• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute and utter garbage.

I have every email, text message, zoom call, meeting transcribed with contemporaneous notes.

All there, go and read or watch them and maybe you'll learn what transparency is rather than taking to forums to slag off someone who's only every brought money into your football club. In 1992 and 2021 to the Trust.

People like you make me genuinely laugh. All mouth supporting broken and failed systems for years then lash out at decent people who've never done anything wrong to you or your club, ever.

Stan, some people are going to be happy to reply, prod & make inflammatory comment to an ex-pro football player all night long.

Your abilities, ideas, contacts & potential to bring positive change to the club are not, for me, in question.

However If it’s not been possible to agree a role within the club in writing & you can’t see a way forward due to Ron’s dyed in the wool obstinance & perceived business chicanery then so be it. You tried.

Perhaps it’s better to let things be on here for the time being. I get the feeling people are winding you up on purpose to get a reaction & it’s not really achieving anything other than entertainment for some of the losers.

Stan is the most technically and physically gifted player to ever represent Southend. I am privileged that I got to see him play live, not just for Southend, but also for England. That said, he doesn't respond well to criticism and I don't see how that would work in a management structure where he isn't in charge.

So Stan agreed to the role of Head of Football Operations at Southend United Football Club. He received an email saying that his role has changed and Stan now doesn't agree with this role and has declined it.

Can someone please tell me how that is worth fans going into meltdown and a 19 page thread?

Am I missing something?

I have every email, text message, zoom call, meeting transcribed with contemporaneous notes.

All there, go and read or watch them and maybe you'll learn what transparency is rather than taking to forums to slag off someone who's only every brought money into your football club. In 1992 and 2021 to the Trust.

People like you make me genuinely laugh. All mouth supporting broken and failed systems for years then lash out at decent people who've never done anything wrong to you or your club, ever.

For a middle aged bloke who’s spent years playing professionally and then in media you are very thin-skinned. He wasn’t being rude but offering another view. If you genuinely aren’t prepared to accept any criticism or alternative opinions then putting yourself in the public eye of a club that has suffered a lot recently is somewhat naive.

If you are trying to be the galvanizing force for the fans you need to toughen up and stick with them, not abandon them at the first (and then second) hurdle when Martin reverts to type.

I have nothing to say to you. Your stereotyping is dreadful, so feel free to say or think whatever you like.

I have no idea what the 'stereotyping' comment is about. I accept you are not going to answer the question I have asked and acknowledge your wish to ignore me. Good luck with your future exploits.

Your devotion over the past weeks is totally commendable, and I am sure you are just as gutted things have culminated... like this?

If it got the stage where Ron verbally agreed terms and R&R for a position to work with you then from a legal perspective he cannot then make you a counter offer, providing;

There was an offer and acceptance, and there was a witness to the verbal agreement.

You’re a savvy guy Stan, have you questioned his motives or challenged this? Or maybe you cannot work with someone who you perceive as dishonest, based upon the behaviour you describe.

I’d be interested in what changes he requested to the Role and what the deal breaker was?

Such a shame it should end this way.

Moreover, the vitriol aimed at your good self is totally unacceptable and shameful. Added to that the SZ members are now falling out with each other. I just don’t get it!? We all on the same side aren’t we?

No wonder the club is in such a mess.

Last edited:
Your devotion over the past weeks is totally commendable, and I am sure you are just as gutted things have culminated... like this?

If it got the stage where Ron verbally agreed terms and R&R for a position to work with you then from a legal perspective he cannot then make you a counter offer, providing;

There was an offer and acceptance, and there was a witness to the verbal agreement.

You’re a savvy guy Stan, have you questioned his motives or challenged this? Or maybe you cannot work with someone who you perceive as dishonest, based upon the behaviour you describe.

I’d be interested in what changes he requested to the Role and what the deal breaker was?

Such a shame it should end this way.

Moreover, the vitriol aimed at your good self is totally unacceptable and shameful. Added to the that SZ members are now falling out with each other. I just don’t get it!? We all on the same side aren’t we?

No wonder the club is in such a mess.
Offer, acceptance and consideration for a legally binding contract? Good few years since I studied contract law!

One might wonder but you have proclaimed it as so. Past record should have no bearing on this matter and is only an indicator of opinion and not necessarily representative of the facts.

I have no idea whether Ron is blame or what for, or if Stan is at fault. Maybe the role Stan wanted was not the same as Ron wanted to offer. I can offer my services to the Royal family but if I want to be King and they only want a valet, then there will be a parting of the ways.

But what if you shook hands with the Queen on a deal to become King, but then a few days later received a telegram saying actually we want to be a footman?

That appears to be more of an issue here - the circumstances of there allegedly being a deal agreed, but then one party moving the goalposts

@stan collymore, are you gutted? I can’t believe I’m going to use this phrase but I get the impression you wear your heart on your sleeve, and I think your honesty and transparency go hand in hand with that.

