• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement from Ron Martin (16/9/20)

28 professional players? We have 22 listed on the club website in the first team. I guess that also includes some u23s such as Klass, Acquah (even with the club?), Howard, Callum Taylor, Benton and Stewart.

GK: Oxley, Seaden
DEF: Bwomono, Ralph, Hobson, Clifford, Taylor, Demetriou, Lennon, Kyprianou, Mitchell-Nelson, White
MID: Green, Dieng, Egbri, Gard, Phillips, Hutchinson, Kinali
FWD: Goodship, Rush, Kelman

If it is as simple as the squad numbers being capped at 23 players, then can't we drop players/loan them out to make space? Mitchell-Nelson has been playing for the u23s. Rush and Kinali can go out on loan to gain experience.

When you see that squad on paper it really does scream second successive relegation doesn't it....

That's what I thought but Sol definitely did support the original petition because he was owed that same amount. Seems too big a coincidence.

I believe Askey was on a 12 month rolling contract too before he left for Shrewsbury so goodness knows what bonkers wage he was on in exchange for promotion to League Two!

Assuming the club is run financially on a month to month cash flow basis.... And approx 1470 season tickets have been sold... How much does that add up to that's not been released by the card firm????? Is it anywhere near the balance RM still owed after finding 200k and thought he would have?

It would depend on how many were full price, realistically it would be around £400k, if it was I assume Ron could have found the additional from somewhere to clear the debt

I just want him to come out and say look I’m sorry I’ve ****ed up, I need a little help or I’ve ****ed up it will be paid I just need more time. Straight to the point and no bull****!

It’s all about the blame everyone but himself!

This is exactly why he doesn't make these sorts of statements often.

If he said "it will be paid and I just need more time" you'd complain it wasn't enough. People basically want him to say stuff just so they can shoot him down. Every time he comes out with something the same people demanding a statement then just call him a liar anyway.

There's plenty of detail here for those who want to read what he actually says.

The trouble is people aren't going to like the message.

Because he was listing the injured players.

This is the passage, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with injuries:

As Mark said early on “Rome wasn’t built in a day” with the senior pros of John White, Jason Demetriou, Timothee Dieng and shortly Harry Lennon too coupled with the new signings (x6) it will be a very different team in the coming weeks in terms of experience to that which we were forced to play Saturday.

This is exactly why he doesn't make these sorts of statements often.

If he said "it will be paid and I just need more time" you'd complain it wasn't enough. People basically want him to say stuff just so they can shoot him down. Every time he comes out with something the same people demanding a statement then just call him a liar anyway.

There's plenty of detail here for those who want to read what he actually says.

The trouble is people aren't going to like the message.

I would! I’d rather he said that then giving us mindless bollocks.

As Mark said early on “Rome wasn’t built in a day” with the senior pros of John White, Jason Demetriou, Timothee Dieng and shortly Harry Lennon too coupled with the new signings (x6) it will be a very different team in the coming weeks in terms of experience to that which we were forced to play Saturday.
Just realised he says "coming weeks" in that assurance. He's got 6 weeks until the next hearing. 8 weeks is two lunar months so one would probably scoff if his timeframe is 8 or more weeks and he's calling it "weeks". So we're either going to see a fair few youngster (temporarily) move on in the immediate future or he's going to pay off the debt, get the embargo lifted and sign those senior pros between weeks 6 and 8, well into November at the latest by that point. Or maybe I'm reading far too much into it!

Well we're bookies favourite for the drop the same as last year,so promotion back to league one .....just seen MM walking on water off the pier!!
Not a mention of FF .....why?? It's the very reason were in this mess

As an aside I am not sure the chargeback would be Cardnets liability should a chargeback be claimed as that would surely fall to the individuals card provider.

A chargeback is a reversal of a payment so the money goes from the business and their bank (the Acquirer) to the cardholder and their bank (the Issuer). If there were to be any chargebacks raised they'd fall on Cardnet to then try to pass along to the Club.

That's why Cardnet are sitting on the funds until matches are played.

Cardnet, as the card acquirer, are fully liable in the event that the club goes bust. Season ticket holders who have paid on card would be able to claim their money back through a chargeback and they (Cardnet) would have to honour the claim.

As such they'll be holding onto all funds I'd imagine until games have been played and their risk has dropped.

As someone who has worked in risk management in that sector I'd be staggered if they released anything to SUFC whilst the threat of being wound up exists.
Rather unusual for, what in payment processing company to block the funds. Looks like CV19 is taking it's toll. Banks looking out for their self.

How we will get the monsy......

They need to figure it out themselves first.
[/QUOTE]
they were planning to put SC on 'who wants to be a millionaire ' and crossing their fingers

John White, Jason Demetriou, Timothee Dieng and Harry Lennon all missed Harrogate.

They are the "four senior pros" he referred to elsewhere in the statement who didn't play meaning we had a very inexperienced side.

Oxley isn't going to make it a very different team in terms of experience as he played v Harrogate:Unsure:

I think we are missing some of the points of changing the team. I believe that we can de-register some of the youngsters. So they won’t be able to play for senior team, but will still he contracted to the club and we will hold their registration, so if chose we could sell them or loan them out. But by de-registering them we create the space for the new incoming players without exceeding our cap of 23 players.

I do think we will also look to sell a few fringe players. and based off their performances last weekend and last season I have a few that I think we should ship out.

I think we are missing some of the points of changing the team. I believe that we can de-register some of the youngsters. So they won’t be able to play for senior team, but will still he contracted to the club and we will hold their registration, so if chose we could sell them or loan them out. But by de-registering them we create the space for the new incoming players without exceeding our cap of 23 players.

I do think we will also look to sell a few fringe players. and based off their performances last weekend and last season I have a few that I think we should ship out.
It could be MM may have identified up to around 4 youngsters he believes just aren't good enough.
If the above is possible it's a better option for them but it will be a harsh message to deliver either way.

If we could de-register players wouldn't we have done this February to make space for Vassell and Osadebe?

What fringe players would have takers?

Back