• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan here ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you get to go to the AGM. You can say what you like there. Shares don't always give a monetary return anyway. Have you never read the small print. I've had lots of shares at one time and I can't remember the last time the bosses at Astrazeneca wanted my opinion.
Great post Stan. And from a true fan favourite. I bet too the record number of likes for one post. And to have your own milk account. We are in the presence of greatness.

Hi Stan. I saw your first game for Southend, and I saw your last game. When you came here no one had heard of you. We were expecting relegation. The performances were terrible. The crowds were getting smaller. Who's this Collymore bloke? He won't make much difference to this shower. Boy was we wrong. A lot of fans missed your debut as they were protesting about Vic Jobson outside the ground. Without doubt, you saved us from relegation. It was an absolute pleasure to see quality on the pitch. It very soon became obvious that you was far too good for us, but we would enjoy the ride while it lasted. I have posted you debut goals below. Thank you for the memories. Thank you for saving us that season. The people at Southend, and those that worked at the club really took to you, and you responded. It was a perfect fit, as we're down to earth people, and so are you. I know you got genuinely emotional on paying a visit to Roots Hall a few years back, and walking on the pitch. You said it was your happiest time in football. Thank you for still showing the love, and that you care about our club. I think most on here would love you and a team or consortium come in and take over. Inject some cash and get the best players we can pay and attract, to see us back in League Two, and hopefully rise even further. But It's a situation where the Chairman has so far lost Millions. He only gets those Millions back and more, once the Fossetts Farm development happens. I bet he can't wait to bugger off. He will sell or rent out the flats, Hotel, shops, apartments, houses or whatever(keeps changing with the economic climate and the Council) and build a 3 sided stadium for us, leaving the new owners to build the expensive main stand. So you see Stan, he is stuck, so we are stuck. Unless he gets his money back and the pot of gold, he won't sell or give away the club, as the football club and Fossetts development is hand in hand, and I don't think the Council will allow it to be separate. He also needs the development money probably in an advanced cash deal or loan, to build the 3 sides.
But yes Stan. If you can do anything to help save our club, it would be so appreciated. This club is losing money hand over fist every month to be honest Stan. It is in danger of going out of business. The players we have at present are more likely to take us down again, rather than straight back up. If Ron Martin would at least talk to you, to explain his predicament, or even accept any help you would be able to give him in any way. That would be brilliant in my eyes. Like you say, you have the contacts in the whole world of football. They meet and listen to you. Any help in any way, no matter how big or how small, would be appreciated. Obviously after speaking and agreeing with the Chairman.
Thanks Again Stan. And apologies for being one of that rowdy lot that lifted you up, then tried to take your kit from you on the pitch, when we avoided relegation, Lol. Take it as a compliment, as we didn't want the other players kit.

Not true. I and some of mates knew Stan was at Crystal Palace, we just didnt know how good he was. After 90 mins against Notts County we realised we had got a bloody genius!

Actually you get to go to the AGM. You can say what you like there. Shares don't always give a monetary return anyway. Have you never read the small print. I've had lots of shares at one time and I can't remember the last time the bosses at Astrazeneca wanted my opinion.

I've must have been lucky then with shares I've owned in the past, I've always got a dividend payment.

Astrazeneca isn't exactly Southend United is it. Why don't share holders take legal action against the club, just saying.

And as for the small print, who ever reads that.

3rd of April, 3pm.

I've sent emails in recent years, nothing, so as I do with Premier League or other clubs I'll drop a DM.

Most clubs get back to me in a minute or an hour. To date Southend United is the only club that haven't replied.

Now if this is the way a half decent player for the club is blanked then me nor anyone else is in a position to offer anything to the club.

I'm sure, absolutely sure that there is no mal intent from Ron towards the club as I'm sure there wasn't from Vic Jobson back in the day, but until someone in authority opens the door to as many ideas and possibilities as practicable then a relegation or financial collapse becomes inevitable.

I've been at Old Trafford, Anfield, Wembley working over the years and a positive Southend result comes through in League 1, and I'm happy, because the club are fine and competing. I contacted the club on the 3rd because the offer of any help to Ron and the club is only a sign of wanting the club to be stable.

Step one is simple, for Ron to open the door.

Step two is an honest appraisal of what his plan to get back is and who will lead that charge.

Step three is his willingness to sell and what is his price.

Step four and most important step is whether Ron wants to continue or not, to have the Supporters Trust given a role in the structure of the club, an ability to invest and make decisions in a restructuring of the board.

