• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan here ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan collymore

Stanley Victor Collymore
Hey everyone, long time no speak.

Firstly, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in these extraordinary times, that trumps everything, including football.

Ive read a few posts on here a number of times, mostly football based on my short but wonderful time at Southend, and some who are rude, misinformed, rake up irrelevant jibes from 25 years ago. Friend or foe, that's fine with me.

But I'll tell you two facts. Absolute facts about me in 2021.

First is that I can afford to pay my milk bill so I don't need to chase around looking to do anything that I don't want to do. I've left broadcasters, harangued them over issues that ironically have proved me right in the last 48 hours ( Super League), taken some to court and won for illegality ( phone hacking) and stood alone at times in speaking out about many issues involved in our sport. So please, don't think for a minute that attaching myself in any way, shape or form to Southend United has any material benefit to me whatsoever. I do fine as I am, and am very happy as I am.

Uncouth? Yes.
Shouty? Yes
Blunt? Yes

Why? Because sometimes, again as we've seen in the last 48 hours, maintaining the status quo tends to see clubs eat themselves willingly, so I decide to crack the odd nut with a sledgehammer to make my points heard.

Secondly, the contacts I have in business and football get me immediately in front of the top 1% of people in global football. Just because you don't see me or hear me on the circuit of nodding pundits, again please don't think that I am not active. I see, speak and am regularly contacted by the biggest, and I mean biggest administrators, ex players and football business investors around.

In 2018 I was asked by RT ( Russian TV news channel/propaganda outlet/ tick as you like) to make a TV programme about the 2018 World Cup. Carter Blanche to contact people I knew, stories I wanted to cover, counties to visit.

These are the people I contacted directly, from my contacts book, with zero outside help ( I put a small team together to produce and help). Now I'll be modest, bit if you can find anyone bar Lineker, Neville and perhaps a very small handful of people in the sport who can call someone in Madrid at 4pm then sit down with them in the Real Madrid complex at 8pm, then please, please invite them into discuss Southend United as they will simply be able to dump an extraordinary amount of leads for you to give your club the best chance of survival, then progression.

This is purely for those who look ate as some kind of mouthy cartoon character. ??

All joined me for free, for hours, from Zico and Lineker's home to the run of Hagi's academy to Ramos and Carlos at Madrid football complex to Fatima Samoura, the most powerful woman in our sport, to the inside of the FA, Brazilian FA, Icelandic FA and beyond.

So all I'd ask, is that you park your "Collymore is a loud mouth, dogging wifebeater ", as only the loud mouth is relevant in 2021. You don't get access to these people easily unless you have some clout.

So I can afford to pay my milk bill and I can access a huge repository of potential support for a forward thinking project which would see stability, immediate fan representation ( i make zero apology for supporting 50+1 over 2 decades now) in the club structure and a guarantee of Football League football in future seasons.

That's it. That's the totality of an offer to Ron, Southend United and it's supporters. As I've offered several times in person to Ron over a decade ago, in a message to the club a week or more ago abd a number of times directly to you, the people who matter.

You all have a choice. Continue to maintain the status quo with Ron in Non League, hope that the culture of the club goes from abject and utter failure to Salford City-esque investment and bloody minded ladder climbing or open hearts and minds to anyone who wants the best for the club.

I proved my worth in the Championship at Southend, for 6 months only, granted, but the club were down and out before I arrived, the club got £3 million in the bank, a shiny stand and a solid platform to build from. These are facts.

Ive also gone on record a number of times, with zero benefit other than the truth, to say how proud and happy I was at Southend United in those 6 months and how the kindness and support I received helped not only my career on the pitch but my mental health in my darkest hours. Southend mattered, the support mattered.

If I never visit the Hall again, I'll be sad but I'll live.

If Southend United end up in Tier 8, I'll be sad but I'll live.

But the offer of only tangible, real time experience of a 30 year industry professional with Grade A contacts, genuine warmth and love for a club and it's support could only ever be scoffed at by an idiot or a billionaire.

If the club need me, for anything, without prejudice, they know where I am. As do you.

Stay safe.

