• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement from Ron Martin (16/9/20)

And 2019 changes

27. Security
27.1 If any part of Lloyds Banking Group holds security in respect of any liabilities of the Retailer to Lloyds Bank plc, then any sums due from the Retailer to the Bank under this Agreement will be secured upon such security.
27.2 Lloyds Bank plc may at any time without notice to the Retailer set off, against any sums due from Lloyds Bank plc (whether or not in connection with this Agreement) to the Retailer, any sums due from the Retailer to the Bank or which in the Bank’s reasonable opinion are likely to fall due but to remain unpaid by the Retailer.
27.3 The Bank may at any time by notice require the Retailer to give security, in such form as the Bank shall determine, in respect of all sums due at any time under this Agreement or any loss or damage that the Bank may suffer under this Agreement (including any future Chargeback risk). The Retailer must comply with the Bank’s request within the timescale specified in the notice.
28. Variation
The Bank may from time to time vary this Agreement (including the Retailer Operating Manual) upon written notice to the Retailer. The Bank will give the Retailer at least 30 (thirty) days notice of any variation

Cardnet is merely Lloyds Bank's vehicle for accepting credit/debit card payments. As the club's bankers are Bank of Scotland, part of the Lloyds group, it does not take a great leap of logic to conclude that the club's bank accounts are frozen and only selected transactions such as salaries and wages and service bills are permitted. The funds received by credit card are subject to chargeback so not unreasonable for the bank to retain the money unril the services paid for, season tickets, have been supplied. As connected lender under section 75 of Consumer Credit Act, the bank would be liable.

Cardnet is merely Lloyds Bank's vehicle for accepting credit/debit card payments. As the club's bankers are Bank of Scotland, part of the Lloyds group, it does not take a great leap of logic to conclude that the club's bank accounts are frozen and only selected transactions such as salaries and wages and service bills are permitted. The funds received by credit card are subject to chargeback so not unreasonable for the bank to retain the money unril the services paid for, season tickets, have been supplied. As connected lender under section 75 of Consumer Credit Act, the bank would be liable.

Agreed, but Ron mentioned Cardnet as being a reason we couldn't settle debt and the deflection tactic has worked perfectly with some on here suggesting fans should blame the bank rather than Ron.

Not sure if it’s been spoken about already and I might have put 2 and 2 together and got 5... but is Ron essentially alluding to there being some more departures from the current squad to accommodate MM’s signings? If so, who? I can’t think who we would allow to leave or pay up contracts for.

Not sure if it’s been spoken about already and I might have put 2 and 2 together and got 5... but is Ron essentially alluding to there being some more departures from the current squad to accommodate MM’s signings? If so, who? I can’t think who we would allow to leave or pay up contracts for.
Basically yes. I think, unfortunately, we may see some of the younger players leave. I don’t believe that loaning out a player counts as having them off your squad count but could be wrong. We have to bring in some experience to survive this season it’s needs must basically. This season is a survival one nothing more. We have to cut our cloth accordingly and just manage as best we can. Get through this season and IF there are plans in motion for a new stadium then the future is brighter.

Yes, I think that may be the case.

Basically yes. I think, unfortunately, we may see some of the younger players leave. I don’t believe that loaning out a player counts as having them off your squad count but could be wrong. We have to bring in some experience to survive this season it’s needs must basically. This season is a survival one nothing more. We have to cut our cloth accordingly and just manage as best we can. Get through this season and IF there are plans in motion for a new stadium then the future is brighter.
I thought loaning did count, isn't that why Klass hasn't counted towards the limit?

I don't normally get on the hatred or fear band wagon with Ron. His tenure is by no means the worst compared to other owners/chairman in the lower leagues, or even the prem. He has backed a lot of managers in his time, probably too much on reflection, so I've never really felt the urge to be overly derogatory of him. He has tried to make us a successful club over the years and lots were quick to enjoy that success at the time. He of course has lots of negative things against his name, and I'd never endorse him getting off the hook for a lot of the things he has done, but I do think he has tried to point us in the right direction.

Yesterday's statement was rather different to what we normally get though. He normally sounds so composed, even when adversity is staring him in the face. However, this is the most incoherent he has sounded! Let's be honest, he has had long enough to converse win the fans and actually compile a sound statement.

I really thought he would talk about the stadium getting the go ahead (true or not) before October, thus funds would be freed up to pay of the debt. No mention of it though! Very different stance this time.

On the playing front, he was even more deluded. Banging on about the missing senior pro's! Is he seriously suggesting that had we had White and Dieng in the team it would have drastically changed our fortunes on Saturday?! They were ok at Gillingham, but that was more like a glorified pre season game. Plus, relying on Lennon and Demi who are constantly injured is a recipe for disaster. The squad is way too young and not good enough yet. That isn't going to drastically change anytime soon. Then to talk about promotion when looking at our depleted squad is simply ridiculous. I'm all for staying positive, but there is a fine line between being overly positive and damn right delusional.

Really don't know where to draw inspiration from this time around. At least we still have the Ox in goal...

TAKEN FROM A FACEBOOK PAGE (544 MEMBERS SO FAR):

PROTEST SATURDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 5pm ROOTS HALL

We are organising a protest on the above date at the ground.
The protest will take place in the club car park straight after the next home game against Morecambe. If we could ask fans to be there by 4.45pm if possible.

