• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Staggering news !

Zeuss

Manager
Please forgive me if this already appears somewhere on Shrimperzone or if there’s a very late change of heart but a reliable source who’s spoken with him,tells me that Phil Cox has told him that(after approx 1,600 (?)consecutive home and away games) he has decided he’s NOT going to Lincoln tomorrow!

Please forgive me if this already appears somewhere on Shrimperzone or if there’s a very late change of heart but a reliable source who’s spoken with him,tells me that Phil Cox has told him that(after approx 1,600 (?)consecutive home and away games) he has decided he’s NOT going to Lincoln tomorrow!

Firstly, who is Phil Cox, and secondly who gives an amoeba’s excretion hole?

Really nice bloke Phil.I think its late 1989 since he has missed a game home or away.Likes a bit of non league too.

Wow, what has brought this about? It seems quite a tame end to his absurd streak of consecutive matches.

Was reading other day about Wolves fan who had a delayed trip to their Europa league game in Armenia and he just made the last 18 minutes or so.He hasn't missed a game since 1976

Firstly, who is Phil Cox, and secondly who gives an amoeba’s excretion hole?

Ouch. That's a bit like saying who is oldblueladies husband? People who have no f'in idea or don't care have details of their plans too on a regular basis like it actually matters.

You should be. His level of support is unlikely to be surpassed again.

I know who the guy is and fair play to him for all them games but not sure his support is more important than some others when your a bit odd and have a lot of time to put football before family so to speak.

*Just to note I'm one of them losers who has plenty of things which in reality are way more important but put southend games first.

I've known (and work with) Phil for over 30 years. The last game he missed was a hastily re-arranged game at Grimsby on Wednesday night in December 1989. He has been to every single game Southend have played since.

He has his reasons for wanting to snap this streak, and they're not really for me to put on here. He has a couple of non-league games lined up for tomorrow - both of which I'd never heard of. He seems very sure that he is making the right decision.

It'll be odd him not sitting in his usual seat on the BoT bus,

Falling out of love with the club he's supported all his life? We're hardly in a pickle, been much darker times than now.

Don't know him personally, but do recall him on 'The Brother Grimm' coaches back in the 70's.
Also recall a football quiz night in the 'Shrimpers' around 76, when he got quite upset that our team answered a question right, when he thought he had given the right answer!

Don't know him personally, but do recall him on 'The Brother Grimm' coaches back in the 70's.
Also recall a football quiz night in the 'Shrimpers' around 76, when he got quite upset that our team answered a question right, when he thought he had given the right answer!
Not sure Phil Cox was going to away games in the 1970's. You must be thinking of another Phil?

Back