• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should get rid of the trolls on Shrimperszone.
Should be a 3 strike system or something. Whilst some I would not say are trolls and debate their different views with reason, there are some who are just here to take the ****, it’s toxic and brings the place down

So the manager has said he wants a direct line to the chairman and so Ron changes the role he wants Stan to take and instead of negotiating he throws his toys out of the pram again. Don't know what he would have done if he had to deal with players agents.

I've negotiated 1 British club record transfer and 4 club record transfers in my 20's. So of course a National League agent and contract would be terrifying.

I never talk money in an agreement meeting, only roles and responsibilities.

I invite terms then to be offered and accept or decline them. Standard practice.

But a first in 30 years of contract negotiations happened last night. I shook hands on agreed roles and responsibilities, something discussed over 3 seperate meetings, only for that deal to not resemble the agreed roles and responsibilities whatsoever.

Whatsoever.

I'm relaxed because I've acted with great care and honesty in every interaction. I've done everything in the correct way. Maybe that's the problem for some of you, you're addicted to the lies, the lack of accountability, transparency and honesty.

Many on this forum and amongst the wider supporter base seem to have forgotten that it wasn't me who's turned up 19 times to HMRC.

It's not me who won't allow a forensic analysis of every penny and where it's gone at the club.

It's not me who gave a 3 year contract to a player who walked out of a negotiation doing cartwheels because he thought he might "nick one" year. Apparently a very familiar pattern in seasons gone by.

It's not me who's overseen 2 relegations.

It's not me who's overseen a first season in 101 in Non League.

It's not me that every season is late on the starting line.

It's not me who doesn't pay employees on time.

It's not me who routinely does everything late.

It's not me who's burned every bridge built and snapped every olive branch.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.

It's a pity that Stan not onboard but better it's now and not at a later stage.From my experience I was verbally offered and agreed a position but when I saw the job description in writing it wasn't what I expected so I didn't join.It would be nice to know the reasons why Stan wouldn't agree but I guess we wont

I've negotiated 1 British club record transfer and 4 club record transfers in my 20's. So of course a National League agent and contract would be terrifying.

I invite terms then to be offered and accept or decline them. Standard practice.

But a first in 30 years of contract negotiations happened last night. I shook hands on agreed roles and responsibilities, something discussed over 3 seperate meetings, only for that deal to not resemble the agreed roles and responsibilities whatsoever.

Whatsoever.

I'm relaxed because I've acted with great care and honesty in every interaction. I've done everything in the correct way. Maybe that's the problem for some of you, you're addicted to the lies, the lack of accountability, transparency and honesty.

Many on this forum and amongst the wider supporter base seem to have forgotten that it wasn't me who's turned up 19 times to HMRC.

It's not me who won't allow a forensic analysis of every penny and where it's gone at the club.

It's not me who gave a 3 year contract to a player who walked out of a negotiation doing cartwheels because he thought he might "nick one" year. Apparently a very familiar pattern in seasons gone by.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.

As I have said further back in the thread our club does not seem to understand ethics in business

Whatsoever.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.
The vast vast majority of us fans appreciate your efforts these last few weeks and hope that the door will somehow remain ajar for you to take an active role in our club at some point in the future....?

Finding it hard to be at all shocked at how this played out. Not because of any individuals input but simply the fact that RM is a control freak passionate head strong chairman who's just appointed a controlling head strong manager. Neither would really want a third similar natured person in the mix.
if the CEO gets confirmed it could provide the very much needed structure the club needs. A 'business as usual' model that operates day to day regardless of RM being on holiday or what part of the season it is. To ensure staff get paid, loan players have somewhere to stay, hospitality runs smoothly, associated businesses and service providers get paid on time, budgets for players\loans are agreed, player travel is organised better, associated groups like junior blues are catered for etc etc.
This will happen while a CEO is in place full time but as soon as control is eased or relinquished (ie.. went part time in the role) RM will slip back to how things are.
PB was taken on under our existing chaotic structure. A structure he knows how to manipulate and be top dog in.
Will he want to be put on a lead and controlled...Publicly hell say 'work with anyone', but doubt it would work well or for long. Same if Stan c got involved.
I don't see it as sensible involving Stan formally when he's already backed out of involvement twice. I think Stan C has done a tremendous job acting as a conduit bringing interested parties to the table and hopefully that will spark some changes.
My personal thoughts are that we will be extremely lucky if a triangle involving a ceo, RM and PB is workable in a unified cohesive way.
I want it to and hope it does. PB, SC, and any CEO will know exactly how RM has operated in the past and must know he is unlikely to do anything very differently after any short term changes to keep fans quiet.

A fair summary IMO,Thanks

Whatsoever.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.

Well said pal and at least you tried in very difficult circumstances.We will not forget.

