• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadiums at Full Capacity from 19 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
In
Tom made reference to Covid precautions in the last meeting, sure it was about transitioning thru the stadium etc
Indeed he did- but no mention or question from attendees I heard regarding putting aside an area for those more comfortable with “enhanced protections” shall we say?

In

Indeed he did- but no mention or question from attendees I heard regarding putting aside an area for those more comfortable with “enhanced protections” shall we say?
He did yes and no there wasnt, which surprised me.

I do think while it is a good idea it maybe harder to do in practice. People have now bought season tickets so some maybe asked to move and may not want too.

Hopefully club can sort something if there is a need too

I agree, but that doesn't answer the question.
You're assuming others haven't looked at the facts. Let's assume they have and interpreted a need to still be concerned.
As an extreme, it's like telling an anorexic teenager to just stuff back that lovely hot dog, and don't be silly.
I venture supporters won't be so fearful when the stats are more promising.
There are posts on here which suggest there will be little sympathy for mask wearers at games: it borders on callousness.

People can wear them if they feel the need to. I won't mock anyone that has one on but my personal opinion is covid is here to stay, the same as flu is. Flu killed millions more in its first year than covid did and we just get on with life now

If people continue to wear masks now once they have been double vaccinated, when do they ever take it off? A year, 10 years? That's why I said people need to get past that fear, the fear that has been generated by scare mongering.

I am not against people choosing to be vaccinated. None of the information I have read has convinced me that I need to be vaccinated against this virus. However I strongly object to being barred from certain events unless I toe the line. At present, in UK, it is night clubs and big events (whatever that incorporates). However ask yourself what may be next. And all for a virus that has a very high survival rate.
So has amputation so that's not really a valid point.

People can wear them if they feel the need to. I won't mock anyone that has one on but my personal opinion is covid is here to stay, the same as flu is. Flu killed millions more in its first year than covid did and we just get on with life now

If people continue to wear masks now once they have been double vaccinated, when do they ever take it off? A year, 10 years? That's why I said people need to get past that fear, the fear that has been generated by scare mongering.
Maybe some people may feel more comfortable dropping their masks when the daily infection rates start to drop?

Maybe some people may feel more comfortable dropping their masks when the daily infection rates start to drop?
Possibly, my other half who is very sensible, intelligent and grounded person is very anxious about getting back to normal. Despite having had Covid in 2020 and being double jabbed, she doesn't want it to happen, as she is scared. Even though she admits she doesn't know what she is scared of, and its stupid.

This is purely a consequence of scaremongering by the government and the media, and announcing daily case numbers, discussing variants, and basically making people feel too scared to live life and manage risk.

Nobody ever mentions the 49,500 out of the 50,000 people that had a positive test every day, not needing hospitalisation do they? Its all about the spin.

Possibly 48,500 don't even feel unwell, or only have very mild symptoms. The obsession by the government of wasting money by testing every one to death is the main reason this thing is still going.

Possibly, my other half who is very sensible, intelligent and grounded person is very anxious about getting back to normal. Despite having had Covid in 2020 and being double jabbed, she doesn't want it to happen, as she is scared. Even though she admits she doesn't know what she is scared of, and its stupid.

This is purely a consequence of scaremongering by the government and the media, and announcing daily case numbers, discussing variants, and basically making people feel too scared to live life and manage risk.

Nobody ever mentions the 49,500 out of the 50,000 people that had a positive test every day, not needing hospitalisation do they?
Its all about the spin.

Possibly 48,500 don't even feel unwell, or only have very mild symptoms. The obsession by the government of wasting money by testing every one to death is the main reason this thing is still going.

If that's true the UK is in more trouble than I thought.

Nobody ever mentions the 49,500 out of the 50,000 people that had a positive test every day, not needing hospitalisation do they? Its all about the spin.

Your view on this is well known, you repeat it ad nauseum but just because you state it incessantly does not make it true.

You obviously have very little insight into why people think differently than you, which clearly limits the value you can bring to any debate.

Are you Donald Trump?

Your view on this is well known, you repeat it ad nauseum but just because you state it incessantly does not make it true.

You obviously have very little insight into why people think differently than you, which clearly limits the value you can bring to any debate.

Are you Donald Trump?
£5 in the post

This thread is now closed as the discussion relating directly to the reopening of Roots Hall seems to now have run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back