• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Don't want to hear any rubbish about injuries, tired players blah, blah, blah. You've arguably had access to a better playing pool than your predecessors over last 3-4 seasons. Every club has a poor run of form, fair enough. Time to prove you 'pedigree'

Don't want to hear any rubbish about injuries, tired players blah, blah, blah. You've arguably had access to a better playing pool than your predecessors over last 3-4 seasons. Every club has a poor run of form, fair enough. Time to prove you 'pedigree'

Really? I believe he has had access to the smallest player pool and least number of transfers in than his predecessors.

I may be in the minority but I am convinced the heavy pitches due to this terrible weather is to blame.
our passing and all action combative style of play is not conducive to heavy pitches. On flat dry pitches our players ran the opposition ragged all game and Atkinson amongst others was chasing down lost causes into injury time. The pitches are taking their toll and energy levels have been sapped. You may not agree but hey what do I care.
Oh and the fact we don't have a lethal striker and we are missing Prosser.
whilst I agree he has a better pool of players, he has made them a better pool and just think what would have been if Tomlin and Assombolonga hadn't left.
ifs buts and maybes but we are also going through that stage where luck has deserted us. Every since the Hull game the ball will not fall for us in the box and other teams are scoring fantastic goals at times. It's football and these things happen.
I am sure he will pull it round and fancy another Wembley day out

up the Blues !

I may be in the minority but I am convinced the heavy pitches due to this terrible weather is to blame.

Then adapt to the conditions. If Torquay and Northampton can do it, why not us?
Whilst I admire a manager for not pressing the panic button, my criticism of Brown is that he hasn't tried different things when results and performances have been continually bad. We only finally got a formation change at Northampton and that was because we didn't have 2 fit centre halves.

I think in his second season Paul Sturrock had access to more players and a larger budget than Brown has now.

our passing and all action combative style of play is not conducive to heavy pitches. On flat dry pitches our players ran the opposition ragged all game and Atkinson amongst others was chasing down lost causes into injury time. The pitches are taking their toll and energy levels have been sapped. You may not agree but hey what do I care.
whilst I agree he has a better pool of players, he has made them a better pool and just think what would have been if Tomlin and Assombolonga hadn't left.
ifs buts and maybes but we are also going through that stage where luck has deserted us. Every since the Hull game the ball will not fall for us in the box and other teams are scoring fantastic goals at times. It's football and these things happen.

up the Blues !

Absolutely spot on post. Agree with everything you say. For Browny and the players to have achieved what they have done up to the Hull game was fantastic, and I've no doubt they will come good again. Keep the faith.

Then adapt to the conditions. If Torquay and Northampton can do it, why not us?
Whilst I admire a manager for not pressing the panic button, my criticism of Brown is that he hasn't tried different things when results and performances have been continually bad. We only finally got a formation change at Northampton and that was because we didn't have 2 fit centre halves.
This. Pitches have been our downfall but we have to be versatile. Go on long enough, back on track today I reckon / hope

up the Blues !
u hit the nail on the head with that post the boys will come good and we will be the team in form in the playoffs

I think we need to remember the Hartlepool game on another day would have seen us score a bucket load (and concede a few). How that defender got his toe to jam the ball between it and the post after it beat the keeper i'll never know.

Lady luck has been on vacation and I believe I saw here getting off an Easy Jet Plane this morning and she was hailing a taxi for Roots Hall.

:winking:

I think we need to remember the Hartlepool game on another day would have seen us score a bucket load (and concede a few). How that defender got his toe to jam the ball between it and the post after it beat the keeper i'll never know.

Lady luck has been on vacation and I believe I saw here getting off an Easy Jet Plane this morning and she was hailing a taxi for Roots Hall.

:winking:
Sadly she just got mugged by Mr Doom & Gloom outside the Superpizza & we are now destined for a last minute 1-0 defeat.

Really? I believe he has had access to the smallest player pool and least number of transfers in than his predecessors.

At least in part because of his decision to treble his support staff. Remember for example Sturrock deciding to do away with his goalkeeping coach as he wanted to spend that money on his squad instead. Well Brown decided he wanted an assistant manager in Penney and a chief scout in Chief Scout Bob Shaw on top of Coughlan who was Sturrock's (player!) coach.

For the record Brown's signed 9 new players and brought in a further 5 on loan

He's given new deals to half a dozen or so players he inherited from Sturrock and has given professional contracts to 7(?) youth players.

Back