• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Easyjet has made an absolutely atrocious decision and the vast majority of their routes from SEN were very profitable. Only a matter of time before they get picked up by somebody else. Aside from that, the hotel was just as much if not more about providing the town with its best-quality conference facilities.

I'm told that whilst some routes were very profitable, notably Amsterdam and Malaga, others were more marginal and not as profitable as the same routes flown by easyJet from Luton and Gatwick. It's a business decision but a craven one. What is surprising is their decision to not continue flying their few highly profitable routes into SEN from other bases when they initially said that they would. Maybe Ryanair will pick up some of the routes?

Whatever happens it is certain that there will be less demand for hotel accommodation for the next few years with inevitable consequences for Fossett's Farm........

is this to be discussed at the developments meeting on the 9th? if so the timeline is encouraging for the HMRC case on the 16th

is this to be discussed at the developments meeting on the 9th? if so the timeline is encouraging for the HMRC case on the 16th

The agenda for DCC meetings are always released at 9am the week before. (2nd Sept)

Even if the plans are up for discussion on the 9th which I doubt very much, I don’t believe they are sufficiently advanced to have any bearing on the HMRC decision. Cue season ticket revenue and the club’s supporters survey and the imminent sale of season cards. This influx of cash will, I hope, keep the wolves from the door.

What month? If you mean September, I doubt it given that the new plans haven't been submitted.

The scoping opinion is not on the agenda for this afternoon's Development Control Committee, although there is an intriguingly cryptic item 7 on the agenda "Supplementary Report - To follow" so it could be that.

Of course, it is equally plausible that something like a scoping opinion is deemed a technical matter that doesn't require the approval of members at all. If that's the case, the statutory timescale means it should have been determined by yesterday (which it hasn't)!

It’s awfully quiet in last 48 hours, as yesterday was the day we get an cash boost from our new stadium & residential house/flats deals on 9th of September. Which in turn, would boost our chance of coming out of embargo’s.

It’s awfully quiet in last 48 hours, as yesterday was the day we get an cash boost from our new stadium & residential house/flats deals on 9th of September. Which in turn, would boost our chance of coming out of embargo’s.

Can anyone translate the above please?

I think there is a misconception about 9th September. This was the date of the Council's Development Control Committee and there was an assumption that our new plans would be approved then. They weren't - mainly because the revised planning application is yet to be submitted!

What has been submitted is a request for a scoping opinion regarding the Environmental Impact Assessment. This is a step in the right direction but not final approval. Unfortunately because some people put two and two together and made five, the rumour went round that 9th September was a key date. In reality, it never was!

I think there is a misconception about 9th September. This was the date of the Council's Development Control Committee and there was an assumption that our new plans would be approved then. They weren't - mainly because the revised planning application is yet to be submitted!

What has been submitted is a request for a scoping opinion regarding the Environmental Impact Assessment. This is a step in the right direction but not final approval. Unfortunately because some people put two and two together and made five, the rumour went round that 9th September was a key date. In reality, it never was!
Cheer mate ?? I guess I thought 2 + 2 = 5 in my mind given the rumours on here and Southend United (Chris Phillip Facebook page)

Back