Were you excited at the prospect of the role you shook on? So to have it mucked about and the penny drop as to who you were dealing with, were you disappointed? That’s how lots of us feel, over and over and over again with the way Ron treats us.

This thread is a complete disaster. It’s like a supernova of all the toxicity that this place has become infected with in recent years. I know we’re all hurting, but Ron must be laughing his socks off at how pathetic we’ve all become. Fighting among ourselves and turning on a club legend who’s stepped up to try and help us.

But what if you shook hands with the Queen on a deal to become King, but then a few days later received a telegram saying actually we want to be a footman?

That appears to be more of an issue here - the circumstances of there allegedly being a deal agreed, but then one party moving the goalposts

You are entirely right. Sadly, as with my take on it, it's all ifs and buts. That's why I repeatedly asked for the promised transparency. I, like the rest of you, want to know the truth, warts and all.

Stan youve got to put yourselves in our shoes for a moment. After i watched that first zoom meeting i hadnt felt so positive in years. Then 10 seconds later you were out. I felt like id been slapped in the face. Then it happens again.

We are at rock bottom as a fanbase and then a southend legend turns up with some real promise, then a week or so later your gone again!

No you dont owe us anything, and if the deal isnt appropriate then of course your not going to take it. And regardless of all this you'll always be a legend player for us.

But you simply must understand why people are sad, dissapointed etc surely?

Its like someone giving you a winning lottery ticket, then tearing it up in front of you then unfollowing you on twitter.

I think its probably best for all if a line is drawn under this and we move on.

Offer, acceptance and consideration for a legally binding contract? Good few years since I studied contract law!
Me too...

Depending which way you cut it there are 5 requirements for creating a valid contract;

an offer, acceptance, consideration, competency and legal intent.

Ron always fails on the 4th one

With Ron everything is an invitation to treat, and he never does

I've negotiated 1 British club record transfer and 4 club record transfers in my 20's. So of course a National League agent and contract would be terrifying.

I never talk money in an agreement meeting, only roles and responsibilities.

I invite terms then to be offered and accept or decline them. Standard practice.

But a first in 30 years of contract negotiations happened last night. I shook hands on agreed roles and responsibilities, something discussed over 3 seperate meetings, only for that deal to not resemble the agreed roles and responsibilities whatsoever.

Whatsoever.

I'm relaxed because I've acted with great care and honesty in every interaction. I've done everything in the correct way. Maybe that's the problem for some of you, you're addicted to the lies, the lack of accountability, transparency and honesty.

Many on this forum and amongst the wider supporter base seem to have forgotten that it wasn't me who's turned up 19 times to HMRC.

It's not me who won't allow a forensic analysis of every penny and where it's gone at the club.

It's not me who gave a 3 year contract to a player who walked out of a negotiation doing cartwheels because he thought he might "nick one" year. Apparently a very familiar pattern in seasons gone by.

It's not me who's overseen 2 relegations.

It's not me who's overseen a first season in 101 in Non League.

It's not me that every season is late on the starting line.

It's not me who doesn't pay employees on time.

It's not me who routinely does everything late.

It's not me who's burned every bridge built and snapped every olive branch.

Words matter.
Handshakes matter.
Agreements matter.
Honesty matters.
Trust matters.

Stay safe.

I Don't say we are addicted to it, but we have become accustomed to it over the years.
RM failed to pay builders suppliers in this town 20 years ago, renaiged on deals with handshakes then.
As someone else said he has 'reverted to type' something you would have had to get used to working with him

Stan youve got to put yourselves in our shoes for a moment. After i watched that first zoom meeting i hadnt felt so positive in years. Then 10 seconds later you were out. I felt like id been slapped in the face. Then it happens again.

We are at rock bottom as a fanbase and then a southend legend turns up with some real promise, then a week or so later your gone again!

No you dont owe us anything, and if the deal isnt appropriate then of course your not going to take it. And regardless of all this you'll always be a legend player for us.

But you simply must understand why people are sad, dissapointed etc surely?

Its like someone giving you a winning lottery ticket, then tearing it up in front of you then unfollowing you on twitter.

I think its probably best for all if a line is drawn under this and we move on.

100% agree mods.

This thread is a complete disaster. It’s like a supernova of all the toxicity that this place has become infected with in recent years. I know we’re all hurting, but Ron must be laughing his socks off at how pathetic we’ve all become. Fighting among ourselves and turning on a club legend who’s stepped up to try and help us.

I think the majority are grateful for his efforts and are not attacking him. It's just there is a question to answer and in the spirit of transparency we want to know what he shook hands on and what was reneged upon. Toys out of the pram time is ok in the heat of the moment but enough time has elapsed to calm down and put forward the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back