• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadiums at Full Capacity from 19 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccine passports are the threat, to not just watching football, not the wearing of masks. This just may be a policy to get hesitant youngsters to get vaccinated, and if successful then forgotten. I won't have a passport so, at the moment, the decision about getting a season ticket is now very easy. No thanks.

Vaccine passports are the threat, to not just watching football, not the wearing of masks. This just may be a policy to get hesitant youngsters to get vaccinated, and if successful then forgotten. I won't have a passport so, at the moment, the decision about getting a season ticket is now very easy. No thanks.
My wife and I have one.Frankly I'd feel happier if everyone tonight at the open air jazz concert we're going to in Sete tonight was obliged to show it (as the will be by French law from tomorrow)-Won't stop me going hough or wearing a mask when necessary either.

Last edited:
My wife and I have one.Frankly I'd feel happier if everyone tonight at the open air jazz concert we're going to in Sete tonight was obliged to show it (as the will be by French law from tomorrrow)-Won't stop me goinghough or wearing a mask when necessary either.
I am not against people choosing to be vaccinated. None of the information I have read has convinced me that I need to be vaccinated against this virus. However I strongly object to being barred from certain events unless I toe the line. At present, in UK, it is night clubs and big events (whatever that incorporates). However ask yourself what may be next. And all for a virus that has a very high survival rate.

People understanding each others' choices nowadays? Can tell you now there's a fat chance of that happening. I've already had a previous rant about how people should just lay it to rest but doubt the majority of this country will do so.

I don't like to disclose personal things but this needs to be said. Being younger with thyroid issues and a severe allergy history (triggered by an overzealous immune system) I have opted to wait for a GP consultation and more long term safety data before queuing up to get any jab. This isn't some anti-vaxx conspiracy, this is for genuine medical reasons.

This means as it stands I will be barred from watching SUFC from September even if I could return a negative test. I test regularly at work and keep a tight track on my close contacts. Why all of a sudden can't I continue to do this and even do one extra on the day of games?

A sad s**t day yesterday for me. Spent my whole evening in bits and I probably won't be attending any games now because I fear it's only going to be taken away from me. Been a SUFC supporter since I could walk but never thought I'd be barred from the Hall for such personal circumstances. If Govt has their way then I will be.

Mods you can shut this message down, ban me if you want or close the thread but this is the reality of the current situation and people must understand that I will not be the only one impacted by this. This is simply not a fair way to get back to games and I do not see how the point I make here is contentious or divisive.
I really feel for you mate. I had the vax purely through coercion from family members, I am not anti vax, I have had all the others, and would have the Covid one when more long term data is available and I felt I was at serious risk of the disease. Currently the risk of the vaccine outweighed the benefits for me.
What the government are doing is utterly disgusting, and any sort of forced medical intervention is wrong. Nightclubs and large events now, after saying vaccine passports will never be required in this country. Soon it will be, cinema's, pub, restaurants, small events, then shops etc.

Same with mask wearing (which have zero scientific evidence of protecting spread, as the government knew when it took 6 months to mandate the wearing of them). It should be entirely personal choice if people want to stay at home, wear a mask or treat fellow humans as bio hazards and stay 2m away from them.

It opening the door to something very sinister across the globe.

I really feel for you mate. I had the vax purely through coercion from family members, I am not anti vax, I have had all the others, and would have the Covid one when more long term data is available and I felt I was at serious risk of the disease. Currently the risk of the vaccine outweighed the benefits for me.
What the government are doing is utterly disgusting, and any sort of forced medical intervention is wrong. Nightclubs and large events now, after saying vaccine passports will never be required in this country. Soon it will be, cinema's, pub, restaurants, small events, then shops etc.

Same with mask wearing (which have zero scientific evidence of protecting spread, as the government knew when it took 6 months to mandate the wearing of them). It should be entirely personal choice if people want to stay at home, wear a mask or treat fellow humans as bio hazards and stay 2m away from them.

It opening the door to something very sinister across the globe.
Couldn't agree more.

I am not against people choosing to be vaccinated. None of the information I have read has convinced me that I need to be vaccinated against this virus. However I strongly object to being barred from certain events unless I toe the line. At present, in UK, it is night clubs and big events (whatever that incorporates). However ask yourself what may be next. And all for a virus that has a very high survival rate.