It is an absolute ****ing nonsense that English football fans feel this is some kind of unattainable Everest while their German counterparts have it as a birthright.

So the good Sheikh Mansour himself could be waiting in the wings but unless Ron decides to pick up his phone and engage and be open to change then everyone is wasting their time.

260A89DA-B0C0-49AA-9032-32B88494366D.jpeg

The ownership and buying of Southend United would be an absolute mess.

The only way it could be done is if 'The Club' Southend United is sold to new owners. With some crazy contract in place regarding the rights to usage of Roots Hall and Training Ground and the future right of tenancy or ownership of the new ground.

As a club, we are worth £0, we have £0 in assets and have a huge debt book. Anyone buying the club (unless they manage to find a way of buying Roots Hall within the deal and let RM get on with FF which if just housing would be easy) would be doing nothing but buying the debt.

If I can be of any help drop me an email jack@jxlsport.co.uk

3rd of April, 3pm.

I've sent emails in recent years, nothing, so as I do with Premier League or other clubs I'll drop a DM.

Most clubs get back to me in a minute or an hour. To date Southend United is the only club that haven't replied.

Now if this is the way a half decent player for the club is blanked then me nor anyone else is in a position to offer anything to the club.

I'm sure, absolutely sure that there is no mal intent from Ron towards the club as I'm sure there wasn't from Vic Jobson back in the day, but until someone in authority opens the door to as many ideas and possibilities as practicable then a relegation or financial collapse becomes inevitable.

I've been at Old Trafford, Anfield, Wembley working over the years and a positive Southend result comes through in League 1, and I'm happy, because the club are fine and competing. I contacted the club on the 3rd because the offer of any help to Ron and the club is only a sign of wanting the club to be stable.

Step two is an honest appraisal of what his plan to get back is and who will lead that charge.

Step four and most important step is whether Ron wants to continue or not, to have the Supporters Trust given a role in the structure of the club, an ability to invest and make decisions in a restructuring of the board.

It is an absolute ****ing nonsense that English football fans feel this is some kind of unattainable Everest while their German counterparts have it as a birthright.

So the good Sheikh Mansour himself could be waiting in the wings but unless Ron decides to pick up his phone and engage and be open to change then everyone is wasting their time.

View attachment 15351

Please check your private messages!

If Stan got involved it seems that his contacts would be football people which would be encouraging. The past few days has highlighted the likes of the greedy USA business moguls who own Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool. They are only interested in making money with no interest whatsoever in our beautiful game, never bothering to attend matches. The USA sport franchise model would kill the game as we know it.

YB, I agree with you on this - we seem screwed either way. so what do you think would be our (barely) realistic best case scenario?

it seems to me that anyone buying us on a commercial basis would simply do similar to Ron Martin - the value is in the land and we need to be rehoused for someone to unlock that. With the struggle of retail/commercial there seems economic benefit in building anything other that a basic stadium.

So is the only solution someone paying over the odds through passion to take control of the clubs, or we go bust and start again somewhere?

Best case (barely) realistic scenario is probably Ron getting his stadium and houses built at which point he'll look to off-load the club. If there are no investors wanting to buy it, he hands the club over to the Supporters Trust and retires.

Great to have you back on here @stan collymore - other than this year's calendar there's only one Southend player whose picture is on my wall - you are, sir, a genuine club legend so thank you for showing us your support.
Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 16.26.45.png

Ron's property development dream is getting closer now and one has to question after it's been achieved whether he'd still be as interested in the club as it is no longer a means to an end.

In that case, provided it were watertight (for the new owner), what would be to stop him writing off the debts (as he has promised) and selling the club to someone else with a long lease on the stadium and training ground (at an agreed rent)? He could install himself as life president or something, and sell the majority shareholding to the Collymore Consortium.

If the Council could agree some kind of restrictive covenant on the land (or even take over the freehold themselves) that would give some protection

Ron would have a nice lumpsum windfall and the promise of a regular rental income too.

It's not such a bad deal for him when you think about it.....

Dare we dream?

This is ****ing brilliant. What should happen is the ownership should be redistributed. Ron Martin can keep his thumb in his land and stadium building pie. But a few people who understand the game take charge of the footballing side.

If I won the euro millions I'd be on the door step giving Ron whatever he wanted.

I'm sure some type of agreement could be agreed eventually. If Ron put his pride and ego aside it would lead to something interesting and worthwhile.

You care about the club Ron? Well, prove it. By admitting you need footballing input.

3rd of April, 3pm.

