• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan here ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you’re bringing someone to the table with with a genuine love for English Football or SUFC... as who wants to buy a conference club?

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney bought conference club Wrexham last year. Just saying.

This is great from Stan, great to see that he actually still has the club close to his heart.

I wonder whether there might be any chance of Ron being persuaded to relinquish a sizeable share of his plans for remuneration such as Stan seems to be outlining? I can't see Ron being persuaded to walk away entirely from his pension pot, but he might be persuaded to part with, say a 40% share for a consortium involvement, headed by Stan.

This is great from Stan, great to see that he actually still has the club close to his heart.

I wonder whether there might be any chance of Ron being persuaded to relinquish a sizeable share of his plans for remuneration such as Stan seems to be outlining? I can't see Ron being persuaded to walk away entirely from his pension pot, but he might be persuaded to part with, say a 40% share for a consortium involvement, headed by Stan.
The first rule of entrepreneurship is protect your equity. I don’t see him relinquishing anything if he believes he can keep the club limping along long enough for the developments to go through. He’s securing the financial future for his family for generations. Then he might be interested in securing his legacy, but that’s secondary I think

Anyone who bought shares in the club was buying shares for their love of SUFC, nothing else and nothing more! If you ever thought your shares would be worth anything, more fool you!

How have we NO heard from RM today. Today would of been the day to say, you know what I’ve ****ed it here. Hands up. Instead radio silence.

As in a few days it will once again be some bull**** statement about how it’s not over till it’s over and he is trying to sign Cristian Ronaldo and a load of other rubbish.

TB Scott was right earlier in the season, a protest needed to happen then... and not at roots hall, outside RMs house.

Having spent 12 hours today looking through companies house records I’m confident, we’re ****ed! In simple terms!

The only way out is Fossetts Farm or Ron sells. Pigs might fly Stan.

Unless you’re bringing someone to the table with with a genuine love for English Football or SUFC... as who wants to buy a conference club?
Couple just bought Wrexam

Hi Stan.

Unfortunately your last game for blues was my first. I didnt get to see you play much or some of the great goals you scored.

As much as we appreciate the support from yourself and anything that highlights our plight is a positive step.

I will say this.

If you are genuinely serious about forming a consortium and buying SUFC, then please make sure there is a robust business plan and a sensible and generous offer for RM.

I do believe that if the offer was right, then Ron would walk away. He is now at retirement age and would likely like a way out of the financial mess he finds himself in.

I wish you all the best if you chose to create a new future for our wonderful club.

This is great stuff stan, and its great to think of that brief period, i was lucky enough to be at all the games you played in.

I cant see ron relinquishing control until roots hall is demolished and the flats are built. It would take a cold hard offer of many millions, and even then i dont think it would sway him from what has unwittingly become his lifes work.

I think we'd all welcome an advisory/coaching role from you. As we cant hit a barn door.

Last edited:
Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney bought conference club Wrexham last year. Just saying.

I think we need to reserve judgment on the success of that: will they still be as excited about their project in a decade's time or will they get bored after 18 months and maybe a netflix series and neglect it before selling up to some dodgy asset stripper?

I`ve spotted those flying pigs !

Hey everyone, long time no speak.

Firstly, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in these extraordinary times, that trumps everything, including football.

Ive read a few posts on here a number of times, mostly football based on my short but wonderful time at Southend, and some who are rude, misinformed, rake up irrelevant jibes from 25 years ago. Friend or foe, that's fine with me.

But I'll tell you two facts. Absolute facts about me in 2021.

First is that I can afford to pay my milk bill so I don't need to chase around looking to do anything that I don't want to do. I've left broadcasters, harangued them over issues that ironically have proved me right in the last 48 hours ( Super League), taken some to court and won for illegality ( phone hacking) and stood alone at times in speaking out about many issues involved in our sport. So please, don't think for a minute that attaching myself in any way, shape or form to Southend United has any material benefit to me whatsoever. I do fine as I am, and am very happy as I am.

Uncouth? Yes.
Shouty? Yes
Blunt? Yes

Why? Because sometimes, again as we've seen in the last 48 hours, maintaining the status quo tends to see clubs eat themselves willingly, so I decide to crack the odd nut with a sledgehammer to make my points heard.

Secondly, the contacts I have in business and football get me immediately in front of the top 1% of people in global football. Just because you don't see me or hear me on the circuit of nodding pundits, again please don't think that I am not active. I see, speak and am regularly contacted by the biggest, and I mean biggest administrators, ex players and football business investors around.

