• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
Well here we are after the first few games of the Brown era. The ethos certainly seems to that of a hard working physical side that likes to play football when in possession. Many posters on here (including myself) had concerns about the back four as well as the possibility of our front two not scoring enough. Credit to the back four, looking well organised and tenacious while doing the job. They have been protected by (and this is my biggest surprise) a very determined ryan leonard. As for the front two both have scored game winning goals..... ..cant ask for more than that.

In reality the squad is still paper thin and already having to cope with injuries and suspension. Reid will really have to step up next week and whos to say he wont, big opportunity for the lad. The apparent transformation of straker is nice to see (like a new signing tbh) atkinson is looking like the pick of the signings..........oh and a certain Mr Timlin must be chomping at the bit.

Well here we are after the first few games of the Brown era. The ethos certainly seems to that of a hard working physical side that likes to play football when in possession. Many posters on here (including myself) had concerns about the back four as well as the possibility of our front two not scoring enough. Credit to the back four, looking well organised and tenacious while doing the job. They have been protected by (and this is my biggest surprise) a very determined ryan leonard. As for the front two both have scored game winning goals..... ..cant ask for more than that.

Have said all along Leonard is a good player, if, as we heard last season, his fitness issues were down to a slight difference in leg length, then seems as if all the hard work to sort the issue out is finally reaping some benefits. He's taken a few knocks in games as well, the type that, previously, would have seen him miss the next one. Well done to Ryan, and presumably, to Ben Clarkson and his crew for all their work.

Said in the summer have to give the guy a chance. Very well people certain are not right people for certain jobs but if you allow them time they may just do ok. Alright the League is 2 games in but so far couldn't have asked for much more. The second half yesterday was a test of real mental endurance and the players provided a peformance of calmness, control and calcuylation and the reward was what they got out of it. a win and a clean sheet. someone needs to tell barry corr that however innocous you cannot raise hands in any way and gamble on the refs interpretation of it. so things ok at the moment but as ever with us to build up consistency and thats been a cliche of being a hard thing to do. must leave about the combination for the goal involving will atkinson and freddy. said in the week how these two can be big players for us and their link up yesterday made me shout out 1 or 2 sighs. thought i'd mention that.

Have said all along Leonard is a good player, if, as we heard last season, his fitness issues were down to a slight difference in leg length, then seems as if all the hard work to sort the issue out is finally reaping some benefits. He's taken a few knocks in games as well, the type that, previously, would have seen him miss the next one. Well done to Ryan, and presumably, to Ben Clarkson and his crew for all their work.

Statistically Young Blue Lady the team often fares well when Ryan Leonard is playing. nice to see him appearing to be a bit more authoritative in the middle after some thought that wasn't his style nor position. i had fauth because of the statistics actually being in his favour.

From what I have seen so far, this side reminds me of Gillingham last season. We all know that a well orgainised, hard working side can do well in this division.

I think if you put your money on a 1-0 win every week, you will be in profit at the end of the season, as I can see that being a regular scoreline.

Still think we will struggle to score sometimes against the better sides, and if we get a spate of injuries we might struggle without the use of a couple of good loans.

Still very early days, but I am much more optimistic now then 2 or 3 weeks ago.

From what I have seen so far, this side reminds me of Gillingham last season. We all know that a well orgainised, hard working side can do well in this division.

I think if you put your money on a 1-0 win every week, you will be in profit at the end of the season, as I can see that being a regular scoreline.

Still think we will struggle to score sometimes against the better sides, and if we get a spate of injuries we might struggle without the use of a couple of good loans.

Still very early days, but I am much more optimistic now then 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I agree with most of your post however I would rather compare us to Stevenage of their promotion season in the fitness and unheralded players that make up our small squad.
For sure Gillingham were fit lads, as were Swindon, Crawley, Rotherham and Crewe.
We (the squad) do look faster and able to work at top levels for the entire 97 minutes.
It is important that we avoid injuries, suspensions and fixture congestion; then we might/should be competing for the top three places and direct promotion.
And please, no knee jerk short term destabilizing panic loans.

Very impressed so far with how we're playing and working together as a team. Lots of competition for places as well which is great. Especially in the center midfield

What stands out to me is the team are fighting as one unit and the overall fitness is very good,Phil and his staff have won me round.

Well done.

I agree with most of your post however I would rather compare us to Stevenage of their promotion season in the fitness and unheralded players that make up our small squad.
For sure Gillingham were fit lads, as were Swindon, Crawley, Rotherham and Crewe.
We (the squad) do look faster and able to work at top levels for the entire 97 minutes.
It is important that we avoid injuries, suspensions and fixture congestion; then we might/should be competing for the top three places and direct promotion.
And please, no knee jerk short term destabilizing panic loans.

I hope not, Stevenage were a bunch of thugs better suited to playing Rugby.

Back