I believe.
You could argue these income streams would be much more reliable than retail (you only have to follow the news whereas there is a housing shortage)
of course if then the hotel also is going ahead you can see the potential positives

jesus we come across as a pessimistic bunch in those quotes

You would have to say that our pessimism is firmly based on so many false promises.

The big difference this time is Ron isn't calling the shots and those involved are much better equipped to get over the line.

Even if/when this happens some on here will not be able to bring themselves to do that.

The man has nearly taken us to the brink of existence on several occasions. He has promised so much and delivered so little.

He has been reckless to the extreme. Whilst I will be thankful IF the stadium gets built, we should never forget the foul play Ron has inflicted on the club. Not paying the tax man and taking us close to being wound up.

Not paying the players on several occasions and withholding/lying to the paying customer.

Back