Stanley Victor Collymore

Pele

Zico

Maradona

Sergio Ramos

Jose Mourinho

Dani Carvajal

Roberto Carlos

Fabio Cannavaro

Rene Higuita

Roberto di Matteo

Patrick Viera

Patrick Kluivert

Gary Lineker

Michel

Gheorghe Hagi

Sadour Azmoun

Roman Neustadter

Hristo Stoichkov

Davor Suker

Savo Milosevic

Savio

Roberto Martinez

Roberto Ayala

Peter Crouch

Les Ferdinand

Marcelo Gallardo

Saido Mane

Lukas Podolski

Nuno Gomes

Luis Figo

Luis Suarez

Andrea Pirlo

David Villa

Teofillo Cubillas

Alexei Lalas

Peter Shilton

Andrei Shevchenko

Rinat Dassaev

Frank Leboeuf

Gica Popescu

Paul Parker

Michel Salgado

David Trezeguet

David James

Pierre Van Hooijdonk

Lars Bohinen

Stanislav Cherchesov

Gareth Southgate

Antonio Rattin

Fernando Caceres

Juan Pablo Angel

Andres Guardado

Risa Durmisi

Heidur Halgrimsson

Gudni Bergsson

Leon Balogun

Robert Pires

Jermaine Jenas

Eric Dier

Kevin Kilbane

Kasper Schmeichel

Niklas Bendtner

Clarke Carlisle

Bob Bradley

Paolo Wanchope

Oliver Bierhoff

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Graeme Souness

Sol Campbell

Martin Dahlin

Freddie Llungberg

Mikel Silvestre

Ian Rush

John Barnes

Ruben Sosa

Iago Aspas

Jay Bothroyd

Dan Petrescu

The thing is Stan how much experience have your contacts or yourself in running a lower league football club?

Plenty of lower league clubs have flirted with sugar daddies and high profile investors only to end up in a worse position in the long run.

We don't need someone to bankroll us, we need someone with the experience to turn SUFC into a sustainable business.

Last edited:
Pele

Zico

Maradona

Sergio Ramos

Jose Mourinho

Dani Carvajal

Roberto Carlos

Fabio Cannavaro

Rene Higuita

Roberto di Matteo

Patrick Viera

Patrick Kluivert

Gary Lineker

Michel

Gheorghe Hagi

Sadour Azmoun

Roman Neustadter

Hristo Stoichkov

Davor Suker

Savo Milosevic

Savio

Roberto Martinez

Roberto Ayala

Peter Crouch

Les Ferdinand

Marcelo Gallardo

Saido Mane

Lukas Podolski

Nuno Gomes

Luis Figo

Luis Suarez

Andrea Pirlo

David Villa

Teofillo Cubillas

Alexei Lalas

Peter Shilton

Andrei Shevchenko

Rinat Dassaev

Frank Leboeuf

Gica Popescu

Paul Parker

Michel Salgado

David Trezeguet

David James

Pierre Van Hooijdonk

Lars Bohinen

Stanislav Cherchesov

Gareth Southgate

Antonio Rattin

Fernando Caceres

Juan Pablo Angel

Andres Guardado

Risa Durmisi

Heidur Halgrimsson

Gudni Bergsson

Leon Balogun

Robert Pires

Jermaine Jenas

Eric Dier

Kevin Kilbane

Kasper Schmeichel

Niklas Bendtner

Clarke Carlisle

Bob Bradley

Paolo Wanchope

Oliver Bierhoff

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Graeme Souness

Sol Campbell

Martin Dahlin

Freddie Llungberg

Mikel Silvestre

Ian Rush

John Barnes

Ruben Sosa

Iago Aspas

Jay Bothroyd

Dan Petrescu

Barry Fry.

Pele

Zico

Maradona

Sergio Ramos

Jose Mourinho

Dani Carvajal

Roberto Carlos

Fabio Cannavaro

Rene Higuita

Roberto di Matteo

Patrick Viera

Patrick Kluivert

Gary Lineker

Michel

Gheorghe Hagi

Sadour Azmoun

Roman Neustadter

Hristo Stoichkov

Davor Suker

Savo Milosevic

Savio

Roberto Martinez

Roberto Ayala

Peter Crouch

Les Ferdinand

Marcelo Gallardo

Saido Mane

Lukas Podolski

Nuno Gomes

Luis Figo

Luis Suarez

Andrea Pirlo

David Villa

Teofillo Cubillas

Alexei Lalas

Peter Shilton

Andrei Shevchenko

Rinat Dassaev

Frank Leboeuf

Gica Popescu

Paul Parker

Michel Salgado

David Trezeguet

David James

Pierre Van Hooijdonk

Lars Bohinen

Stanislav Cherchesov

Gareth Southgate

Antonio Rattin

Fernando Caceres

Juan Pablo Angel

Andres Guardado

Risa Durmisi

Heidur Halgrimsson

Gudni Bergsson

Leon Balogun

Robert Pires

Jermaine Jenas

Eric Dier

Kevin Kilbane

Kasper Schmeichel

Niklas Bendtner

Clarke Carlisle

Bob Bradley

Paolo Wanchope

Oliver Bierhoff

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Graeme Souness

Sol Campbell

Martin Dahlin

Freddie Llungberg

Mikel Silvestre

Ian Rush

John Barnes

Ruben Sosa

Iago Aspas

Jay Bothroyd

Dan Petrescu
Would be a pretty solid squad.

