• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
I know that we will get players in ( "we will wont will Phil ????" ) and we might lose Lenny ("we wont will we Ron ???" ) and given that Ranger and Wordsworth wont be available due to holiday and injury , what starting 11 ( and subs ) would people select.
This thread is due to another slow news day...............

Hard choice between Oxley and Smith at this stage, but Oxley for experience, We only have 4 real contenders for the back 4 , so Demetriou, White, Ferdinand and Coker . Assuming no Wordsworth = Lenny, Timlin, Bridge and Mc Laughlin. Real struggle if Lenny goes, Mc G as sub ? , Cox and Fortune upfront. Shows how limited the squad is at present in terms of quality and depth. Need 7 in to replace losses in the not too distant future. Current squad of 17 includes Ranger, Wordsworth Lenny and Bridge. 13 senior players and 11 youngsters , including Bridge and Kyprianou

Yes, things look a little thin .................. but the only possible loss seems to be Leonard ............. and there is bound to be some signings to add some real strength to any already quite good starting XI.

Plenty to be quietly pleased about I think.

Smith
Demetriou Ferdinand White Coker
McGlashan Lenny Timlin McLaughlin
Cox MAF

subs
Oxley, Kyprianou, Matsuzaka, Bridge, Robinson err... Cotton? Batlokwa? Bedford? Wabo?

I know that we will get players in ( "we will wont will Phil ????" ) and we might lose Lenny ("we wont will we Ron ???" ) and given that Ranger and Wordsworth wont be available due to holiday and injury , what starting 11 ( and subs ) would people select.
This thread is due to another slow news day...............

I suppose if you've finally decided to post again Danny it's worth pointing out that Will has moved to Mansfield.:smiles:

I've got to say that we've started seasons with our squad in a worse state. We will sign players before the season starts - of that I have no doubt. But if we had to start the opening game with the sides that have been suggested I think we'd compete. Squad depth really comes into play over the course of an entire season, you could get away with our current side for the odd game.

Smith
Demetriou Ferdinand White Coker
McGlashan Lenny Timlin McLaughlin
Cox MAF

subs

Oxley, Kyprianou, Matsuzaka, Bridge, Robinson err... Cotton? Batlokwa? Bedford? Wabo?
Very little scope to differ ,but Oxley for Smith obviously and surely it would be worth giving Matsuzaka and Bridge a run as McG and White are both bench players.

Wow, we are depressingly short of players. Can anyone make me feel more optimistic by providing a list of decent players currently without a club?

Wow, we are depressingly short of players. Can anyone make me feel more optimistic by providing a list of decent players currently without a club?

Give over - we have the spine/skeleton of a good squad with some youngsters on the periphery. Sign a couple of decent players and all will be well as we scout for some more talent in the "trials bin".

Give over - we have the spine/skeleton of a good squad with some youngsters on the periphery. Sign a couple of decent players and all will be well as we scout for some more talent in the "trials bin".

Well if we do sign Kiernan and Hendrie tomorrow things will look a lot rosier. I think we need a midfield enforcer type particularly if Leonard moves on, a right midfielder and perhaps another striker.

Back