In 2018 I was asked by RT ( Russian TV news channel/propaganda outlet/ tick as you like) to make a TV programme about the 2018 World Cup. Carter Blanche to contact people I knew, stories I wanted to cover, counties to visit.

These are the people I contacted directly, from my contacts book, with zero outside help ( I put a small team together to produce and help). Now I'll be modest, bit if you can find anyone bar Lineker, Neville and perhaps a very small handful of people in the sport who can call someone in Madrid at 4pm then sit down with them in the Real Madrid complex at 8pm, then please, please invite them into discuss Southend United as they will simply be able to dump an extraordinary amount of leads for you to give your club the best chance of survival, then progression.

This is purely for those who look ate as some kind of mouthy cartoon character. ??

All joined me for free, for hours, from Zico and Lineker's home to the run of Hagi's academy to Ramos and Carlos at Madrid football complex to Fatima Samoura, the most powerful woman in our sport, to the inside of the FA, Brazilian FA, Icelandic FA and beyond.

So all I'd ask, is that you park your "Collymore is a loud mouth, dogging wifebeater ", as only the loud mouth is relevant in 2021. You don't get access to these people easily unless you have some clout.

So I can afford to pay my milk bill and I can access a huge repository of potential support for a forward thinking project which would see stability, immediate fan representation ( i make zero apology for supporting 50+1 over 2 decades now) in the club structure and a guarantee of Football League football in future seasons.

That's it. That's the totality of an offer to Ron, Southend United and it's supporters. As I've offered several times in person to Ron over a decade ago, in a message to the club a week or more ago abd a number of times directly to you, the people who matter.

You all have a choice. Continue to maintain the status quo with Ron in Non League, hope that the culture of the club goes from abject and utter failure to Salford City-esque investment and bloody minded ladder climbing or open hearts and minds to anyone who wants the best for the club.

I proved my worth in the Championship at Southend, for 6 months only, granted, but the club were down and out before I arrived, the club got £3 million in the bank, a shiny stand and a solid platform to build from. These are facts.

Ive also gone on record a number of times, with zero benefit other than the truth, to say how proud and happy I was at Southend United in those 6 months and how the kindness and support I received helped not only my career on the pitch but my mental health in my darkest hours. Southend mattered, the support mattered.

If I never visit the Hall again, I'll be sad but I'll live.

If Southend United end up in Tier 8, I'll be sad but I'll live.

But the offer of only tangible, real time experience of a 30 year industry professional with Grade A contacts, genuine warmth and love for a club and it's support could only ever be scoffed at by an idiot or a billionaire.

If the club need me, for anything, without prejudice, they know where I am. As do you.

Stay safe.

Stanley Victor Collymore

Hey everyone, long time no speak.

Firstly, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in these extraordinary times, that trumps everything, including football.

Ive read a few posts on here a number of times, mostly football based on my short but wonderful time at Southend, and some who are rude, misinformed, rake up irrelevant jibes from 25 years ago. Friend or foe, that's fine with me.

But I'll tell you two facts. Absolute facts about me in 2021.

First is that I can afford to pay my milk bill so I don't need to chase around looking to do anything that I don't want to do. I've left broadcasters, harangued them over issues that ironically have proved me right in the last 48 hours ( Super League), taken some to court and won for illegality ( phone hacking) and stood alone at times in speaking out about many issues involved in our sport. So please, don't think for a minute that attaching myself in any way, shape or form to Southend United has any material benefit to me whatsoever. I do fine as I am, and am very happy as I am.

Uncouth? Yes.
Shouty? Yes
Blunt? Yes

Why? Because sometimes, again as we've seen in the last 48 hours, maintaining the status quo tends to see clubs eat themselves willingly, so I decide to crack the odd nut with a sledgehammer to make my points heard.

Secondly, the contacts I have in business and football get me immediately in front of the top 1% of people in global football. Just because you don't see me or hear me on the circuit of nodding pundits, again please don't think that I am not active. I see, speak and am regularly contacted by the biggest, and I mean biggest administrators, ex players and football business investors around.

In 2018 I was asked by RT ( Russian TV news channel/propaganda outlet/ tick as you like) to make a TV programme about the 2018 World Cup. Carter Blanche to contact people I knew, stories I wanted to cover, counties to visit.

These are the people I contacted directly, from my contacts book, with zero outside help ( I put a small team together to produce and help). Now I'll be modest, bit if you can find anyone bar Lineker, Neville and perhaps a very small handful of people in the sport who can call someone in Madrid at 4pm then sit down with them in the Real Madrid complex at 8pm, then please, please invite them into discuss Southend United as they will simply be able to dump an extraordinary amount of leads for you to give your club the best chance of survival, then progression.

