• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Starting line-up

Kris

Available in weeks, not months
I believe we haven't had this discussion yet, so here's my preferred line-up for tomorrow:

Flahavan

Hunt
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

Bentley
Smith
Maher
Campbell-Ryce

Gray
Eastwood

Subs: Edwards, Gower, Lawson, Cole, Goater

The biggest conundrum for me was who to go with in midfield. I thought Smith was poor on Tuesday but I've retained him on the grounds that he will improve the more he plays - restricting him to cameos from the bench will prolong his step up to full fitness; Benno did well when he came on and performed really well in a wider role during our winning streak so he replaces Gower; JCR gets my vote on the left flank as although he's sometimes frustrating, he has still been one of our best performers in recent weeks. Plus, having Maher, Smith and Bentley alongside him will give him a solid base to get forward.

Up front Goater has been disappointing so Gray comes in for him. The former, plus Lawson, Cole and Gower, gives us a variety of attacking options on the bench.

Flahavan

Hunt
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

Campbell-Ryce
Maher
Bentley
Cole

Eastwood
Gray

Subs: Lawson, Goater, Gower, Smith, Edwards

We lacked width on Tuesday, which was summed up when Lawson got the ball and had nowhere to go thanks to Freddy and Smith running towards him as well as 2 defenders. Cole would solve this as he'd hug the touchline and I imagine he realises after being left out for the last 3 games that he needs to impress to get his place back.

Smith has been poor in the last 2 games, somewhat understandably, but now is not the time to give him match practice so Bentley would come in to kick Windass up in the air if nothing else.

Gray for Goater is pretty self explanatory.

Flavs

Hunt
Barratt
Eagle
Wilson

Bentley
Smith
Maher
Cole

Freddy
Gray

I think we should revert back to our pre slump in form team and get back with benno on the right with cole on the left.

Flahavan

Hunt
Edwards
Barrett
Wilson

Campbell-Ryce
Smith
Bentley
Cole

Eastwood
Lawson

Subs : Prior, Maher, Gower, Gray, Goater

Result = WIN

Here are my explanations on the changes:

Prior OUT Edwards IN:

Edwards had done nothing wrong, and in my opinion has been our best centre back this season (including Barrett), i dont feel Prior has played particually well in the last couple of games, except one very good tackle against MK Dons.

Maher OUT Bentley IN:

Quite obvious really, Maher has been terrible, and to be "selebrating" his 300th league appearence makes me want to vomit (or is that all the booze i consume at uni?). Also after performing not so well on his last chance, i feel Beno will perform extra good this time, give the Beno a go.

Gower OUT Cole IN:

This has been covered this week, Cole is our best winger and so should be playing, i dont see it being any more simple. Also i blame Gower for the 2nd goal v Dons.

Goater and Gray OUT Lawson IN:

In my opinion neither Goater or Gray, particually Goater, are doing anything to keep Jimmy out of the team. Also whenever Lawson comes off of the bench we look far better as a unit. However i am not sure about him on the wing, i think he should be given his chance upfront as he did very well when required earlier in the season, so give him the chance to play up there with Freddy, it could be a dream combitantion. You may not think it, but Lawson has a very good footballing brain, and i think of the other 3 striker (him, Gray and Goater), i think he will create more space for Freddy, whichi Freddy will be delighted about.

Not Winning OUT Winning IN:

Im bored of losing, and i want to win, so simple really.

i think Gray & Eastwood must start and will be highly annoyed if he persists with Goater unless there is something more in his contract which suggests otherwise

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 09 2005,18:12)]Maher OUT   Bentley IN:

Quite obvious really, Maher has been terrible, and to be "selebrating" his 300th league appearence makes me want to vomit (or is that all the booze i consume at uni?).  
Well, the booze at uni is certainly having an effect on your spelling anyway.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
biggrin.gif

I think the only liable change for tomorrows game will be gray for goater

Goat still looked off the pace on tues night, gray hasnt done much wrong this season when he has played and deserves his chance

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Dec. 09 2005,17:33)]I believe we haven't had this discussion yet, so here's my preferred line-up for tomorrow:

Flahavan

Hunt
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

Bentley
Smith
Maher
Campbell-Ryce

Gray
Eastwood

Subs: Edwards, Gower, Lawson, Cole, Goater
Absolutely agree 100%, infact this has been the line-up I've been hoping for since Forest away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 09 2005,18:12)]Flahavan

Hunt
Edwards
Barrett
Wilson

Campbell-Ryce
Smith
Bentley
Cole

Eastwood
Lawson

Subs : Prior, Maher, Gower, Gray, Goater

Result = WIN

Here are my explanations on the changes:

Prior OUT   Edwards IN:

Edwards had done nothing wrong, and in my opinion has been our best centre back this season (including Barrett), i dont feel Prior has played particually well in the last couple of games, except one very good tackle against MK Dons.

Maher OUT   Bentley IN:

Quite obvious really, Maher has been terrible, and to be "selebrating" his 300th league appearence makes me want to vomit (or is that all the booze i consume at uni?).  Also after performing not so well on his last chance, i feel Beno will perform extra good this time, give the Beno a go.

Gower OUT   Cole IN:

This has been covered this week, Cole is our best winger and so should be playing, i dont see it being any more simple.  Also i blame Gower for the 2nd goal v Dons.

Goater and Gray OUT   Lawson IN:

In my opinion neither Goater or Gray, particually Goater, are doing anything to keep Jimmy out of the team.  Also whenever Lawson comes off of the bench we look far better as a unit.  However i am not sure about him on the wing, i think he should be given his chance upfront as he did very well when required earlier in the season, so give him the chance to play up there with Freddy, it could be a dream combitantion.  You may not think it, but Lawson has a very good footballing brain, and i think of the other 3 striker (him, Gray and Goater), i think he will create more space for Freddy, whichi Freddy will be delighted about.

Not Winning OUT   Winning IN:

Im bored of losing, and i want to win, so simple really.
Spot on!!!!

Flahavan

Hunt
Eagle
Barrett
Wilson

Gower
Bentley
Maher
Cole

Freddy
Lawson

I would like to see Petterfer get some involvement tommorrow, just to see if thats what we are missing - although its obvious its guttridge JCR rested unless he's gunner pass
biggrin.gif

not saying i'd include maher, but i'm just going with what i think will be picked

I would like to see this team start

Flavs
Hunt
Barrett
Edwards
Wilson
Maher
Campbell-Ryce
Cole
Bentley
Gray
Eastwood

Subs : Smith, Lawson, Spinner, Goat and Gower

Flavs

Wilson
Barrett
Edwards
Hunt

Cole
Bentley
Smith
JCR

Eastwood
Gray

Bench: Bart, Maher, Prior, Lawson, Goater

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Dec. 09 2005,16:33)]I thought Smith was poor on Tuesday but I've retained him on the grounds that he will improve the more he plays - restricting him to cameos from the bench will prolong his step up to full fitness
Good shout on Smith. The bloke next to me said a similar thing about Goater. That being if Tilly drops him for any length of time his fitness will fall away. I don't suppose you can ask the Goat to play in the stiffs!

flavs

barrett
prior
eagle

wingbacks:
jcr
cole

midfield:
benno
maher
smith

freddy
gray

i hope lawson gets a run today, he has been playing very well for the reserves

I don't think Tilson will be brave enough to drop Maher. Not that I'd advocate such a decision without obvious need. But Maher has been playing below par so it seems and maybe someone else deserves a crack?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Dec. 10 2005,09:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Dec. 09 2005,16:33)]I thought Smith was poor on Tuesday but I've retained him on the grounds that he will improve the more he plays - restricting him to cameos from the bench will prolong his step up to full fitness
Good shout on Smith. The bloke next to me said a similar thing about Goater. That being if Tilly drops him for any length of time his fitness will fall away. I don't suppose you can ask the Goat to play in the stiffs!
good point about Smith - keep playing him will do him good. Does Goater have must fitness left to lose though!

OS has the teamsheet, only change is gray for goater

petts is on the bench

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Dec. 10 2005,14:27)]OS has the teamsheet, only change is gray for goater
Blimey, did they fax it to Malta then?

wow.gif

Back