Pele

Zico

Maradona

Sergio Ramos

Jose Mourinho

Dani Carvajal

Roberto Carlos

Fabio Cannavaro

Rene Higuita

Roberto di Matteo

Patrick Viera

Patrick Kluivert

Gary Lineker

Michel

Gheorghe Hagi

Sadour Azmoun

Roman Neustadter

Hristo Stoichkov

Davor Suker

Savo Milosevic

Savio

Roberto Martinez

Roberto Ayala

Peter Crouch

Les Ferdinand

Marcelo Gallardo

Saido Mane

Lukas Podolski

Nuno Gomes

Luis Figo

Luis Suarez

Andrea Pirlo

David Villa

Teofillo Cubillas

Alexei Lalas

Peter Shilton

Andrei Shevchenko

Rinat Dassaev

Frank Leboeuf

Gica Popescu

Paul Parker

Michel Salgado

David Trezeguet

David James

Pierre Van Hooijdonk

Lars Bohinen

Stanislav Cherchesov

Gareth Southgate

Antonio Rattin

Fernando Caceres

Juan Pablo Angel

Andres Guardado

Risa Durmisi

Heidur Halgrimsson

Gudni Bergsson

Leon Balogun

Robert Pires

Jermaine Jenas

Eric Dier

Kevin Kilbane

Kasper Schmeichel

Niklas Bendtner

Clarke Carlisle

Bob Bradley

Paolo Wanchope

Oliver Bierhoff

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Graeme Souness

Sol Campbell

Martin Dahlin

Freddie Llungberg

Mikel Silvestre

Ian Rush

John Barnes

Ruben Sosa

Iago Aspas

Jay Bothroyd

Dan Petrescu
Bournemouth U/23s?

Stan, what would your advice be for the fans? We want the best for our club, we want to be proud of our club and the way it is run irrespective of where we are in the league... but I think we're struggling to come up with a united front to force Ron into the changes that we need to see.

Your offer of help is very much appreciated - would you be able to use your media contacts so more people can see what's happening?

The thing is Stan how much experience have your contacts or yourself in running a lower league football club?

Plenty of lower league clubs have flirted with sugar daddies only to end up in a worse position in the long run.

Well at least a dozen are involved daily on clubs across Europe .

But let's park that and say zero for arguments sake.

How many experienced football people have walked through the doors of Roots Hall in the last 25 years? And what has that lead to?

Ron Martin is an experienced owner and Phil Brown an experienced manager, along with a number of other experienced and long serving "football people".

Where's that got the club?

This is Southend United, not Manchester United, so with respect, if the bloke who just won £59m on the lottery bought the club and installed Sammy the Shrimp as CEO, can you guarantee they won't be more successful than the club regime who's going to enter Non League for the first time?

Plenty of lower league clubs have flirted with sugar daddies and high profile investors only to end up in a worse position in the long run.

We don't need someone to bankroll us, we need someone with the experience to turn SUFC into a sustainable business.

We need the money first to ensure we can build to becoming a sustainable business.

Why not hire people to run the club on the day-to-day basis? We've lacked a CEO for the last few years and it really hasn't helped.

Stan, what would your advice be for the fans? We want the best for our club, we want to be proud of our club and the way it is run irrespective of where we are in the league... but I think we're struggling to come up with a united front to force Ron into the changes that we need to see.

Your offer of help is very much appreciated - would you be able to use your media contacts so more people can see what's happening?

Agree with this - and welcome back Stan!

We’ve seen the massive difference fan power can make in respect of the ESL. What advice can you give us to get us all pulling in the right direction and make ourselves heard? Personally, as mentioned above, if you can reach out to Ron and you have the door slammed in your face, I think that would be helpful for us to know as fans.

Dear Stan, thanks for some great memories. You are relatable to many people who love football throughout the country and beyond. You are relatable to the hard core Blues fans. Your offer may indeed be the tonic the club needs. Personally I would say thanks but no thanks. Stay as you are, a legend to many but don't try and elevate to Messiah. For me, as radical as it seems, we actually need someone who has the club and the town in his/her heart. A born and bred saarfender. Someone who has longevity and continuity to offer the club.

A consortium of stars is a dream of many but for me, often, that means a financial investment over love for the club and the community. Financial interests are finite but the love is eternal. We need someone respected in the town that can liaise beyond football, such as with the council, and is receptive to the needs of the club and the impact on the community.

I can but dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back