• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Apparently spring was always the plan, so the fact that the plans may not be approved until the new year shouldn't really be an issue. As far as I can tell, the only hurdles left are the council approving the plans and whether or not the government calls in the plans. (Given that they did last time, and then approved, you'd have to think that is unlikely.)

Fingers crossed

I spoke to my dad this week who has some knowledge in this area. Apparently the fact that the plans have already been called in once doesn't make any difference as the decision is at the discretion of the minister. Last time it was Prescott (shows how long ago it was), i.e. labour, but now it is a conservative. Whilst that shouldn't make a difference (because the decision on whether or not to call in plans shouldn't be a political one), it might do because the local conservative councilors (who seem to be against the plans) might try to put him under pressure even though it helps meet conservative government housing targets.

If the plans are called in that will add around 6 months to the process.

Who knows...

I spoke to my dad this week who has some knowledge in this area. Apparently the fact that the plans have already been called in once doesn't make any difference as the decision is at the discretion of the minister. Last time it was Prescott (shows how long ago it was), i.e. labour, but now it is a conservative. Whilst that shouldn't make a difference (because the decision on whether or not to call in plans shouldn't be a political one), it might do because the local conservative councilors (who seem to be against the plans) might try to put him under pressure even though it helps meet conservative government housing targets.

Who knows...
Time for Amiss and Duddridge to step up and pronounce that they want the plans and builds to happen.

Who knows...

Can never be sure but with Homes England involved and loaning RM money to fund the stadium construction, I can't see this being called in.

Can never be sure but with Homes England involved and loaning RM money to fund the stadium construction, I can't see this being called in.
It wasn't called in last time due to the financing was it? It was because it went against the 'local planning blueprint' - whatever that might be?

Given it's now a residential rather than commercial scheme you'd hope the govt would just let us get on with it. I think they have bigger things to worry about, and it's a tory govt with tory local MPs.

It wasn't called in last time due to the financing was it? It was because it went against the 'local planning blueprint' - whatever that might be?

Given it's now a residential rather than commercial scheme you'd hope the govt would just let us get on with it. I think they have bigger things to worry about, and it's a tory govt with tory local MPs.

Blimey. I read this and thought it was a current article until I clicked on the link!

Don‘t panic folks - the article dates back to the time years ago that the scheme was called in.

Don’t know if anyone’s noticed but there is a ‘Special Meeting’ of the Development Control Committee provisionally booked for 24th of Feb and one of the attendees is Charlotte Galbourg who has been closely involved with the Fossetts application.

That also happens to be my birthday, which means this is guaranteed to be the key meeting and to have a positive outcome... isn’t it?

Don’t know if anyone’s noticed but there is a ‘Special Meeting’ of the Development Control Committee provisionally booked for 24th of Feb and one of the attendees is Charlotte Galbourg who has been closely involved with the Fossetts application.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into the attendance of Charlotte Galforg as she is only one of the Planning Officers listed on the attendees list...
The meeting could just as easily be to consider the Queensway plans.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into the attendance of Charlotte Galforg as she is only one of the Planning Officers listed on the attendees list...

The Queensway application has been assigned a different case officer called Patrick Keyes. I’m still hopeful it’s Fossetts they are considering.

I very much doubt she’s working on much else than Fossetts at the moment. It’s a massive planning decision for the town.

The Queensway application has been assigned a different case officer called Patrick Keyes. I’m still hopeful it’s Fossetts they are considering.

Patrick Keyes is also on the invited officer list...

It is common practice to invite all the officers so it is in their diary, they then tend to attend when they have business on the agenda.

Queensway is slightly further advanced than Fossetts, I would suggest, and has a hybrid application pretty much ready to go before DCC. Pick your horse...

Back