• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

So seeing the revised illustrated plan of the site and the new timetable suggests this is a submission of the full plan, but the initial link posted suggested that it was just a request for a scoping opinion. Which is it?

So seeing the revised illustrated plan of the site and the new timetable suggests this is a submission of the full plan, but the initial link posted suggested that it was just a request for a scoping opinion. Which is it?
Scoping opinion is part of the process. It's to ensure things comply with a desired level of environmental protection. There will be an Environmental Impact Assessment and then it should come down to the decision on the plan itself. This suggests to me that the full plan has been submitted.

Let's hope the revised plans for the stadium have decent pre-match facilities for fans, as there will be little if anything at all around the stadium.

Where is the parking for all the flats, is it underground parking?

The revised plans describe the green areas as 'podium' not sure what that means but it sounds raised

In all honesty, these plans look great. Just hope they go through. I would imagine the funding to kickstart this would be released soon after. We'll have our very own Wembley Way by the looks of this
Indeed and we will need an extensive thread regarding the statues to be placed along the route

The nice thing is the timetable suggests that the main stand will be under construction before the rest of the stadium is finished so it won't be a gaping open side, more of some steel framework at the start
Luckily, we've got plenty of experience of having a large Meccano set lying around

Indeed and we will need an extensive thread regarding the statues to be placed along the route
It would be nice to turn that long path into a Legends Walk, where players, managers and previous staff have plaques on the path and some very special individuals even have their own statues.

I would happily put some money towards the cause if that sort of idea generated real interest.

Let's hope the revised plans for the stadium have decent pre-match facilities for fans, as there will be little if anything at all around the stadium.

Where is the parking for all the flats, is it underground parking?

The plans I looked at did have plenty of bars, including pop up tents etc.

With no commercial competition rom a retail park, the club have a chance to do something along the lines of Jim's bar at Fleetwood or Peterborough' main bar.

It would be nice to turn that long path into a Legends Walk, where players, managers and previous staff have plaques on the path and some very special individuals even have their own statues.

I would happily put some money towards the cause if that sort of idea generated real interest.

I’d like that too. I do worry about the thread on here choosing the legends and level of representation each would merit though :Smile:

It’s probably going to be called the Ramblas Ronald.

I’d like that too. I do worry about the thread on here choosing the legends and level of representation each would merit though :Smile:

It’s probably going to be called the Ramblas Ronald.
I do think that we might be able to hash it out, there are some that could be debated strongly between people.

We have some obvious club legends IMO, such as Adam Barrett, Kevin Maher, Tilly, Johnny White and I'm sure there are plenty others can recall from before my time.

We also have had some great club servants, such as Will Atkinson, Barry Corr, Michael Timlin, Franck Moussa, Simon Francis, Alan McCormack, to name only a few that come to mind.

Not to mention those who made the most important contributions, like Joe Pigott, Humphrys, Ian Benjamin among others.

There is a lot of history in the club and it would be good to see it celebrated.

I'd agree with Tilly. If you have to name one person who has acheived the most and also been the most loyal, he stands out head and shoulders above the rest. One of our best players in the best period in our history, who spent pretty much his whole career with us, and one of our most succesful managers. No one else comes close.

Back