This is purely for those who look ate as some kind of mouthy cartoon character. ??

All joined me for free, for hours, from Zico and Lineker's home to the run of Hagi's academy to Ramos and Carlos at Madrid football complex to Fatima Samoura, the most powerful woman in our sport, to the inside of the FA, Brazilian FA, Icelandic FA and beyond.

So all I'd ask, is that you park your "Collymore is a loud mouth, dogging wifebeater ", as only the loud mouth is relevant in 2021. You don't get access to these people easily unless you have some clout.

So I can afford to pay my milk bill and I can access a huge repository of potential support for a forward thinking project which would see stability, immediate fan representation ( i make zero apology for supporting 50+1 over 2 decades now) in the club structure and a guarantee of Football League football in future seasons.

That's it. That's the totality of an offer to Ron, Southend United and it's supporters. As I've offered several times in person to Ron over a decade ago, in a message to the club a week or more ago abd a number of times directly to you, the people who matter.

You all have a choice. Continue to maintain the status quo with Ron in Non League, hope that the culture of the club goes from abject and utter failure to Salford City-esque investment and bloody minded ladder climbing or open hearts and minds to anyone who wants the best for the club.

I proved my worth in the Championship at Southend, for 6 months only, granted, but the club were down and out before I arrived, the club got £3 million in the bank, a shiny stand and a solid platform to build from. These are facts.

Ive also gone on record a number of times, with zero benefit other than the truth, to say how proud and happy I was at Southend United in those 6 months and how the kindness and support I received helped not only my career on the pitch but my mental health in my darkest hours. Southend mattered, the support mattered.

If I never visit the Hall again, I'll be sad but I'll live.

If Southend United end up in Tier 8, I'll be sad but I'll live.

But the offer of only tangible, real time experience of a 30 year industry professional with Grade A contacts, genuine warmth and love for a club and it's support could only ever be scoffed at by an idiot or a billionaire.

If the club need me, for anything, without prejudice, they know where I am. As do you.

Stay safe.

Stanley Victor Collymore
All we need is some hope and a new dawn. We've sunk to the lowest depths and as a supporter from afar now who's grandfather was in the 1914 picture this really hurts

This all sounds great on paper but sadly it's pie in the sky without Ronald having any interest in doing the right thing and selling up.
Does RM need to sell up ,perhaps not ,perhaps he just needs to change his outlook on what he perceives is in his best interests ,RM as many times stated his love for this club, just perhaps if he would relent on his stubborn attitude sit down with Stan and maybe some of his contacts and listen to what they have to say ,these people know football i would say better than RM and surely can open his eyes to what he needs to do to make SUFC not just successful but also sustainable. I for one thank Stan for his interest and love of SUFC ,MY CLUB WHO I HAVE FERVENTLY FOLLOWED SINCE 1953.

Firstly, Stan, thank you for your continuing interest in our small, and (once) mighty Southend!

For the record, i agree - continuing to do the same old stuff gets you the same results, and this time our luck has run dry and we are going down to National League football for the first time in our history. This has been a decades long decline, despite the various flirtations with success, and the club now sits on the brink. As fans, we have a choice - limited obviously with the current ownership, players and league position, but we can choose to do nothing and hope for the best, or help to facilitate and negotiate changes for a rebuild of the club and a better future. By my reckoning, it will take very deep pockets to entice Ron to sell the club and lose his dream - which isnt just the money, its a status thing and an ego trip as well.

What i know is that despite the fan driven ESL victory, a small number of fans at a small, penniless club waving a few banners and threatening boycotts or whatever is just going to **** Ron off. That only succeeded because of the scale and massive ramifications, as well as universal opposition from the FA, the Premier league and Government. For a very small club like ours, as per Bury, Macclesfield etc, local lobbying and protests wont make a blind bit of difference or help. We are on a fast track to become the latest in a long sorry list of former EFL clubs, stuck in non-league, as has been shown a million times before at clubs up and down the country.

The ONLY way to get changes will be to work WITH Ron to establish his exit plans, work with the club to see what needs to happen to allow some control to be relinquished in the short to medium term. Stan is right, Ron is an experienced chairman, who has made some good decisions as well as some frankly disastrous decisions, and this cannot be overlooked. A return to fan led ownership needs serious financial and influential backing to elicit interest from Ron and grab his attention. No matter how good the Save Our Southend campaign is, it still needs serious planning to build a solid and viable proposition, it needs someone with passion to front it (Stan leading the line perhaps?), it needs passionate energy from us fans to do the legwork, and it needs to be done with the full inclusion of the Trust and other fan groups.

