• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

STEAK

• Blue

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rare

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Medium rare

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Medium

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Medium well

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Well done/ash

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Che's Left Foot

an Australian chap
Just had one of the greatest - some would say life-changing - steaks of recent times (28oz medium rare rib-eye, I should add)...so beautiful it almost brought me to TEARS.

image.jpg

So, fellow zoners, how do you eat yours?

Rare/Medium rare depending on cut with bearnaise sauce and frites.

28oz is verging on the competitive eating side of things though. 12oz is good enough.

Best steak I have ever eaten was at Relais De'lentrecoute in Geneva.

I understand they have a opened a joint in London, has anyone tried it?

Rare/Medium rare depending on cut with bearnaise sauce and frites.

28oz is verging on the competitive eating side of things though. 12oz is good enough.

Best steak I have ever eaten was at Relais De'lentrecoute in Geneva.

I understand they have a opened a joint in London, has anyone tried it?

I was there on Friday, and have been there before. Fantastic place to go if you only want steak and chips (mainly because the have nothing else on the menu). Steak is flavorful and succulent.....Good call!

The other place in London well worth visiting-and is in my opinion the best- is Hawksmoor....Great steaks!

Relais has been open for some time now, few years I would say. They operate a no booking policy which sometimes puts me off as I don't like queuing.

Hawksmoor, Goodman's and the staple which is Gaucho are all pretty good.

Buenos Aires in Maidstone best Ive had.

Hawksmoor was also very good.

Best place Ive found so far in Southend is Sands on the Seafront, any other local recommendations?

Last edited:
Best steak ever eaten was from a Greek restaurant in Lanzarote.

Second best steak was at a restaurant in Spain not far from Puerto Banus.

Buenos Aires in Maidstone best Ive had.

Hawksmoor was also very good.

Best place Ive found so far in Southend is Sands on the Seafront, any other local recommendations?

You could do worse than Miller & Carter. Served with a wedge of lettuce and onion loaf. FIT.

I went there a while ago and wasnt impressed, we thought it was still the Silver Jubilee till we got there! However I cant remember what I had. Ill have to give it another go.

Went to Miller and Carter a while back and share Jam Mans sentiments, but perhaps that's because I've become accustomed to Hawksmoor, Gaucho, Relais and Goodmans who are just another level.

Back