• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member

We would have 2 excellent left sided players. Or Coker has one year on his contract I think. This keeps us from another Lenny type problem

He is better than Coker...improving the squad! Great signing if true.

If true, it makes you wonder whether there is interest in Coker and Southend believe it is best to consider selling him now before his contract runs out next year.

He is a massive step up from Cokes as LB, but also maybe PB is thinking of an attacking left mid in one or either of them. Either way get him signed :-)

Hendrie will be an excellent addition to the team. His bio reckons he is primarily a left back but can also play in central defence. His height is given as 5'8" so maybe left hand side will be the right place for him. Coker, Hendrie, McLaughlin.....hmmm, competition at last on the left or maybe Coker is being approached again. Also looks like Timms will be a squad player this year (until he proves me wrong again!!)

What a signing if true! I would be over the moon with that and well worth the wait for our first signing.

Would love this if true. Again would be proof that PB can get quality players to join us ! At this level I feel he could play most places other than just LB. Additions like this is what gives me continued hope for this season.

How Is Hendrie an upgrade. he's potentially dropping into league 1 without any real interest in him from the championship it seems if he did join. whilst coker could be heading into the championship or at least to a top league 1 side. all this makes it look like coker is on the up and hendrie is on the way down.

How Is Hendrie an upgrade. he's potentially dropping into league 1 without any real interest in him from the championship it seems if he did join. whilst coker could be heading into the championship or at least to a top league 1 side. all this makes it look like coker is on the up and hendrie is on the way down.

Be fair. Hendrie is younger. Coker had to drop down the pyramid before being given the chance to shine. It happens. lets not write the lad off even before he signs.

Because he is a much better player than Coker and is more suited to the wing-back roll over Coker. As he clearly proved when he was here last time. PB wanted to keep Hendrie and West Ham were more than happy to let him stay. The budget wouldn't allow for 2 well paid left backs.

Superb news if true. Would put us in a strange situation of having two of the best left backs in the division, and both better than anything we've got at right back. Dimi is good, but I'd take Cokes or Hendrie over him any day of the week.

Maybe either Cokes or Hendrie will be moved forward to replace a certain midfielder that started off as a fullback...

Back