• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Starsuckers

MK Shrimper

Striker
Thought I'd give this docu/film it's own thread as it was one of the finest, eye opening bits of TV that I've ever seen. Originally on More 4 this week, it's a stunning expose of how the media manipulates everything from the Red Tops, up to our perceptions of politicians and their links to such "worthy" things like Live Aid/Live 8.

Well worth taping, Sky+'ing etc if it's repeated or show on Channel 4....the scales will fall from your eyes and you'll never believe a single word in the tabloids again.

I meant to watch this but kept missing it... I studied media manipulation a little at University and it is shocking how certain individuals control large parts of what is seen/read these days.

A fine example of this is the difference between Fox and CNN's coverage of the US election.

Its not really that shocking ... i.e its been going one for so long really . Also has little to do with poltical agendas eitehr just the ideals of these individuals .

Also has little to do with political agendas either just the ideals of these individuals .

Watch it Osy, it'll show how Blair & co took the heat of the G8 summit by allowing Geldof to put on pop concerts the same day as the summit, therefore taking all the heat off. Therefore a huge march of 250,000 in Glasgow gets a few lines while Madonna saying "****" gets the front pages.

Cheers for the link MK... Seen about an hour of it so far and the opening scene with the Children disgusted me a little, but I can't say I'm surprised at all.

PR is an industry I've been looking at recently, but I wouldn't get involved with the kind of PR shown here as I actually have a soul. The "mogul" featured from Neon is a **** of the highest order and is a disgrace to the industry.

Cheers for the link MK... Seen about an hour of it so far and the opening scene with the Children disgusted me a little, but I can't say I'm surprised at all.

PR is an industry I've been looking at recently, but I wouldn't get involved with the kind of PR shown here as I actually have a soul. The "mogul" featured from Neon is a **** of the highest order and is a disgrace to the industry.

Then you'd probably get sacked and replaced with someone who'd sell their granny for a front page story, unless you don't write for a tabloid. The Sunday Express comes out of it well, whereas NOTW, Mirror etc come over as pure scum.

Then you'd probably get sacked and replaced with someone who'd sell their granny for a front page story, unless you don't write for a tabloid. The Sunday Express comes out of it well, whereas NOTW, Mirror etc come over as pure scum.

Indeed... As much as I don't like the Express (There are only enough Diana stories you can print before it becomes tiresome) the guy who answered the call at least knew the PCC code and knew not to touch the story with a barge pole.

Fortunately, not all PR agencies are gossip mongering scum.

MK: Not disputing any one of (and burying bad news has alwasy been a prioity , as Jim Hacker and Sir Humprey demonstrated ;) )

Ill watch but there's nothing new :D

P.S. The child the film loosely focuses on will be the next Corey Haim and will be lucky to see 26.

Been watching it... and really nothing new . It started big time from teh work's of the birth of Psychotherapy which was taken whole scale in the late 40's early 50's, which helped birth what we know as the marketing and media indusry (As well as the best way to control.. err i mean make people happyer in their life and work ;) .

Now for most of human civilization its been there in one way or another (worship the burning bush , a messiah will come lead us ... are you sure eating pomegranates is a good idea mother ?) .

Now what reason do you think the likes of say Emily Pankhurst , Aliester Crowley , Tim Leary and Lenny Bruce are oft decried or proclaimed evil or wicked ? Ghandi , Lennon. The strange man lady who lived in the odd house the other side of your road as you grew up ... All those strange stories that were made up about them .

Did you never wonder to go ask them your self ?

Back