• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan collymore

Stanley Victor Collymore
Dear all.

On Thursday last I agreed with a handshake, roles and responsibilities to be Head of Football Operations at Southend United Football Club.

However due to an arbitrary change in those roles via an email to me on Sunday evening, I have notified Ron that I no longer wish to engage with him moving forward.

I hope the club employs a CEO in the coming days, that alone will be worth the last 3 weeks.

I wish you all the very best of success in the future, thank you for the kindness and support ?

Stay safe.

Stanley Victor Collymore

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this news Stan, I would like to thank you for everything you have done and have tried to do for the benefit of us supporters.

I feel very sorry that the outcome was not quite what I was hoping for.

Still hope to see you back with us in some capacity in the future.

In the meantime I wish you all the very best and thanks again.

Absolutely gutted @stan collymore - it seems like Ron Martin has found yet another way to let us down after our hopes were built up.

Thank you for all you have done. I would like to think there may be some way the differences could be resolved, but your response sadly seems pretty final. So sad.

I thought a few days ago you mentioned that you didn’t care what the role you had was, and that you wanted to provide support regardless. Now you’ve said that you won’t be engaging with Ron going forward at all. This is the second time you’ve said “I’m out” now - I appreciate your efforts so far and hope this is now final and we can just move on, as you’ve mentioned, hopefully with a CEO.

The club needs stability, and I think a CEO needs to be the person to help provide that. As fans, being on this rollercoaster of promise with your involvement is probably not good for us. I appreciate it’s almost definitely not your fault that you’ve pulled out again, but like I say, it’s not fair for us to be built up to then be let down a few days later again, as has happened twice so far with your involvement.

Last edited:
On the face of it Stan, this sounds so disappointing, both for you, and for us as supporters. We will probably never know what those arbitrary changes were, and maybe we shouldn't as it remains confidential between Ron and you. I hope this isn't the end of the road for you and your input to Southend United, hopefully we will soon be made aware of any new changes that happen at the Club, brokered by you. Regards Stan, and thanks for everything so far.

I echo the comments above. Thank you Stan in all that you tried to do that appears to have ended up all in vein. I now hope a Club Statement is due so Ron can explain this one away. Very sad day for the Supporters of Southend United. With luck a CEO is on the way at least but please forgive me if this proves to be not forthcoming. As with the new Stadium, I'll believe it when it actually happens. A big thank you once again for all your efforts Mr Collymore.

Finding it hard to be at all shocked at how this played out. Not because of any individuals input but simply the fact that RM is a control freak passionate head strong chairman who's just appointed a controlling head strong manager. Neither would really want a third similar natured person in the mix.
if the CEO gets confirmed it could provide the very much needed structure the club needs. A 'business as usual' model that operates day to day regardless of RM being on holiday or what part of the season it is. To ensure staff get paid, loan players have somewhere to stay, hospitality runs smoothly, associated businesses and service providers get paid on time, budgets for players\loans are agreed, player travel is organised better, associated groups like junior blues are catered for etc etc.
This will happen while a CEO is in place full time but as soon as control is eased or relinquished (ie.. went part time in the role) RM will slip back to how things are.
PB was taken on under our existing chaotic structure. A structure he knows how to manipulate and be top dog in.
Will he want to be put on a lead and controlled...Publicly hell say 'work with anyone', but doubt it would work well or for long. Same if Stan c got involved.
I don't see it as sensible involving Stan formally when he's already backed out of involvement twice. I think Stan C has done a tremendous job acting as a conduit bringing interested parties to the table and hopefully that will spark some changes.
My personal thoughts are that we will be extremely lucky if a triangle involving a ceo, RM and PB is workable in a unified cohesive way.
I want it to and hope it does. PB, SC, and any CEO will know exactly how RM has operated in the past and must know he is unlikely to do anything very differently after any short term changes to keep fans quiet.

Last edited:
I can't believe this ? well tbh I can and fully expected it after the statement made by PB last week and the way RM operates ?

If you agreed on a hand shake that by any business standard is that for me.

Gutted but not in the slightest bit surprised knowing the way our football club is run.

Thank you Stan for giving us hope over the last few weeks, it was fantastic while it lasted. Personally the light that was at the end of the tunnel has just been extinguished ? ?

I thought a few days ago you mentioned that you didn’t care what the role you had was, and that you wanted to provide support regardless. Now you’ve said that you won’t be engaging with Ron going forward at all. This is the second time you’ve said “I’m out” now - I appreciate your efforts so far and hope this is now final and we can just move on, as you’ve mentioned, hopefully with a CEO.

The club needs stability, and I think a CEO needs to be the person to help provide that. As fans, being on this rollercoaster of promise with your involvement is probably not good for us. I appreciate it’s almost definitely not your fault that you’ve pulled out again, but like I say, it’s not fair for us to be built up to then be let down a few days later again, as has happened twice so far with your involvement.

No he said didn't care what the job title was. But the role needed some substance behind it.

Stan, I hope this time when you say your out you mean it and don't change your mind if Ron agrees to change the role, otherwise it looks from the outside an awful lot like you are using the fans to pressurise the chairman to give you what you want.

I truly think you have the best intentions for the fans but the continous building up our hope to let us down is heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back