VERY IMPORTANT: This will be a peaceful protest and Social Distancing rules MUST be adhered to. Therefore, it will be in groups of no more than six and each group MUST be 2 metres apart from the next group. Face coverings MUST also be worn at all times (these will be provided if you don't have one)

We have spoke to Essex Police to check where we stand on protests with the current laws of no more than 6 in a group and the good news is that we are fine to protest as long as social distancing is kept. They will NOT issue fines if you attend, you would only be asked to leave if social distacing was not adhered to or any trouble was started which obviously we don't want.

We want to get our message across but in a peaceful way!!

There is a funding page on here which any money donated will go to the cost of all the print of the Banners and posters (wording to be confirmed) Anything you can give would be much appreciated, even if it's only a couple of pound!! Any money left over will be donated to the Shrimpers trust

Please spread the word to as many people as possible who would be interested in coming along. We need to know numbers asap so please let us know if you would interested in attending and tell every fan you know who cares about our club and doesn't want to see it go under!! I have said I will keep the police informed with an approx numbers of how many will be attending to it's vital you let us know asap.

Suggestions for messages on the banners would be welcome (keep them clean please)
Please tell any fans that aren't on this page to join so they can be kept up to date with next Saturdays protest details!!

Enough is enough, we won't sit back anymore and watch Ron Martin destroy our beloved club we all love so much.

Up the Blues!!

Thank you!

Sorry... but when your only chance of getting out of this mess is for an individual to put their hand in their pocket to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds to prop up a business we have established has little realisable assets and no income for the forseeable I just don't see how this helps encourage that to happen in any way.

The protest will take place in the club car park straight after the next home game against Morecambe. If we could ask fans to be there by 4.45pm if possible.

VERY IMPORTANT: This will be a peaceful protest and Social Distancing rules MUST be adhered to. Therefore, it will be in groups of no more than six and each group MUST be 2 metres apart from the next group. Face coverings MUST also be worn at all times (these will be provided if you don't have one)

We have spoke to Essex Police to check where we stand on protests with the current laws of no more than 6 in a group and the good news is that we are fine to protest as long as social distancing is kept. They will NOT issue fines if you attend, you would only be asked to leave if social distacing was not adhered to or any trouble was started which obviously we don't want.

There is a funding page on here which any money donated will go to the cost of all the print of the Banners and posters (wording to be confirmed) Anything you can give would be much appreciated, even if it's only a couple of pound!! Any money left over will be donated to the Shrimpers trust

Please spread the word to as many people as possible who would be interested in coming along. We need to know numbers asap so please let us know if you would interested in attending and tell every fan you know who cares about our club and doesn't want to see it go under!! I have said I will keep the police informed with an approx numbers of how many will be attending to it's vital you let us know asap.

Suggestions for messages on the banners would be welcome (keep them clean please)
Please tell any fans that aren't on this page to join so they can be kept up to date with next Saturdays protest details!!

Enough is enough, we won't sit back anymore and watch Ron Martin destroy our beloved club we all love so much.

Up the Blues!!

Thank you!

What a load of Bollocks.

Do people really think there is a line of wealthy individuals queuing up to invest in a lower league soccer team?

I despair, I really do.

What a load of Bollocks.

Do people really think there is a line of wealthy individuals queuing up to invest in a lower league soccer team?

I despair, I really do.

I don't think anyone expects a Sheikh to come flying but I'm not surprised people are fed. Ron needs to bite the bullet and open the club up to outside investment.

Sorry... but when your only chance of getting out of this mess is for an individual to put their hand in their pocket to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds to prop up a business we have established has little realisable assets and no income for the forseeable I just don't see how this helps encourage that to happen in any way.
Its a nonsense- let all attending contribute £100 each towards club funds and then something good might come of it.

I don't think anyone expects a Sheikh to come flying but I'm not surprised people are fed. Ron needs to bite the bullet and open the club up to outside investment.
He is via the RH and Fossetts Farm Projects and through the development partners. That the way he is doing it and have put millions into the club its his choice to make as much as we moan about it. Where are these alternative investors?

I think there are some out their that think a rich overseas investor is just itching to pout a few 10s of millions in.

Agree there is very unlikely to be a millionaire waiting to buy RM out, but at least these people will be getting off their keyboards and doing something whether you agree or not. Also, I think that the fans have given RM an incredibly easy ride thus far - it's not just about the financial situation that people despair, it's the lack of communication, the lack of leadership, the apparent lack of any consideration for the lifeblood of any lower league club - the fans. Of course he won't be able to sell up, but if he can try and address some of the other issues then we will have a far happier club and set of supporters of which the SZ membership is but a small fraction.

He is via the RH and Fossetts Farm Projects and through the development partners. That the way he is doing it and have put millions into the club its his choice to make as much as we moan about it. Where are these alternative investors?

Announce that he's open to investors abd they'll come knocking.

Up the Blues!!

Thank you!
So after watching the game on iFollow you want everyone to teleport to Roots Hall so we are there straight after the final whistle.

Unless your not a season ticket holders (or we're playing worse than last time) I can't see people going for that.

I couldn't attend as will be down in Weymouth (Lucky for me I get to watch the match on I Follow as I would ordinarily have missed this match)

Love to know who they would want in. Unless we have the next Vichai Srivaddhanaprabhalined (RIP) up I can't see anyone taking over. Could get someone from China who claims to have the cash then puts us into administration and never heard of again. All they have to do is pass the fit and proper EFL test. How many dodgy chairman have been at clubs.

Don't remember the Martin out chants during the double promotion season. Don't remember the Martin out chants when we got to promoted through the playoffs.

Yeah, Ron's probably not the greatest chairman.

Are there worse than him, most definitely.

Are there better than him out there, probably.

Are there better than him out there that want to come in and buy the club? I'm not exactly seeing them queuing up.

Back