• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

20 years! Bloody hell.

Still can't believe we had someone that good, amazing to watch.

the greatest player i have ever seen at Roots Hall. No comes close, nor do I think anyone ever will. What he did in the short period he was here was out of this world. Such a shame he had so many demons as a youngster, because I truly believe he had all the qualities (playing wise) to rule the world scene as well.

Thank you Stanley for enabling me to witness true footballing greatness in a Southend shirt !

the greatest player i have ever seen at Roots Hall. No comes close, nor do I think anyone ever will. What he did in the short period he was here was out of this world. Such a shame he had so many demons as a youngster, because I truly believe he had all the qualities (playing wise) to rule the world scene as well.

Thank you Stanley for enabling me to witness true footballing greatness in a Southend shirt !

My hairs on my neck still stand up now thinking of Collymore in full flow !!

Pele's favourite ever player*

*If Pele wasn't such a ****ing ****. Instead it's probably Nicky Butt. But if Pele had any taste this would be true.

Would have loved to have seen him play considering what he did in his career (obviously he tailed off). The best player I've probably seen play for us is probably Bilel ******* Mohsni lol

Defiantly best player i have ever seen watching Southend.He says very nice things about the club and fans in his autobiography.Done well for himself with his career in the media.

the greatest player i have ever seen at Roots Hall. No one comes close, nor do I think anyone ever will. What he did in the short period he was here was out of this world. Such a shame he had so many demons as a youngster, because I truly believe he had all the qualities (playing wise) to rule the world scene as well.

Hear hear. The greatest player I have ever seen play live. That first game against County, WOW where has this boy been hiding.

My uncle (Man U fan from Chalkwell) phoned me up in the week to say we just signed some Palace reserve striker called Collymore, laughing he said "you that desperate now, he will have to be a world beater to keep you up. Well he was, and he did!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the memories Sir Stanley Victor Collymore. Happy aniversary.
Ps my uncle has been converted and is now a season ticket holder at The Hall and has been for last 6 years or so!!!!

Oh Stanley,Stanley. Stanley, Stanley,Stanley, Stanley Collymore. :Worthy:

"'It was a mucky morning and the tide was going out of the Thames estuary when I pulled Stanley up in training and reminded him of one or two things and what he was capable of."

Murphy is proper bat**** mental.

:Worthy:Stan Collymore was the best player I've ever seen in a Southend shirt by a country mile - always be thankful to Colin Murphy for signing him - and for his programme notes :winking:

Do you remember the club phoneline? A brilliant step forward in communication with the fans - ring the (high cost) line and listen to 4 or 5 minutes of the latest info - if you could take that long of hearing Murphy's monotone voice.

I laughed and laughed as I listened to Murphy saying he had just signed a future England international - a few days later and I was leaving the West Bank hoarse and sure that Murphy was in fact The Messiah ........ I am pleased to remember that I bought a programme that day.

Back