• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Depends on how conscientious they are!

I do very much take your point and agree. However before I retired I worked local authorities including Southend and met many Councillors through the job. Most are committed to the town and want to do the right thing. They will want to know as much as they can about the proposal before agreeing. They will rely on Officers and all the reports but the decision is theirs. They will not want to do anything that in hindsight is wrong. This is the biggest planning application since Victoria Avenue and the Vic Circus redevelopment. I'm not sure there was any Councillor at the time who did not regret their decisions. Archibald Glen the Town Clerk at the time said how much he thought it was a mistake. Now I think FF is great and an absolutely massive thing for the town but others may disagree. They will only want to put their name to this if they fully agree. If I was on the committee I'd start reading the reports now.

Last edited:
Go down Sutton road and turn left at the roundabout after the cemetery (if you turn right you will get to the new ground). There is an industrial estate, i forget what it is called. That bit of the road is Chandlers Way. Follow that to the end and turn left into Sumpters way and it stops at the entrance to Southend rugby club. However if you continued the road round or over the pitches it would link to Warner's Bridge,and onwards to the A127 via Eastwoodbury Lane or Rochford if you turn right. It is not impossible but is very near the boundary with Rochford Council area and of course you have the rugby club. Ron Woodley has expressed a desire to have a road linking this to Warner's bridge. Critics of course will say that Warner's Bridge will then snarl up but i don't see how you can channel all the new traffic back to the roundabout at Jones Memorial ground or right to Sutton Road. Basically whilst I can still walk I will not be taking the car anywhere near the ground and walk to it and this is what most people do now in any case.
Thank u ?

I do very much take your point and agree. However before I retired I worked local authorities including Southend and met many Councillors through the job. Most are committed to the town and want to do the right thing. They will want to know as much as they can about the proposal before agreeing. They will rely on Officers and all the reports but the decision is theirs. They will not want to do anything that in hindsight is wrong. This is the biggest planning application since Victoria Avenue and the Vic Circus redevelopment. I'm not sure there was any Councillor at the time who did not regret their decisions. Archibald Glen the Town Clerk at the time said how much he thought it was a mistake. Now I think FF is great and an absolutely massive thing for the town but others may disagree. They will only want to put their name to this if they fully agree. If I was on the committee I'd start reading the reports now.

I agree with you, I was just being a bit facetious.

I'm going to park where I do now. Nice stroll through Priory Park past Victory sports ground. Job done. If we are physically able this is what we should do.

Absolutely. Prittlewell station is a 20-minute walk, so I'll be doing that if I can. Not so good for those on c2c though (Southend East may well be closest?)

Parking is going to be an absolute nightmare as there are no residential roads around the area and the industrial estate has double yellow lines with the shops on the other side having limiting parking.
It’s not going to be good at all
Looks like there is provision for something like a 1,000 cars for match day parking (I imagine the exact number will be in one of the documents), area 10 below1607719212909.png

Looks like there is provision for something like a 1,000 cars for match day parking (I imagine the exact number will be in one of the documents), area 10 belowView attachment 13613
Unfortunately I doubt very much whether most of us will be using that care park.
Hopefully, once the stadium and houses are built they will have more local access and public transport

Unfortunately I doubt very much whether most of us will be using that care park.
Hopefully, once the stadium and houses are built they will have more local access and public transport

Not to mention people in the residential development renting out their driveways.

Why's that? If no on street parking in the area where are you going to park?

Why's that? If no on street parking in the area where are you going to park?
Cannot see that many of us getting parking permits at the ground and the surrounding areas ie the industrial area is mostly double lined and if the residential area is anything like other clubs in a residential area it will be a no parking zone on match days or residential parking permits only.

Cannot see that many of us getting parking permits at the ground and the surrounding areas ie the industrial area is mostly double lined and if the residential area is anything like other clubs in a residential area it will be a no parking zone on match days or residential parking permits only.

The way I read it is that area 10 is all for match day supporters parking - 'stadium parking' I think is zone 11 which I presume is for staff. If we ever get 20,000 supporters area 10 is unlikely to be big enough - but for gates of 6,000 to 10,000k I think it might be enough

The way I read it is that area 10 is all for match day supporters parking - 'stadium parking' I think is zone 11 which I presume is for staff. If we ever get 20,000 supporters area 10 is unlikely to be big enough - but for gates of 6,000 to 10,000k I think it might be enough
Let’s hope so and fingers crossed x

As I understand after the latest council meeting the development of FF and RH is going to the planning committee sometime in 2021.Anyone got any idea when this will be and most importantly when should we know the outcome.
Hopefully RM will give us fans an update fairly soon

As I understand after the latest council meeting the development of FF and RH is going to the planning committee sometime in 2021.Anyone got any idea when this will be and most importantly when should we know the outcome.
U sure !????

I'm pretty sure that it has been said the planning application is in and it is hoped to be finally voted on at the Jan or February meetings. This allows work to start In April or May.

Could be wrong. I hope that's the case though.

Absolutely. Prittlewell station is a 20-minute walk, so I'll be doing that if I can. Not so good for those on c2c though (Southend East may well be closest?)

If they were to put a proper footpath in through Warners Bridge. I'd imagine there wouldn't be too much difference in walking distance from Southend Airport station either. C2C however that's quite a trek from Southend East.

If they were to put a proper footpath in through Warners Bridge. I'd imagine there wouldn't be too much difference in walking distance from Southend Airport station either. C2C however that's quite a trek from Southend East.

If you use the Crematorium as the marker, Southend Central is a bit closer on foot - about 1.9 miles - still a long walk..

I'm pretty sure that it has been said the planning application is in and it is hoped to be finally voted on at the Jan or February meetings. This allows work to start In April or May.

Could be wrong. I hope that's the case though.

Apparently spring was always the plan, so the fact that the plans may not be approved until the new year shouldn't really be an issue. As far as I can tell, the only hurdles left are the council approving the plans and whether or not the government calls in the plans. (Given that they did last time, and then approved, you'd have to think that is unlikely.)

Apparently spring was always the plan, so the fact that the plans may not be approved until the new year shouldn't really be an issue. As far as I can tell, the only hurdles left are the council approving the plans and whether or not the government calls in the plans. (Given that they did last time, and then approved, you'd have to think that is unlikely.)

Fingers crossed

Back