• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore -Last 2 Weeks Work

Stan. No reason to question anything you said. And I will not screen shot anything and pass it on to any media. I can’t say but I hope no one else will. But our commitment and respect won’t stop anything you say leaking. The Ecko and other media are very well aware of your engagement with fans on this forum and are hanging and eager to quote - even misquote - your every word.
Absolutely this. Considering we have loads of fans of other clubs on here ie Borient and Col U then this info could easily be passed on and have the finger pointed at us fans when that could easily not be the case.

Ps Stan when are you reaching out to Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid etc lol? Also does Pele know any decent Brazilian playmakers he can sort us out with? Pretty sure you can call him within 30 mins and that would be simply lovelllllyyyyyy

One thing for you to take back to TL, why don't the club do a kid for a quid and a fiver for adults on a few games. I can remember we done that against Morecambe and we had nearly 10k in the ground. They're the sort of things the club needs to be doing right now to keep the supporters on side because they will fade away if they think they're being taken for granted.

I understand season ticket holder will have a say about this, why not compensate them with free FA trophy tickets............ If you want to keep the fans on side, you do need to do more.
Good idea bringing that back for a few games.

Good evening all.

Below is a list of clubs that I have either met with, zoom called, phone called or messaged.

As I mentioned, 80 of the 100 pro clubs in the country I have a professional relationship with so many informal communications are ongoing. But with my Southend United email I went one further and officially communicated with the same people to see that the club is open to two way relationships, that we do things formally as well as informally and that we do our business on the correct manner.

The list of clubs below fall into the following categories.

1. Premier League ( can only loan in windows)
2. EFL ( can loan all year round)
3. Confirmed players who are available for loan.
4. Confirmed players available for loan and maybe available permanent beyond a loan.
5. Invitations to BCD games to watch potential loanees.
6. Establishing good working relationships with clubs who can use Southend United regularly to loan their better players, even if they are ready to play higher.
7. A first communication to set out our club vision and ambition.

Every club below is somewhere on that scale and I'm afraid Bob from Rayleigh isn't getting which club and where they are on that list save to say these clubs now have an open door to us, in many cases we them, and our professionalism, conduct, long standing trust and relationships built over decades will bear fruit.

The feedback generally is that loans or potential permanent players put towards a club with 6000 plus loyal supporters with real points and pressure is a no brainer for them, likewise us.

I hope by showing you the list below ( do not read into any individual player, that is not what this exercise is for. I repeat, this is not "who's coming to us" bingo) you finally and without ambiguity see the level I operate at, how quickly and how extensively, with a range of working agreements that Southend United may forge, with opportunities that may we come as a consequence.

This is not for publication in the Echo or any other news outlet, should it turn up on any Southend fans forum as a screenshot this will be the first and last "here's an indicator of the work we are doing ". It is an indication of what work is going on along with recruitment, scouting and more pieces of the jigsaw to come.

In every qualification game prior to the 2018 World Cup, the Icelandic manager ( I was invited in said supporters meeting before the game where they qualified) would give the team sheet to supporters before local or national media.

At any point during the qualifying process, those teams could have been leaked by one of the 200 fans in the official supporters pub.

He delivered that team himself as proof of everyone being in it together. A test of trust

Not one Iceland team leaked, all supporters had their phones, social media and opportunity to break that trust.

So I'm doing the same with this. Should the Trust be broken that's fine, you'll get nothing of any note from me informally again, everything will be via official club communication.

Stan Collymore. Southend United Senior Football Strategist.

Liverpool

Brentford

Leicester City

Nottingham Forest

Lincoln City

Blackburn Rovers

Chelsea

Aston Villa

West Ham United

Manchester City

Brighton and Hove Albion

Exeter City

Leyton Orient

AFC Bournemouth

Cardiff City

Bristol City

Ipswich Town

Bolton Wanderers

Sunderland AFC

Everton

Northampton Town

Swansea City

Charlton Athletic

Middlesbrough

Wycombe Wanderers

Salford City

Cheltenham Town

Forest Green Rovers

WBA

Millwall

Crawley Town

Scunthorpe United

Port Vale

Stoke City

Walsall

Bradford City

QPR

Fleetwood Town

Morecambe

Oxford United

Hull City

Coventry City

Sheffield Wednesday

Portsmouth

Peterborough

Huddersfield Town

Leeds United

Southampton

Celtic

Aberdeen

Swindon Town

Arsenal

Wigan Athletic
Thank you for the effort!

Thanks for real updates.

Unfortunately, I'm certain some won't be happy with this and still moan and bitch as per.

Thanks for real updates.

Unfortunately, I'm certain some won't be happy with this and still moan and bitch as per.
This was quite unnecessary and poking the sleeping lion. Believe it or not most of the ruder, snarkier comments come from those who carry the popular opinion. Everyone needs to check before they press "post reply" and not be antagonistic.

This was quite unnecessary and poking the sleeping lion. Believe it or not most of the ruder, snarkier comments come from those who carry the popular opinion. Everyone needs to check before they press "post reply" and not be antagonistic.
I think posters on BOTH sides of the debate need to check before they post and make respect the important aspect of your reply.

Quality work.

We all know that it's a thankless task.

There will always be those that have scathing comments, even if we were to win promotions.

Just keep that in mind when posting.

We all want Sufc to survive and flourish its just some people aren't able to recognise that change will take time. I'd be happy with survival this season and a complete rebuild and have a go at the autos next year.

Thank you for posting this @StanleyVictorCollymore and lets hope some people who are good spouting off will take heed.
We all know any changes will not happen overnight and time is needed to make those changes which most of us understand but what is important is the means of communication something which up until lately has been lacking.
We all know there are somethings that have (and should) to remain confidential and we understand that.
Onwards and Upwards

I am sure we all appreciate what Stan has achieved in quelling the situation between Ron and the fans and all his updates thus far. Despite speculation, we don't actually know that any other posters on here are employed by SUFC so it seems correct that any future posts by Stan are in an official capacity. Let's get this forum back to what it was - a respectful exchange of views between genuine fans.

Back