• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadiums at Full Capacity from 19 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Corona Virus thread was closed a while ago. This thread is now on the edge of following it.
With respect I hope you don't for the moment. Although the thread has swayed onto the other c word, I've found most of it pretty good reading.

This is where you show your understanding of how it's affected @sunnydays66.
He, like the rest of us, are concerned.
This get-on-with-it schtick won't do.
What will, is a time when infections, hospitalisations and deaths have dropped significantly and a blasé disregard of fans' worries is put to bed.
We’ve had 18 months depressing so I will get on with it I’m sorry affects mental health way more staying away

Slight spanner in the works tonight for anyone hesitant/unable to take a vaccine. Passports incoming this September.

Will say no more to avoid getting chastised for even mentioning this. Crowds might not have to worry about anyone unvaccinated even being able to attend soon enough.
Seemingly this place doesn’t like mention of the C word. Having been away for eons I’m not going to question that logic. Just to say here in HK if you want to go to a bar or restaurant an app with proof of double vaccination is mandatory. Any thoughts of big brother is watching (which is a MUCH bigger issue here given the political situation) goes out the window where beer is involved and presumably that mentality can spread to other events such as football.

Life must goes on, if anyone want to stay at home, let them. Leave the rest of us partying and watch football in that lovely weather.

Life must goes on, if anyone want to stay at home, let them. Leave the rest of us partying and watch football in that lovely weather.

Regardless of your stance on masks. The club need to address this now. Designated entrances and areas for the vulnerable, normal areas. And given some of the responses on this thread perhaps a special area where people can sneeze in each others faces with joyous glee...
Life still goes on!!!

By looking at all the facts, not what the govt have fed us. That goes for a lot of things the govt tells us, not just the C word
I agree, but that doesn't answer the question.
You're assuming others haven't looked at the facts. Let's assume they have and interpreted a need to still be concerned.
As an extreme, it's like telling an anorexic teenager to just stuff back that lovely hot dog, and don't be silly.
I venture supporters won't be so fearful when the stats are more promising.
There are posts on here which suggest there will be little sympathy for mask wearers at games: it borders on callousness.

Life still goes on!!!
I agree, but that doesn't answer the question.
You're assuming others haven't looked at the facts. Let's assume they have and interpreted a need to still be concerned.
As an extreme, it's like telling an anorexic teenager to just stuff back that lovely hot dog, and don't be silly.
I venture supporters won't be so fearful when the stats are more promising.
There are posts on here which suggest there will be little sympathy for mask wearers at games: it borders on callousness.
In my opinion it should now be down to personal choice. And it also works both ways. There also these sort of comments in regard to those who have said they won't be wearing masks.

Unfortunately in the end it comes down to peoples differing opinions on the subject and they will never agree. But I feel they should understand each others choice.

In my opinion it should now be down to personal choice. And it also works both ways. There also these sort of comments in regard to those who have said they won't be wearing masks.

Unfortunately in the end it comes down to peoples differing opinions on the subject and they will never agree. But I feel they should understand each others choice.
I agree.
But the non-mask wearers tend to taunt those who wish to continue with them or swerve games for the time being.
Go back through the thread: you'll see for yourself.
On top of which, personal choice will increase the threat of infection.
That's not really in the Southend spirit of friendship and co-operation.

Last edited:
I agree.
But the non-mask wearers tend to taunt those who wish to continue with them or swerve games for the time being.
Go back through the thread: you'll see for yourself.
On top of which, personal choice will increase the threat of infection.
That's not really in the Southend spirit of friendship and co-operation.
I've been double vaccinated as have many others. I thought that was supposed to reduce the threat of infection. A the end of the day some will want to wear masks and some won't. Have to admit I am a bit confused of the thought process of expecting those who don't want to wear masks at roots hall to wear them because they'll be surrounded by other southend supporters.

People understanding each others' choices nowadays? Can tell you now there's a fat chance of that happening. I've already had a previous rant about how people should just lay it to rest but doubt the majority of this country will do so.

I don't like to disclose personal things but this needs to be said. Being younger with thyroid issues and a severe allergy history (triggered by an overzealous immune system) I have opted to wait for a GP consultation and more long term safety data before queuing up to get any jab. This isn't some anti-vaxx conspiracy, this is for genuine medical reasons.

This means as it stands I will be barred from watching SUFC from September even if I could return a negative test. I test regularly at work and keep a tight track on my close contacts. Why all of a sudden can't I continue to do this and even do one extra on the day of games?

A sad s**t day yesterday for me. Spent my whole evening in bits and I probably won't be attending any games now because I fear it's only going to be taken away from me. Been a SUFC supporter since I could walk but never thought I'd be barred from the Hall for such personal circumstances. If Govt has their way then I will be.

Mods you can shut this message down, ban me if you want or close the thread but this is the reality of the current situation and people must understand that I will not be the only one impacted by this. This is simply not a fair way to get back to games and I do not see how the point I make here is contentious or divisive.

yeah exactly really don't think we need to be worrying about selling out
Yup.
Five light years ago, or was it six? I suggested the club open all four sides and use stewards to distance fans but obviously not family groups or mates arriving as a group.
Can't see attendances going much over 4,000, at least in the initial months, so it would be win-win for everybody.

100% correct it is personal choice, however if a business dictates you have to wear to go into a shop or say Southend say you need to wear a mask when transitioning thru the stadium then people should in my opinion. If there are no requests from businesses then it is as you say personal choice. Sainsbury and Tesco are asking people to continue to wear masks as an example

I've been double vaccinated as have many others. I thought that was supposed to reduce the threat of infection. A the end of the day some will want to wear masks and some won't. Have to admit I am a bit confused of the thought process of expecting those who don't want to wear masks at roots hall to wear them because they'll be surrounded by other southend supporters.
I don’t think the club will ask that I think it will be when transitioning thru the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back