• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Nothing new but nice to see recognition outside of local publications.

I'm confused now (it doesn't take much!).

How does the winding up order affect the stadium? If we're wound up, there's no requirement for a stadium. Or am I missing something (marbles, possibly)?

I'm confused now (it doesn't take much!).

How does the winding up order affect the stadium? If we're wound up, there's no requirement for a stadium. Or am I missing something (marbles, possibly)?

To the extent that the club getting a new stadium has been an enabling factor for both RH & FF developments no club= no planning. If the club didn't exist in reality would both these developments still happen? Probably. But letting the club go under for the sake of a couple of million when it is the enabling part of a £300m+ project is very very very unlikely. The fall out politically and to the project would be significant slowing things down immensely if not permanently. In any event none of the parties want this to happen including Ron.

So actually the green light to the project virtually ensure the winding up petition will be cleared.

Quick question. Now that the development has shifted to housing does that mean the idea of having the soccer domes has been dropped? It would be a shame as this is needed for us to get category 2 accreditation isn’t it?

Last edited:
As I understand it, the only thing that will be changing, are the cinema and all the retail units will now be replaced by additional residential blocks of flats/apartments. So the stadium, training complex and pitches, domes, and the already planned residential units remain.

As I understand it, the only thing that will be changing, are the cinema and all the retail units will now be replaced by additional residential blocks of flats/apartments. So the stadium, training complex and pitches, domes, and the already planned residential units remain.
And the hotel remains..

IIRC part of the Fossetts site includes a football pitch owned by Cecil Jones school. Although they never used it it was agreed they would have first dibs on the community dome. So I doubt the dome idea has been ditched. This is all good publicity for the club and I think the idea is to offer it to local clubs.

Yes, Cecil Jones playing fields are shown in green on the map below, this map shows who currently (back in 2017 when this map and the plans were submitted) owns and has title to the parcels of land at Fossetts Farm.
Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 12.16.42.png

One of the two Domes would be for Cecil Jones School to use as they wish, the other will be part of the Southend United Academy.

Does this change anything, to my mind it would speed things up significantly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53625960

It should do and its certainly a plus in any argument......But I seen plenty of these headline grabbing "Lets slash red tape" type announcements over the years, by all parties before anyone starts......The houses currently being built in Hullbridge have been 30 years in the process. Lets hope FF is a bit quicker.

Although what does 'request for scoping opinion' mean?
Scoping opinion means they are seeking advice on what types of environmental factors they will need to consider with the development. This then moves onto an EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment). If this checks out, then as long as there are no outstanding queries, it should be approved.

Scoping opinion means they are seeking advice on what types of environmental factors they will need to consider with the development. This then moves onto an EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment). If this checks out, then as long as there are no outstanding queries, it should be approved.

Approved as in, we can get the picture of Ron Martin donning a hard hat with a shovel in hand on FF we’ve all been dreaming of?

Back