• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tonie

Youth Team
If we ever get FF built, will it belong to ron or the club

Nice Uncle Ron has gone public (somewhere) saying that the club will get the income from the businesses inside the stadium, which would mean (I think) Food, Conference, and Hotel.

Coventry, by contrast, only got the ticket income, and then had to pay a small fortune in rent.

Yes but would Southend have to pay rent , i think not as Ron owns the club.And income from functions would go to who.Still its abundantly clear that Southend desperately need a new stadium.

If Jobson was here he would prob investigate having Upton Park in 2016 !!!

Ron Martin has no intention of trying to rip off Southend United, It is his dream , his desire and his passion that one day it will become a major force in English football. I salute you Ron and want to come on this journey with you.

Ron Martin has no intention of trying to rip off Southend United, It is his dream , his desire and his passion that one day it will become a major force in English football. I salute you Ron and want to come on this journey with you.

He may not want to "rip off" Southend, but he certainly wants to make as much money from it as possible or he would never have come.

His dream and passion was not the football but to make money from the development, that is what motivated him and still does. He may have bought into the club when he came and we had our success but he isnt a football man doing it for the love of the game, its all about the money.

If he was just doing it just for us then we would still own our own ground and he wouldnt have removed it from the club....

Back