• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

stadium

Surely we need more than the foundations in place to move in! I'm more concerned now!!!!

I would imagine that the quote is meant to read "Sainsbury's - the new tenants of Roots Hall - won't be allowed to begin trading until building works are complete at the new stadium - meaning The Blues could feasibly move in"

Thats in effect what is meant, good news on the stadium. Just need some goo news on the pitch. Lets get behind the lads at the next game Saturday.

"We are staying up, we are staying up"

Blues: Deal Over Fossetts Farm Move

A deal's been reached to make sure Southend United can't be homeless - as they negotiate a move to Fossetts Farm. Sainsbury's - the new tenants of Roots Hall - won't be allowed to begin trading until foundations are complete at the new stadium - meaning The Blues could feasibly move in. The major development plans - which include demolishing everything within the Roots Hall site and rebuilding - have been approved by the Borough Council's Development Control Committee.

I would imagine that the quote is meant to read "Sainsbury's - the new tenants of Roots Hall - won't be allowed to begin trading until building works are complete at the new stadium - meaning The Blues could feasibly move in"

Thats in effect what is meant, good news on the stadium. Just need some goo news on the pitch. Lets get behind the lads at the next game Saturday.

"We are staying up, we are staying up"

Thst's not what is says so I wouldn't read into it what you have - feasibly we only need a grass pitch to play.

Blues: Deal Over Fossetts Farm Move

A deal's been reached to make sure Southend United can't be homeless - as they negotiate a move to Fossetts Farm. Sainsbury's - the new tenants of Roots Hall - won't be allowed to begin trading until foundations are complete at the new stadium - meaning The Blues could feasibly move in. The major development plans - which include demolishing everything within the Roots Hall site and rebuilding - have been approved by the Borough Council's Development Control Committee.

This doesn't make sense.

It's not Sainsburys beginning trading that will make us homeless, rather them building on the pitch. There could easily be a 6 month delay between them building on the pitch and the new store being ready to start trading.

Similarly it will require more than foundations to be complete at Fossetts for it to be ready for us to move in. The key date here is when it's granted a safety certificate. This could be months after foundations being laid. Foundations were down ages ago on the Olympic Stadium and that looks months away from being ready.

How does this therefore prevent us being made homeless?

This doesn't make sense.

It's not Sainsburys beginning trading that will make us homeless, rather them building on the pitch. There could easily be a 6 month delay between them building on the pitch and the new store being ready to start trading.

Similarly it will require more than foundations to be complete at Fossetts for it to be ready for us to move in. The key date here is when it's granted a safety certificate. This could be months after foundations being laid. Foundations were down ages ago on the Olympic Stadium and that looks months away from being ready.

How does this therefore prevent us being made homeless?

It would have made sense if the reporter had actually read what the covenants were!!

Summary of covenants

New Stadium - The retail store is restricted from being constructed beyond:

• sales floor level unless and until the New Stadium bowl excavations and foundations have been completed
• watertight shell unless and until a Safety Certificate has been issued for the new stadium
• and not allow to trade until a safety cerficate has been issued for the new stadium

And looking roughly at the plan the actual store will be built on the car park area and the existing flats - so they will not be building 'on the pitch'.

image002.gif

Last edited:
The club can't play at the stadium in front of any crowd without a safety certificate...to obtain a safety certificate you DO NOT necessarily need a completed building...the stadium can be handed over in stages (partial posession/sectional completion), but this brings lots of potential contractual pitfalls for Clients, so generally isn't worthwhile unless a Client needs to be in the stadium ASAP.

Once foundations go in at FF, I would estimate that it would be another 9 months or so prior to seeing anything resembling a partially completed stadium construction, so unless we are planning to ground-share, I don't see how Sainsbury could trade on the RH site.

It would have made sense if the reporter had actually read what the covenants were!!

Summary of covenants

New Stadium - The retail store is restricted from being constructed beyond:

• sales floor level unless and until the New Stadium bowl excavations and foundations have been completed
• watertight shell unless and until a Safety Certificate has been issued for the new stadium
• and not allow to trade until a safety cerficate has been issued for the new stadium

And looking roughly at the plan the actual store will be built on the car park area and the existing flats - so they will not be building 'on the pitch'.

image002.gif

Cheers, that makes a bit more sense. Where did you get all that from?

Cheers, that makes a bit more sense. Where did you get all that from?

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you afterwards!!!!

Seriously, it was on the agenda for the last Development Control Committee meeting and there was a Report of Corporate Director Enterprise, Tourism and the Environment attachment on the agenda, which is where I found it. The minutes from that meeting haven't been posted yet - I have heard a couple of things that may have been said but was going to wait until I'd seen the minutes in full before commenting.

If you want a copy PM me your email and I'll send one over

That store infrastructure looks to me to take up more than just the car park, looks like the flats and properties fronting Vic Ave need to disappear pdq if they're going to start building on the car park soon.

I may have this completely wrong (as usual) but by us "moving in" could that mean the admin/backroom staff being able to work at that site through temporary buildings with us ground sharing to play actual matches?

There's no mention on us playing football there?

Back