• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southend Manor's (or whatever they're called these days) would be even more likely
I love the idea of a phoenix club at Southend Manor. I could nip home to use my own toilet at half time. I would of course p*** all over the floor, make sure theres no bog roll, running water in the sinks and have hand dryer that hasn't worked for months.......Its the small details that are important to me.

Not sure where I would get a programme in my house. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

That's the issue. I'm going to throw out a hypothetical scenario, I haven't researched it in any detail so please feel free to shoot it down if it doesn't work! Ron holds all the cards, he chooses if he sells of not and the amount of money the club owes him means a takeover is extremely unlikely, there are many clubs that are more attractive to anyone looking to buy a club and our only hope would be a mega rich fan or consortium of fans who are willing to throw a decent amount of money into the abyss just to get control. What if we were to boycott? In this scenario with income cut and Ron unable to pay the bills would that allow administration and somebody to come in and "buy" the club only taking on an amount of debt equal to what creditors would get if there were a fire sale? Or would Ron get the ground redevelopment in this scenario? It seems strange that Ron has gone the extra mile to save us from administration at the last hour on several occasions if administration gets him to his promised land?

So basically does starving the club of income get us to administration and then out of Rons pocket or does it kill us and get him the stadium? Or does it kill us and Ron? If it is mutual destruction then perhaps it will force him to cut his losses and take something rather than nothing?
Probably that bit. Ron, or his other companies, is the major creditor and so can control pretty much the outcome of the adminstration.

I love the idea of a phoenix club at Southend Manor. I could nip home to use my own toilet at half time. I would of course p*** all over the floor, make sure theres no bog roll, running water in the sinks and have hand dryer that hasn't worked for months.......Its the small details that are important to me.

Not sure where I would get a programme in my house. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
We'd hide the programmes so you had difficulty finding them, obviously! Probably in the kitchen as keeping them near food and drink is the best way to ensure they're not pristine when you buy them.

Administration doesn't help anyone becaue Ron and his companies are the biggest "creditor". Essentially would mean the football club can disappear and the houses can still be built. It's unfortunately a non-starter.
I suspected that may be the case but it seems strange that Ron has gone to considerable effort and going into further debt to save us from administration. Surely if what you say is true, going into administration would be an ideal scenario for Ron?

I suspected that may be the case but it seems strange that Ron has gone to considerable effort and going into further debt to save us from administration. Surely if what you say is true, going into administration would be an ideal scenario for Ron?
A very fair response. You are right it would be ideal, maybe the council have really pushed the stadium and maybe, just maybe Ron truly does care about the football club.

Is it obvious that Ron Martin is in a win win situation whatever happens?
Fossetts Farm - New Stadium(owned by Mr Martin), lots of houses built and sold by Mr Martin and making him a big fat profit or the club fizzles out and leaves
Mr Martin sitting on Two very large plots of valuable building land and of course the small sum of a valuation of £30,000( Valued by Mr Martin) of Roots Hall fixture & Fittings.
The issue Mr Martin has is with the council that until the new stadium is built Roots Hall cannot be built on, but if there is no club then I can see no reason why the council would refuse planning permission for Roots Hall. While Southend United exist Mr Martin has to bumble his way through each month/week/day trying to find the money to keep the club afloat, If only the club would fold then Mr Martin can realise his housing dream.

Fossetts Farm - New Stadium(owned by Mr Martin), lots of houses built and sold by Mr Martin and making him a big fat profit or the club fizzles out and leaves
Mr Martin sitting on Two very large plots of valuable building land and of course the small sum of a valuation of £30,000( Valued by Mr Martin) of Roots Hall fixture & Fittings.
The issue Mr Martin has is with the council that until the new stadium is built Roots Hall cannot be built on, but if there is no club then I can see no reason why the council would refuse planning permission for Roots Hall. While Southend United exist Mr Martin has to bumble his way through each month/week/day trying to find the money to keep the club afloat, If only the club would fold then Mr Martin can realise his housing dream.
er i think the council may have something to say about these houses your banging on about as its them that are taking ownership of said houses

I genuinely dont think he wants that. I think he wants us back in the league in a new stadium and he can make his millions.

I guarantee when he took this on he didnt expect it to consume the rest of his life.

I genuinely dont think he wants that. I think he wants us back in the league in a new stadium and he can make his millions.

I guarantee when he took this on he didnt expect it to consume the rest of his life.
I totally agree. Mr Martin who has zero interest in football finally saw an opportunity to make his fortune by selling Roots Hall, Building a new Stadium together with housing and a shopping and leisure complex. He thought it would be a simple quick process but without the expertise, due diligence and most importantly the finance,
the project has fallen at every stage.

Can’t someone offer the council money to refuse permission to build the stadium them Martin will go.
Hush your mouth! How dare you suggest our SBC could be bought? We all know they are selfless public servants that do everything in the best interests of the town and its residents. Look at they way they have worked tirelessly to deliver on the new stadium plans. They move almost as quick as Coulson.

When Martin took over the club,SUFC were £3.2 million in debt.They owned Roots Hall and they owned the training ground.As at this year,SUFC own nothing, but player registrations, and owe 'Dodgy' Ron more than seventeen million squids.
People forget that the club receive various forms of income.Premiership
money,Football pools,Football League,Sponsorship,Ground Attendance,Transfer fees ,TV,
and other monies.Those that continually stick up for the chairman need their heads
examined.A further example was the vastly overpriced share issue a number of years back.£7 a share was daylight robbery, for buying what ? Although much income previously
received will diminish as we go on it was mentioned by 'Dodgy'on the last zoom meeting
a share sale would be considered in the future.Oh yeah ! really !

The covenant has been our best player in recent years!
without it who knows what could have happened?
Whoever put this in place must have been well ahead of their time and Sir I thank You!
When I read that Stan Collymore wanted to be "Head Of Football Operations" Does that mean he would have operated on punctured footballs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back