• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

So this could actually be a goer this time around then? Be interesting to see developments before Xmas if any. 2020 season is very soon for a complete new build.

Did SBC really need to waste money on their so-called 'independent' (as if !) survey by Boyers just to reconfirm the problems facing the town-centre with lack of investment ? It's been going on for years, everyone knew that. Trying to then use the report as some of argument against Fossetts is ludicrous.

Southend High Street is hardly alone in its struggles and High Streets in general are not dying because of out-of-town developments. They are dying because of a myriad of factors including traffic issues, online shopping, expensive parking and a large number of retailers going to the wall. The High Street is very much a 20th century concept and it should not be standing in the way of the town's progress.

Last night Ron said the council were being very supportive. He attributed the time it's taking them to the council trying to ensure that there were no grounds for the application being referred to the Secretary of State. He said he would prefer a few months delay before the council decision rather than a far longer (and presumably more expensive) delay after the decision. Here's hoping that how it works out.

Surely, given the Secretary of State has already passed a similar application (albeit smaller) once, they wouldn't call it in again?

Mind you, nothing would surprise me as far as FF is concerned.

What time do the council release the details of next weeks meeting? Really hoping it is on there and they pull their finger out to approve it! It’s an absoluthe joke that they don’t support the club wanting to progress as it could really improve the towns name!

Apparently, according to Twitter, its mot in next weeks meeting

Is that down to SBC delaying it or Ron ? I fear it will all go pear shaped it Seaway gets its planning in first ?
Could RM be doing this so he can blame the council when he pulls out ? I don't think so, then is the council delaying because they prefer Seaway ?

I'd assume they want some extra time to review the (hopefully) final documents that were only uploaded recently.

I'd assume they want some extra time to review the (hopefully) final documents that were only uploaded recently.

No the council would have reviewed these before they uploaded them to the website. The application is now waiting an outcome of discussion in meeting as in @The Big Dady's post above.

Most likely Jan or Feb now

Apparently, according to Twitter, its mot in next weeks meeting

Is that down to SBC delaying it or Ron ? I fear it will all go pear shaped it Seaway gets its planning in first ?
Could RM be doing this so he can blame the council when he pulls out ? I don't think so, then is the council delaying because they prefer Seaway ?

Ron certainly won’t be pulling out. He says it’s more important to make sure every thing is in place and there is no reason it could be refused.

Whilst the date is important, apparently it’s not top of the list.

Does beg the question. Why for a project this big can’t they have a separate meeting when the time is right. Rather than say second on the list behind Mrs Smiths single story kitchen extension.

Back