But a first in 30 years of contract negotiations happened last night. I shook hands on agreed roles and responsibilities, something discussed over 3 seperate meetings, only for that deal to not resemble the agreed roles and responsibilities whatsoever
Just me or is this the most worrying thing about the whole business. RON IS NOT JUST PLAYING US FOR FOOLS BUT HE’S DOING IT TO PEOPLE WHO CAN GENUINELY HELP! The guy is a grade A buffoon and liar and what worries me is supporters seem to accept this nonsense.

Whatsoever.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.
It is impossible to deal with anyone in business who you cannot trust, and who is continually reactive rather than proactive. I am so sorry this appears to be the end of the line regarding your involvement Stan......but who can blame you?

Whatsoever.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.

Stan, I'm not digging you out but its clear from your post any hope of further involvement is not going to happen. Which leaves us fans all guessing.

You originally said you were happy to just connect people and it was to be fan lead. Then somewhere over the last 2 weeks a role within the club was mentioned. Not meet and greet but with teeth, which was fine by us.

What was it you wanted ?.
Was anything suggested to you?
If you don't want to go into finer details then fair enough but give us some idea as fans are now fighting amongst themselves.

This is exactly what many of us feared so its time for you to be honest with us.

Last edited:
It is impossible to deal with anyone in business who you cannot trust, and who is continually reactive rather than proactive. I am so sorry this appears to be the end of the line regarding your involvement Stan......but who can blame you?

It would appear SVC has simply been used and abused here.Like so many before him; AND DONT LET IT PASS that this is the way the owner treats a friend of our club.

Whatsoever.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.
You obviously care very deeply about the Club and that is reflected in every word you've posted here Stan and for that I thank you so much. I don't agree that we have forgotten about our regular visits to the High Court, we absolutely haven't, and as for Ron's values, or lack of them, I can assure you that we have experienced so many Chairman disappointments over the recent seasons that we really aren't addicted to any of the stuff that comes out of his statements.

Anyway, again my sincere thanks for everything you have brokered so far and deep down you know that the vast majority of fans on here and elsewhere have nothing but respect and admiration for everything you have put into the last few weeks.

Just me or is this the most worrying thing about the whole business. RON IS NOT JUST PLAYING US FOR FOOLS BUT HE’S DOING IT TO PEOPLE WHO CAN GENUINELY HELP! The guy is a grade A buffoon and liar and what worries me is supporters seem to accept this nonsense.
Quite. And they will still come on here and say 'careful what you wish for'.

You obviously care very deeply about the Club and that is reflected in every word you've posted here Stan and for that I thank you so much. I don't agree that we have forgotten about our regular visits to the High Court, we absolutely haven't, and as for Ron's values, or lack of them, I can assure you that we have experienced so many Chairman disappointments over the recent seasons that we really aren't addicted to any of the stuff that comes out of his statements.

Anyway, again my sincere thanks for everything you have brokered so far and deep down you know that the vast majority of fans on here and elsewhere have nothing but respect and admiration for everything you have put into the last few weeks.
Put perfectly.

I think we should get rid of the trolls on Shrimperszone.

Not quite sure .....what is the nature of the problem you are referring to ?

If it’s about the wave of anti RM comments, I think people do need to be cut a bit of slack at the moment, especially as he has brought SUFC to an all time low, and people are very understandably upset and extremely angry at the appalling state of affairs. Some are probably still close to tears !!

To avoid issues, maybe mods could offer guidance and think about a warning system?

Whatsoever.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.

Stan, Martin is a dictator who hides everything away from the people who matter, especially the fans. He has no idea of running a successful football club ----- I am sure he sees the club as a way of funding his lifestyle ----- without a football brain in his head.

Thanks for your efforts but you have been dealing with someone with the morals of a dead goat.

Im sure Ron isnt a coward but he is a bit of an ego infested workaholic nincompoop who struggles to let go of key aspects of the football side at times and likes to fight the wrong battles and gets key decisions wrong on a consistent basis. He came close to an apology for the numerous errors but can he really learn to correct his own worst, natural instincts

Not nearly close enough to actually apologise - when pointed out that Grimsby had apologised to their supporters his reaction was 'more fool them' - that tells us everything we probably already knew.

Whatsoever.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.

It's not you that owns the club.
It's not you that had the burden of responsibility with every decision.
It's not you that has stumped up a lot of dosh to keep things afloat.

It is you that has walked away for the second time in a matter of weeks.
It is you that says fans are most important but haven't informed us of the exact problem you encountered.
It is you that has given hope to a lot of your fans and failed to see it through.

I am not attempting to goad you but transparency is your claim but it is all opaque at the moment. Being quick to slam into RM is not going to build bridges or appear as anything other than schoolboy tantrums.

There are a lot on this site that breathed in your every word. At least be open for their sake. UTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back