According to what I read in The Guardian earlier,apparently the PM will be introducing covid "passports " for entry into nghtclubs etc from September ,once all young people have had the chance to be fully vaccinated.Sorry but I just happen to think this is inevtable including for football matches in the short term.(As someone who's obliged by Spanish law to carry my Spanish resident's permit on me at all times (the beach is a bit of a stretch :-) personlly I don't have a problem with this),

Last edited:
My wife and I have one.Frankly I'd feel happier if everyone tonight at the open air jazz concert we're going to in Sete tonight was obliged to show it (as the will be by French law from tomorrrow)-Won't stop me going hough or wearing a mask when necessary either.

Why? If it's open air the risk is tiny, and you can still catch and spread COVID if you're vaccinated - as Sajid Javid proved at the weekend - which makes vaccine passports essentially redundant.

We're heading down a slippery slope if we start banning people from attending venues if they're not up to date with their vaccinations... But as dcblue says, this is probably just a ploy to coerce more young people into getting the jab and won't actually happen or work.

Yes it does. But surely you wouldnt be opposed to a section of the ground for more vulnerable people who wish to be safe and wear a mask?

Seems so obvious to me.
Makes sense in the interim IMO. My main concern comes with the new requirements for entry post-September

1.Why? If it's open air the risk is tiny, and you can still catch and spread COVID if you're vaccinated - as Sajid Javid proved at the weekend - 2.which makes vaccine passports essentially redundant.

We're heading down a slippery slope if we start banning people from attending venues if they're not up to date with their vaccinations... But as dcblue says, 3.this is probably just a ploy to coerce more young people into getting the jab and won't actually happen or work.

1.Agreed.2.Disagree.Personally I'd feel happier if I thought that everyone in the audience (at least near me) was covid -free.Exactly the same as I'd feel at a football match (in current conditions).Which is precisely why I'd have no problem whatsoever wearing a mask until I reached my seat.

3.It worked fine in Israel where there was a hug spike in vaccinations among young peole after having the covid passport was made a condition of entry into gyms etc.

Last edited:
Ultimately the arguments will never be won (or lost) as often its about personal rights, freedom etc etc. Not the science. And views get very entrenched. And so this thread has a shelf life to preserve cordial relationships.

What is the case is:
Vaccine significantly reduces your chances of catching Covid
If you do nonetheless catch it vaccine results in much milder symptoms and likely keeps you out of ITU or worse
Vaccine reduces your chance or transmitting Covid to others
Masks are primarily about reducing transmission to others not about you yourself catching it- except if others aren't wearing masks well you are the "others"

Despite this there will be some who can't or don't want the vaccine and that should be a choice.

Will there be vaccine passports at the Hall? Doubt it.

Just because Boris says something doesn't suggest it will happen.
He may already know or believe that it wont.
He may believe now it will but given the current fettish for U-turms he might not believe it even tomorrow.
Or more likely its another bit of panic stations and he's hoping it will drive a tsunami of (mainly young) people getting vaccinated before being quietly dropped because vaccination levels are "higher than anticipated".

As far as my expectation of what will happen the statement has near zero value in knowing one way or the other.

1.Agreed.2.Disagree.Personally I'd feel happier if I thought that everyone in the audience (at least near me) was covid -free.Exactly the same as I'd feel at a football match (in current conditions).Which is precisely why I'd have no problem whatsoever wearing a mask until I reached y seat.

3.It worked fine in Israel where there was a hug spike in vaccinations among young peole after having the covid passport was made a condition of entry into gyms etc.
And in France a million people signed up for vaccines- then Macron overplayed the hand, extended the vaccine only access wider and got a load of people on the streets. But evidence is that the threat works to some level..

And in France a million people signed up for vaccines- then Macron overplayed the hand, extended the vaccine only access wider and got a load of people on the streets. But evidence is that the threat works to some level..

Sadly we won't we won't be staying in Séte long enough to find out, (as the concert I want to see is tonight, 24 hours before the new regulations kick in).

Of course not…. Everyone has there own opinions on it and that’s fine
Unless I have missed something however I don't think it has been brought up with the club? at least on the Zoom meetings? So unless someone knows otherwise not sure its on the rdar in the way the North Bank is.

1.Agreed.2.Disagree.Personally I'd feel happier if I thought that everyone in the audience (at least near me) was covid -free.Exactly the same as I'd feel at a football match (in current conditions).Which is precisely why I'd have no problem whatsoever wearing a mask until I reached my seat.

In regards to number 2 there’s no guarantee they will be Covid free if they are just being asked for proof of vaccine and not a negative test.

Unless I have missed something however I don't think it has been brought up with the club? at least on the Zoom meetings? So unless someone knows otherwise not sure its on the rdar in the way the North Bank is.
Tom made reference to Covid precautions in the last meeting, sure it was about transitioning thru the stadium etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back