• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

State of league 2 next season

leeblue

Members⭐
Given the crippling financial blow the Covid 19 pandemic has dealt to lower league football I have a theory on the look of league 2 especially next season. Youth....im sure it will be a glorified youth league set up...something I have no problem with the way. Yes we may have a few senior pros knocking around each club. For example I'd keep John white around.
A back for of
Elvis dieng Nelson Clifford
Midfield of
Egbri gard Phillips barrett
Up top
Good ship kellan

Get in 2 or 3 seniors in.
I truly think this could well be the plan for most clubs in our position

League 2 is I'm afraid not a place for a team of young kids. They will get muscled and bullied off the ball. But a few of them, in with some senior pros, will be fine.

I don't think Sol will be with us... and the next manager needs to be someone who knows the league and has a good network; another Sturrock type. Definitely not someone cutting their managerial teeth.

League 2 is I'm afraid not a place for a team of young kids. They will get muscled and bullied off the ball. But a few of them, in with some senior pros, will be fine.

I don't think Sol will be with us... and the next manager needs to be someone who knows the league and has a good network; another Sturrock type. Definitely not someone cutting their managerial teeth.

The last time we had a rookie manager we got promoted from League Two.

Look at FC Rostov as their 6 first team players was positive, so their whole squad was told to stay in for 7 days. They played their whole under 21 team against Sochi, in a derby game and lost 10-1, even Rostov scored first. It’s does show we need an experienced backbone in our team or we would get physically beaten up.

Look at FC Rostov as their 6 first team players was positive, so their whole squad was told to stay in for 7 days. They played their whole under 21 team against Sochi, in a derby game and lost 10-1, even Rostov scored first. It’s does show we need an experienced backbone in our team or we would get physically beaten up.
In the scope of a NORMAL season in league 2 I'd agree 100%...I just think the majority of league 2 clubs are screwed financially. So 1 of 2 things will happen...the average salary for footballers at this level will drop a fair bit or clubs will field very young teams from youth set ups, as you said a spine of a few experienced heads would be ideal

Keep White,McLaughlin,Dieng,Lennon,and the Scottish lad,Ask Mr Barrett at Millwall if our 3 time POTY now playing for them is available for loan ,to be the spine in the midfield and onfield leader ,sign the 2 lads from Macclesfield then along with our young fellows we have a decent squad for league 2 .

FBM, what makes you think Sol Campbell won't be with us next season?

Keep White,McLaughlin,Dieng,Lennon,and the Scottish lad,Ask Mr Barrett at Millwall if our 3 time POTY now playing for them is available for loan ,to be the spine in the midfield and onfield leader ,sign the 2 lads from Macclesfield then along with our young fellows we have a decent squad for league 2 .

We have absolutely zero chance of getting Leonard back on loan.

Reactions: GBJ
I think our squad will be fine next season, obviously we will pick up a couple of experienced players towards the start of the new season. I hope we don't try and get Lenny or Dru back on loan as the club seems to have a bit of an obsession with signing former players and it rarely works out

I think our squad will be fine next season, obviously we will pick up a couple of experienced players towards the start of the new season. I hope we don't try and get Lenny or Dru back on loan as the club seems to have a bit of an obsession with signing former players and it rarely works out

Whilst I agree we do have obsession with signing former players. But this season coming if the opportunity arose to take either of those two back on loan we would be mental not too! Both Championship quality players in League Two, yes please! Now people calling to get Prosser back we’ll that’s just ridiculous and that is going backwards.

I think a team of kids will be fine if... we get in a few LG2 journeymen

1. No nonsense commanding big CB.
2. Tough tackling CM To break up play, win the ball back.
3. Big unit upfront for knock ons and a provide an outlet.

All with a low injury record!

Probably a bit rudimental
agree with the above, which basically breaks down to needing:
1. A new Adam Barrett
2. A new Michael Timlin
3. A new Barry Corr

FBM, what makes you think Sol Campbell won't be with us next season?
Gut feeling... no inside info or anything. But look at the evidence -

1) Minimal contact between him and players (allegedly)

2) Minimal statements and interaction with club

3) No comment on our relegation

4) Appears on TV and no comment is made about him being our manager

5) Heavily linked with Bolton job (no smoke without fire etc.)

Not the behaviour of a man building a squad for next season in my opinion.

Back