• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Star Wars fans: a warning

This is a warning to all you Star Wars fans out there that if Darth Vader and R2D2 were ever to have sex this would be the heinous result:

View attachment 1952

Even worse, put two big ears on that, and it's probably what'll be served up now that washed up mouse has bought the franchise. Star Wars 7 due out in 2014, produced by Disney....if there truly is a God, he will stop this happening.

LEAVE STAR WARS ALONE!

Even worse, put two big ears on that, and it's probably what'll be served up now that washed up mouse has bought the franchise. Star Wars 7 due out in 2014, produced by Disney....if there truly is a God, he will stop this happening.

LEAVE STAR WARS ALONE!

This has been touched upon elsewhere, but Disney aren't stupid. They'll have seen how episodes 1-3 angered folk and won't want to upset hardcore Star Wars fans. I wasn't all that chuffed when I first heard this, but I've come right round to it now.

This seems as good a time as any to post a pic of Princess Leia.

Princess_Leia_chained_to_Jabba_small.jpg

Star Wars is in much saver hands with Disney than with Lucas, that's for sure.

Must say I'm warming to the idea. Be great if Star Wars 7 was a 12 :winking:

Guess it relies who they get to direct it - Brad Bird = Yes. Andrew Stanton = No, no, no, for gods sake no.

This. Lucas' filmography of the last 20 years reads like a Razzie shortlist.

I don't know. The difficulty with the prequel's is that they were always going to be compared to the original trilogy. If Star Wars never existed before the prequel's, they wouldn't of got anywhere near as much criticism as they did. As standalone films, RotS is excellent, AotC is very good, and while The Phantom Meance is considerably weakened by the inclusion of some below par child acting (seems very harsh to attack an 8 year old boys acting ability), midicloreans and of course Jar Jar, it still has two of the franchise's best scenes in the Pod Race & Duel of Fates.

Can anyone honestly say that the Ewok induced Jedi is better than Sith? Nostalgia and fan boy-ism always rules this debate, as opposed to actually what is the better film. I'm a humongous fan boy (this could be why I'm a little more inclined to take it easier on the prequels), and the original's massively influenced me, and still does. As a grown man I still have to physically force myself pass any Star Wars paraphernalia without buying it. But I think if you detach the 6 movies from one another, and look at them without the nostalgia and standard fan boy critique of 'You can never beat the original's just because they're the originals', I think the prequel's aren't as bad as we're led to believe.

The opinion of this humble fan boy anyway.

Staying with Lucas films, has anyone seen Red Tails yet? I have it at home to watch, but don't have any expectations as don't really know much about it, outside of it being Lucas and about aerial dogfights.

Must say I'm warming to the idea. Be great if Star Wars 7 was a 12 :winking:

Guess it relies who they get to direct it - Brad Bird = Yes. Andrew Stanton = No, no, no, for gods sake no.

I'd say it's unlikely to be Bird, as he's currently working on a project based on the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake. Stanton, meanwhile, is on Finding Nemo 2.

I don't know. The difficulty with the prequel's is that they were always going to be compared to the original trilogy. If Star Wars never existed before the prequel's, they wouldn't of got anywhere near as much criticism as they did. As standalone films, RotS is excellent, AotC is very good, and while The Phantom Meance is considerably weakened by the inclusion of some below par child acting (seems very harsh to attack an 8 year old boys acting ability), midicloreans and of course Jar Jar, it still has two of the franchise's best scenes in the Pod Race & Duel of Fates.

Can anyone honestly say that the Ewok induced Jedi is better than Sith? Nostalgia and fan boy-ism always rules this debate, as opposed to actually what is the better film. I'm a humongous fan boy (this could be why I'm a little more inclined to take it easier on the prequels), and the original's massively influenced me, and still does. As a grown man I still have to physically force myself pass any Star Wars paraphernalia without buying it. But I think if you detach the 6 movies from one another, and look at them without the nostalgia and standard fan boy critique of 'You can never beat the original's just because they're the originals', I think the prequel's aren't as bad as we're led to believe.

Staying with Lucas films, has anyone seen Red Tails yet? I have it at home to watch, but don't have any expectations as don't really know much about it, outside of it being Lucas and about aerial dogfights.

Which is all well and good, but Lucas should've been sectioned if he thought the last Indiana Jones film was doing the franchise justice.

While I agree, the Ewoks make the Empire look incredibly dim (aided and abetted by the AT-ATs, just about the single worst attack vehicle I have ever seen), ROTJ was a work of art for its time.

It's going up against Avengers 2 however. And, quite possibly, Justice League. Besides, you can get the plot of this purported trilogy in book form anyway.

Whilst Jedi loses its way and becomes a clone of the original, the opening scenes up to Jabba's barge is just some great, great cinema. The prequels were;

a) Boring in the extreme - Ooh, trade wars. Sexy.
b) Let down by some abysmal "acting" from Haydn Wooden Christansen.
c) Laboured by including C3P0 and R2D2.

The end of ROTS was ludicrous! The technology levels suddenly drop.

Have to say when I heard about this yesterday I did facepalm. I can't imagine it'll be much cop, although I'd love to be proved wrong and will surely head to the cinema in 2015 when VII is due.

There is some good source material if they base it the books which I read a number of back when I was 15-18, Leia becomes a politician, rogue Empirial Commanders become warlords, Leia & Han have twins, Luke turns to the Dark side, the emporer returns...

Back