This brings me back to what i said a few weeks ago, and i offer again. I will help in whatever limited way i can, as i'm time limited as well as having no football club management experience! But the offer is there to use my experience of strategic business management, influencing change without financial or direct authority and my knowledge of working with people to help shape and inform change.

Thank you Ms Brush.
You summed it up here perfectly for me.

The ONLY way to get changes will be to work WITH Ron to establish his exit plans, work with the club to see what needs to happen to allow some control to be relinquished in the short to medium term.

I watched the video today, generally I was enthused about the good wishes.
As was said, this is all 'hot air' until we know Rons position.
The important thing, as far as I can see, is we need to accept what level we would be self sufficient at. No point having championship ambitions if mid Division 4 is where we are realistically financially.
By the way, well done @TrueBlue. I under estimated your ability initially, so credit where credit is due.

Hi Stan. I saw your first game for Southend, and I saw your last game. When you came here no one had heard of you. We were expecting relegation. The performances were terrible. The crowds were getting smaller. Who's this Collymore bloke? He won't make much difference to this shower. Boy was we wrong. A lot of fans missed your debut as they were protesting about Vic Jobson outside the ground. Without doubt, you saved us from relegation. It was an absolute pleasure to see quality on the pitch. It very soon became obvious that you was far too good for us, but we would enjoy the ride while it lasted. I have posted you debut goals below. Thank you for the memories. Thank you for saving us that season. The people at Southend, and those that worked at the club really took to you, and you responded. It was a perfect fit, as we're down to earth people, and so are you. I know you got genuinely emotional on paying a visit to Roots Hall a few years back, and walking on the pitch. You said it was your happiest time in football. Thank you for still showing the love, and that you care about our club. I think most on here would love you and a team or consortium come in and take over. Inject some cash and get the best players we can pay and attract, to see us back in League Two, and hopefully rise even further. But It's a situation where the Chairman has so far lost Millions. He only gets those Millions back and more, once the Fossetts Farm development happens. I bet he can't wait to bugger off. He will sell or rent out the flats, Hotel, shops, apartments, houses or whatever(keeps changing with the economic climate and the Council) and build a 3 sided stadium for us, leaving the new owners to build the expensive main stand. So you see Stan, he is stuck, so we are stuck. Unless he gets his money back and the pot of gold, he won't sell or give away the club, as the football club and Fossetts development is hand in hand, and I don't think the Council will allow it to be separate. He also needs the development money probably in an advanced cash deal or loan, to build the 3 sides.
But yes Stan. If you can do anything to help save our club, it would be so appreciated. This club is losing money hand over fist every month to be honest Stan. It is in danger of going out of business. The players we have at present are more likely to take us down again, rather than straight back up. If Ron Martin would at least talk to you, to explain his predicament, or even accept any help you would be able to give him in any way. That would be brilliant in my eyes. Like you say, you have the contacts in the whole world of football. They meet and listen to you. Any help in any way, no matter how big or how small, would be appreciated. Obviously after speaking and agreeing with the Chairman.
Thanks Again Stan. And apologies for being one of that rowdy lot that lifted you up, then tried to take your kit from you on the pitch, when we avoided relegation, Lol. Take it as a compliment, as we didn't want the other players kit.

Well said...I was there alone against Notts County on a wet day and a boggy pitch; Of course I was excited by his debut; he should have had 4 goals that day!
I remember being puzzled at selling off Ian Benjamin to Luton at the time and couldnt see what a winger from Palace with a dodgy footballing reputation could do!...Delighted to have been proven categorically wrong on this occasion!

We will all get behind his initiative because it may have legs and his intentions appear heartfelt and genuine.

I am a semi retired financial professional (No NOT accountancy!) and life long supporter from N London. Fortunately I have plenty of spare time and am happy to give my tuppence worth in any way that might help, or just as a friendly Gofer.

UTB

I wonder what, if anything, PB thinks of what is now going on here ? Can't imagine he's not aware of the groundswell building and whether he'd want to be involved in some way (and I'm not saying it'd be a good or bad thing - just curious).

I've not read the whole thread or the other Stan related ones, so I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else - but Stan actually played in the very 1st season of the National League or Alliance Premier League as it was then known back in 1989-90 when he was at Stafford Rangers and whilst times and teams have obviously changed his familiarity with and knowledge of the non-league game could be another valuable asset for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back