• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
The original three "Star Wars" films — among the most anticipated on DVD — will be released in the digital format Sept. 21 in North America, LucasFilm Ltd. and 20th Century Fox announced Tuesday.

A price for the package and international release dates were to be revealed later.

The original "Star Wars" movie from 1977 — now titled "Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope" because of the newer prequels — will be compiled in a four-disc collection along with the follow-ups "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."

"For all the fans who've been watching VHS and wearing out tapes, this will be a leap into hyperspace," said Jim Ward, a Lucasfilm marketer and DVD executive producer.

The fourth disc will be for bonus features, including what the companies described as "the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the `Star Wars' saga" and archive footage from the making of all three films.

They were re-released in theaters in "special edition" versions in 1997 that included touched-up effects and some new scenes.

The versions on DVD will feature only the special editions, LucasFilm spokeswoman Lynn Hale said.

Even though many fans of the original movies had hoped the rougher, unaltered films would also be provided, Ward said there wasn't much debate about whether to release the unaltered originals.

"The official definitive versions are the 1997 special editions. That's the version the artist, in this case George Lucas (news), intended to be seen," he said.

There have been two prequels since "Return of the Jedi" wrapped up the original series in 1983.

"Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace" debuted in 1999, followed by "Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones" in 2002. Both are already available on DVD and will not be included in the original trilogy package in September.

The yet-untitled third prequel recently wrapped principal photography and is set for release in 2005

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2004,10:44)]The original "Star Wars" movie from 1977 — now titled "Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope" because of the newer prequels
it always was called that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ Feb. 11 2004,11:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2004,10:44)]The original "Star Wars" movie from 1977 — now titled "Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope" because of the newer prequels
it always was called that
*Puts on star wars geek mode*

Actually, for the first year, it was just called Star Wars. When Lucas realised he could make a series out of it thanks to its success, he called it episode 4 in the hope of making prequels sometime in the future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2004,10:44)]The original three "Star Wars" films — among the most anticipated on DVD — will be released in the digital format Sept. 21 in North America, LucasFilm Ltd. and 20th Century Fox announced Tuesday.

A price for the package and international release dates were to be revealed later.
About flaming time too
biggrin.gif

I s'pose it's cost about the same as the Indiana Jones box set?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian C @ Feb. 11 2004,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2004,10:44)]The original three "Star Wars" films — among the most anticipated on DVD — will be released in the digital format Sept. 21 in North America, LucasFilm Ltd. and 20th Century Fox announced Tuesday.

About flaming time too
biggrin.gif

I s'pose it's cost about the same as the Indiana Jones box set?
Who knows? I just hope one of the extras will be the Chewbacca holiday special...

Still don't like the Special Editions, though, so I'll keep the VHS versions of the originals as well...

I heard that George Lucas being the master "tinker-er" is adding some extra footage into the original 3 to make this the special-special-deluxe-directors cut-flannel shirt edition.

seriously though - I hear that in the Return of the Jedi DVD version, Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman will be added in "blue ghost form" at the bit where we see (old) Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda as ghosts.

I will have sole rights to supply you johnny foreigners in the uk as i will be able to get it early.you then of course can have bragging rights before all your friends.There will of course be a nominal fee,and knowing how much more expensive dvds are over there it will still work out a bargain.I WILL BE THE NEXT ARFUR DALEY!!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Feb. 11 2004,22:17)]I will have sole rights to supply you johnny foreigners in the uk as i will be able to get it early.you then of course can have bragging rights before all your friends.There will of course be a nominal fee,and knowing how much more expensive dvds are over there it will still work out a bargain.I WILL BE THE NEXT ARFUR DALEY!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you'll be out of luck there, I reckon they will do a simultaneous release date as with Ep I and II to stop Region 1 (US and Canada) getting it months before we do.

Back