• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Source - The Echo.

1| What is going on at Blues? Boss has 15 players available, Club still under Embargo, PLAYERS and staff paid late, Lowest home crowd for 8 years, Gary Lockett leaves ( Obviously).

2| Ryan Hall says Blues are forcing him out and that he won't be bacx .

And no word in the Echo about Steve Kavanag'h's appointment.

Oh dear. Players being paid late now as well. Here we go again.

Last edited:
Oh dear. Players unpaid now as well. Here we go again.

Maybe Ron's statement on monday ( a proportion of it at least maybe) was designed to appease fans as things may be careering downwards again. Hard to draw another conclusion as opposed to this as today's Echo now states PLAYERS are not being paid at the moment. As said on another thread maybe this was the reasoning Hall had in mind after his twitter outburst.

Maybe the situation is that specifically Hall and Mohsni aren't being paid, rather than "players" generally? I can't believe that our guys would have played as they did on Tuesday night if they weren't being paid, also, isn't there something with the players' union that protects their wage payments?

I could honestly easily believe that, for different reasons, the two mentioned players aren't being paid however I find the Hall saga more difficult to understand or justify. The guy gave us a fantastic couple of years and signed his contract extension, I still don't believe that people should be tarring him with the same brush as Mohsni.

Players paid late, not unpaid. And Kavanagh's story is at the end of the Hall article.

Maybe the situation is that specifically Hall and Mohsni aren't being paid, rather than "players" generally? I can't believe that our guys would have played as they did on Tuesday night if they weren't being paid, also, isn't there something with the players' union that protects their wage payments?

I could honestly easily believe that, for different reasons, the two mentioned players aren't being paid however I find the Hall saga more difficult to understand or justify. The guy gave us a fantastic couple of years and signed his contract extension, I still don't believe that people should be tarring him with the same brush as Mohsni.

My understanding is its 1st team players.

As its the first time they are affected I dont think they would crumble instantly, now if it was to drag on and on morale would obviously be affected.

It would explain why we conceded so late and Spicers tackle was so late :smile:

Says in the article players were due to be paid Friday and were paid Tuesday so they have been paid. Im afraid this happens to me most months its bloody annoying but do eventually get it.

PFA only support their members, so if a player isn't a member they won't be supported. And yes knowing previous form it's almost certain Hall and Mohsni not being paid, together with anyone else they want out the door....

Yes white sock how rude of the Echo to tell us what's going on at the club when the club itself do such a fine job at it. Tut tut.

PFA only support their members, so if a player isn't a member they won't be supported. And yes knowing previous form it's almost certain Hall and Mohsni not being paid, together with anyone else they want out the door....

Well Mohsni has said he isnt getting paid.

However the whole point of getting Hall out is to get money for him, not paying him would mean he could walk for nothing after a few months.

Local Rag Hypes Drama at Town Football Club in Sales Drive Shocker

Why do you not want to know the trouble the club is in?

We have been talking about the clubs financial issues for 2 months, we are unable to field a team at the moment as we only have one midfielder due to the embargos we have been under. If this continues it could damage performances on the pitch and ruin the season.

I think that warrants reporting.

Well we should be getting the exciting news from Ron either today or tomorrow, I can't wait.

Yes white sock how rude of the Echo to tell us what's going on at the club when the club itself do such a fine job at it. Tut tut.

AGAIN....

Chris is your friend your opinions are way way bias!

However Chris is right BUT don't pretend people you did not know this was going on!

If Hall is generally being forced out then what an utter joke that is.

Does anyone know what we are actually under embargo for? Players have been paid (late admittedly), the accounts have finally been filed so what other reasons are there for the embargo? I'm not disputing we are under the influence of a certain juice drink , just curious as to what the actual reason is?

On the plus side the stadium is to be ready by 2025 and you can win your height in pizza in the half time challenge! So much doom and gloom on here!

Back