• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

State of league 2 next season

We have absolutely zero chance of getting Leonard back on loan.

Unless I’ve missed someone else, I believe Lenny is their record signing. It’s true that the fans don’t really rate him at Millwall, but I can’t imagine they’d be willing to send their record signing on loan to a Lg2 club.

if sol is moving on to bigger and better things i would like to see tilly back ...knows the awful league we will be in next year...cant bring myself to type it.. and us long in the tooth supporters all like the way tilly managed the team way back when...

I love Tilly as much as the next blue but would I want him back after what, 10 years away from the game? No. The game has changed somewhat since he left us and so has league two in fairness. I wouldn’t want him to come back and ruin his legacy. If Sol does leave, which over the last few days I’ve become more adamant that he will, I think we need to bring in a young manager with fresh ideas etc

I love Tilly as much as the next blue but would I want him back after what, 10 years away from the game? No. The game has changed somewhat since he left us and so has league two in fairness. I wouldn’t want him to come back and ruin his legacy. If Sol does leave, which over the last few days I’ve become more adamant that he will, I think we need to bring in a young manager with fresh ideas etc
Agree with what you say but Tilly would be a great assistant to Adam

Gut feeling... no inside info or anything. But look at the evidence -

1) Minimal contact between him and players (allegedly)

2) Minimal statements and interaction with club

3) No comment on our relegation

4) Appears on TV and no comment is made about him being our manager

5) Heavily linked with Bolton job (no smoke without fire etc.)

Not the behaviour of a man building a squad for next season in my opinion.

Many thanks, fbm. The evidence is circumstantial but looks pretty persuasive.

No way that Kelman and Bwomono will be with us next season

Elvis will be gone in this window, or the January one at the latest.

Ron won’t allow him to go for nothing next summer, when we’ve already turned away suitors over the last few windows.

Elvis will be gone in this window, or the January one at the latest.

Ron won’t allow him to go for nothing next summer, when we’ve already turned away suitors over the last few windows.

He wouldn't go for nothing, he won't be 22 until November so as he's been with us since the age of 14 we'd be entitled to compensation. It's similar to the Dan Bentley situation and Ron turned down a higher offer for him and took the compensation at the end of his contract.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...-11million-from-brentford-for-daniel-bentley/

I guess it will depend on how big an offer we get for Elvis (and how desperate for cash Ron is at the time!)

I think our squad will be fine next season, obviously we will pick up a couple of experienced players towards the start of the new season. I hope we don't try and get Lenny or Dru back on loan as the club seems to have a bit of an obsession with signing former players and it rarely works out

I think every promotion I’ve seen has been achieved with a centre-half on his second stint at his home town club (Clark, Prior, Barrett).

Maybe retaining John White is more of a priority than I’ve given it credit for.

Keep White,McLaughlin,Dieng,Lennon,and the Scottish lad,Ask Mr Barrett at Millwall if our 3 time POTY now playing for them is available for loan ,to be the spine in the midfield and onfield leader ,sign the 2 lads from Macclesfield then along with our young fellows we have a decent squad for league 2 .
Here's a conspiracy theory for you our 3 times POTY has just bought a house in Leigh on Sea!

Back