View attachment 15351
Great offer Stan, but unfortunately Ron is selfish, stubborn and arrogant . And does not take to any suggestions into running his club.
If he had taken your offer of help at earlier days and you could have pointed a couple of strikers our way, we may not have the hang mans noose around our neck awaiting the trap door to spring.
Hope you get a call from Ron, the club is at an end as I see it.
I'm not good at writing posts, but I am sure you get the gist of things here .
Thank you buddy.

Just the fact that at this moment in time there is an embryonic alternative to sailing along on an unchanging course on the RMS Ron Martin has cheered me up this afternoon.

I would concur with every voice aired that getting RM to sell up, without a return on his not inconsiderable investments AND returns on the potential redevelopment of Roots Hall is not going to be easy.

In fact, although I have no insight, I would suggest it is similar, obviously not exactly the same situation or scale, as Chelsea were in, when Mathew Harding got involved and Ron Bates was made an acceptable offer to move on to pastures new. Now the sums of money involved may not be the same, but they are far from insignificant and shows the size that any successful venture would need to be. Therefore meaning that outside involvement from the town would probably need to be involved, though not for definite.

That is why it would be imperative to have someone involved who could be a focal point and an influencer within the game and have financial contacts to bring any such scheme into fruition.

Carrying the fans with them, again, as Mathew Harding did from memory, is also highly important.

Therefore, if there are any legs whatsoever in what Stan is proposing, I am in, in whatever small capacity I can assist in whatsoever and I would recommend the same to anyone else if this shows any signs at all in getting off of the ground. Shrimpers Trust, Save Our Southend and any other fan groups must be included in any dialogue so a united front can be assembled and after the last twenty odd years, clarity and transparency is a must.

For the offer and at this hugely early stage of a possible alternative, Stan - Thank you!
Just for reference, Matthew Harding didn't take a controlling interest in Chelsea; Ken Bates was far too canny for that.
What did for the Bates boy was believing Abramovich was also 'investing' in the club, only to discover he had cleverly marshalled a takeover.
Harding was something of an antidote to the often acid, abrasive Bates who enjoyed winding up folk, but was vulnerable and often kinder than one would imagine.
I had personal experience.

Great to hear from you, Stan.
Like others have said, just the fact you're still interested in the club is a welcome tonic for a terrible illness.
We first ran into each other when you were on loan at Fulham, and I was given special instructions on what I could and could not ask, lol! Remember, that chirpy chappy Paul Bracewell was in charge.
Later, at the Reform Club, your book launch and in the QPR press box, we discussed how much you mean to Southend fans. I know/knew it means a lot.
BUT good luck in getting an answer from Ron.
Does he still harbour suspicions after your name was in the hat to become manager in 2000/1?
Don't bet against it, but at least it's out there.

I've must have been lucky then with shares I've owned in the past, I've always got a dividend payment.

Astrazeneca isn't exactly Southend United is it. Why don't share holders take legal action against the club, just saying.

And as for the small print, who ever reads that.

The shares were never pitched by the Club as being an actual investment and it was discussed at length on here and elsewhere on line that they weren't an actual investment. They were sold as a way to help financially support the Club. I believe almost everyone who 'invested' at that time did so with their eyes open.

We've done that one, many fans bought shares years ago and they're not worth toffies.

thats cos you bought shares in a RM company .... from a guy called Ron Martin.

This time you would be buying shares with voting rights in a FANS company -
the Pompey fans bought the cub - ran it for some years and then sold it to a guy from Disney.

I personally think their are enough good brains in the fan base to run a company well
enough to run a lower league football club ...

Shareholders vote people onto the board ... who run the club and if we don't like how they do it we vote them out ...

If Stan or Beckham or anyone else want to put in larger amounts they get more votes ... IF that is the way the company is set up

Anyway .. lethope something good comes fromthis situation

Stan

Good to hear from you again. Yes, do please have a go at trying to get through to Ron - he will only listen to himself but we gotta try so thank you at least for that

Good to also see that Harry Redknapp is not on your contact list - the one exception is that amazingly Ron listens to him, it tends to not end well.

All we have at the moment is our history, and in running the ex players association (SUEPA, of which of course you are a member) it is something to be proud of, but we also want a future .....

If you have looked on other posts you'll have seen one about a video reflecting on our past and some of those who have contributed to it - you are on it. The backing tune is somewhat haunting. If you can give it a tweet to help it reach a wider audience and maybe bring a bit more attention to our situation that would be great.

The YouTube link:

Cheers,
Andy
PS not given up on the Hall of Fame event, we'll hopefully get you to that when it is resurected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back