• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree on this point. We would need someone with a decent pot of money who is prepared to buy Ron and the board out, start afresh and never get that money back or see a return. Not impossible but unlikely.
My addition makes that scenario a lot more difficult because that is what actually must happen. There will be no business plan that is viable that includes buying RM out and having enough money going forward to thrive and survive.

He was on the match thread last night under a different name. He seems to pop up when it's going wrong.

You misunderstand me; no-one is going to buy it as there is nothing to buy. If Ron walks away he is the biggest creditor. We will have NO backing whatsoever.
That's the issue. I'm going to throw out a hypothetical scenario, I haven't researched it in any detail so please feel free to shoot it down if it doesn't work! Ron holds all the cards, he chooses if he sells of not and the amount of money the club owes him means a takeover is extremely unlikely, there are many clubs that are more attractive to anyone looking to buy a club and our only hope would be a mega rich fan or consortium of fans who are willing to throw a decent amount of money into the abyss just to get control. What if we were to boycott? In this scenario with income cut and Ron unable to pay the bills would that allow administration and somebody to come in and "buy" the club only taking on an amount of debt equal to what creditors would get if there were a fire sale? Or would Ron get the ground redevelopment in this scenario? It seems strange that Ron has gone the extra mile to save us from administration at the last hour on several occasions if administration gets him to his promised land?

So basically does starving the club of income get us to administration and then out of Rons pocket or does it kill us and get him the stadium? Or does it kill us and Ron? If it is mutual destruction then perhaps it will force him to cut his losses and take something rather than nothing?

I tend to agree on this point. We would need someone with a decent pot of money who is prepared to buy Ron and the board out and start afresh. Not impossible but unlikely.
It's nothing to do with the rest of the board. Ron has a controlling interest (AFAIA).

Apart from getting a CEO and £10k raised for the trust in a day. Woeful effort.

Kerp shouting at clouds. Love Kim Kardashian

Cc @hadenoughblue
and then running away in tears when a couple of people asked some questions - real staying power and hallmarks of someone you'd want involved with running a pro-club eh - first hint of negative feedback or problems and major flounce time!

That's the issue. I'm going to throw out a hypothetical scenario, I haven't researched it in any detail so please feel free to shoot it down if it doesn't work! Ron holds all the cards, he chooses if he sells of not and the amount of money the club owes him means a takeover is extremely unlikely, there are many clubs that are more attractive to anyone looking to buy a club and our only hope would be a mega rich fan or consortium of fans who are willing to throw a decent amount of money into the abyss just to get control. What if we were to boycott? In this scenario with income cut and Ron unable to pay the bills would that allow administration and somebody to come in and "buy" the club only taking on an amount of debt equal to what creditors would get if there were a fire sale? Or would Ron get the ground redevelopment in this scenario? It seems strange that Ron has gone the extra mile to save us from administration at the last hour on several occasions if administration gets him to his promised land?

So basically does starving the club of income get us to administration and then out of Rons pocket or does it kill us and get him the stadium? Or does it kill us and Ron? If it is mutual destruction then perhaps it will force him to cut his losses and take something rather than nothing?
Administration doesn't help anyone becaue Ron and his companies are the biggest "creditor". Essentially would mean the football club can disappear and the houses can still be built. It's unfortunately a non-starter.

Stan got his fingers burnt last summer, when RM offered him a job then later moved the goal posts.
Stan getting Ron talking and gets a CEO installed was a positive. But you can’t make a Silk purse out of a Sows ear of a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back