• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Feb. 16 2004,09:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ Feb. 16 2004,09:31)]Burscough at the beginning of the season had Mike Marsh as their manager, after he left Accrington Stanley at the end of last season when they were promoted to the Conference, if he is still manager that could be the tie in with Stan.
Why? They never played together did they? Certainly not here they didn't....
No and they didn't play for Liverpool at the same time...but Burscough is managed by Mike Marsh which is another connection with Southend.....
smile.gif

The only person I can think of who would have played with both Marsh and Collymore would be Tilson.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Blue @ Feb. 16 2004,13:04)]The only person I can think of who would have played with both Marsh and Collymore would be Tilson.......
Powell, Royce, Sansome....

Stan must have felt he had been out of the news for too long!!

Wednesday May 12, 01:09 PM

Collymore Charged With Threat To Kill Wife
Ex-football star Stan Collymore has been charged with threatening to kill his estranged wife, it has been reported.The former Liverpool, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest striker is due to appear before Mid-Staffordshire magistrates next Monday charged with a total of four offences.The Sun said that Collymore, 33, was arrested after an attack on his wife Estelle's Mini Cooper, in which the vehicle's front passenger side window was smashed.

The newspaper reported that Collymore is accused of behaving abusively, causing criminal damage, making a threat to kill and issuing a threat to cause criminal damage.

A Staffordshire Police spokesman said: "A 33-year-old man from the Cannock area was arrested at his home address on Monday night and taken into custody at the town's police station.

"He was later charged with four offences and a file has been sent to the Crown Prosecution Service, who as a matter of routine will review the case before next Monday, when the man is due to appear before Mid-Staffordshire magistrates.

"In the meantime the man is on police bail."

Much as we love him - and hated Ron at the time for not appointing Stan, got to look back and say how much did Ron know that we didnt?

Wasnt too long after that the 'Dogging' thing came out, now this... obviously the guy still has issues. If these 2 things had come out after he was appointed manager, a) it would look bad on the club, b) it would unsettle the players and c) it would have cost us a bomb to sack him over it I would guess.

Well done Ron, alls well that ends well!

BTW, Feel sorry for Stan and he is still a hero to me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ May 13 2004,08:56)]Much as we love him - and hated Ron at the time for not appointing Stan
With the benefit of hindsight, it has to be said that Ron's decision has been vindicated 100%...

Then again, had Stan been managing us, rather than twiddling his thumbs, perhaps he wouldn't have been hanging round car parks at all.

Perhaps we could have been, as we were in the beginning, Stan's redemption. I guess we'll never know...

ghostface.gif

Matt

apparently he gets it on with Sharon Stone and is killed off - all in the first thirty seconds of the film!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jamesmut2000 @ July 01 2005,18:49)]apparently he gets it on with Sharon Stone and is killed off - all in the first thirty seconds of the film!!!
And he gets PAID for that!!

Jeez... I'd give my right arm etc etc...

currently appearing in cinemas across the UK.

this was in the Times...

Now she’s back, firing on all cylinders, demanding $14m, apparently, for this sequel, and hand-picking her director and co-stars, who include the former footballer Stan Collymore. If Stone is aware that Collymore became infamous for striking Ulrika Jonsson in a Paris bar, she doesn’t show it. “He’s talented, a pro, and he’s taking acting seriously,” she reports.

Before women’s-rights campaigners reach for their pens, however, it should be explained that Collymore, who plays — surprise — a star footballer in the film, is killed off in virtually the first scene. He also has to put himself through stunts such as sliding beneath the waters of a deep tank, in a car, armed with an oxygen mask in case he panics while pretending to drown. As we watch him emerge from the umpteenth take, he has the look of a man who might think drowning is preferable to this water torture. So perhaps Stone knows more about his past than she’s letting on? “He’s getting trained,” she says with a smile.

Is the analyst for the bbc's game, Chasetown vs. Cardiff by the looks of it.

1337: "The pitch is becoming increasingly sticky and Cardiff will not be enjoying that."
BBC 5 Live analyst Stan Collymore

Link

I know this has been mentioned in passing before, but Stan's work as a pundit on 5 Live has been really top class. I know we're biased as Blues fans, but it really is unavoidable that he speaks with authority and passion about the game. I've had the pleasure to meet Stanley a few times, and he is an intelligent and eloquent fella, and he puts muppets like Keown, Dixon, Palmer etc to shame - I would expect to see him sharing a sofa with Garth Crooks on Saturday afternoons shortly. It does rather raise the question if Stan was a bit too bright for the world of professional football, I've heard it said of other players that they lose their love of the game through the need to constantly spend time with morons.

As was mentioned on here a few weeks ago, Stan has been signed by TalkSport to present each weekday.

I have managed to catch him on the radio a couple of times and he is doing pretty well, and always gives the Shrimpers a mention when possible.

Was interested last night when they were talking about a San Marino team who had got into the Champions League qualifiers and were trying to get celebs signed on to play for them as publicity (Romario, Michael Schumacher etc). TalkSport then spent the day trying to get in touch with the club to get Stan signed on.

It reminded me of his 'contract' to play for Shrimperzone FC and I wondered if anyone had brought this up with him on air, or whether they have called in generally to discuss anything with Stan?

Back